Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adding Color using More
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Adding Color using More Post 302677661 by metallica1973 on Thursday 26th of July 2012 01:19:12 PM
Old 07-26-2012
Adding Color using More

Daily Stupid Question:

When I use a cat with a grep I can see "blind SQL injection vulnerablity" highlighted as red and is easily readable

Code:
cat file |grep -i 'blind\ SQL\ injection\ vulnerability'

When I add a more to view the results page at a time, the color is taken away and is very hard to read.

Code:
cat file |grep -i 'blind\ SQL\ injection\ vulnerability'|more

How can I add the color when using more to view stuff page by page?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Adding Color to bash

Hey everyone, I have come across an issue to where I am trying to create a script which changes the text color with a simple if then statement. I have seen it done with Fedora 8 but when I try and create it using my MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard it doesn't work. Funny thing is, when I use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dachadster13
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk adding color

I want to know if there is any way to highlight search results using GAWK. So for example: gawk '{IGNORECASE=1;} /^<a/&&/\$/' index.html <a class=author href="http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=10&amp;amp;catAbb=sss&amp;amp;query=ps vita" title="craigslist washington, DC | all for sale... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
3 Replies
THEMOLE(1)						      General Commands Manual							THEMOLE(1)

NAME
themole - automatic SQL injection exploitation tool SYNOPSIS
themole [ -h ] [ -u url ] [ -n needle ] [-t num_threads] DESCRIPTION
The Mole is a command line interface SQL Injection exploitation tool. This application is able to exploit both union-based and blind bool- ean-based injections. Every action The Mole can execute is triggered by a specific command. All this application requires in order to exploit a SQL Injection is the URL(including the parameters) and a needle(a string) that appears in the server's response whenever the injection parameter generates a valid query, and does not appear otherwise. OPTIONS
-h Shows the help message and exits. -u url Sets the url of the mole's instance to url. -n needle Sets the needle of the mole's instance to needle. It must be a string that appears when the injection returns true and disappears when the injection is false. -t threads Sets the max number of concurrent requests that the mole will be making. Cannot be changed at runtime. SEE ALSO
The program provides interactive documentation, refer also to the official README file. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Santiago Alessandri <salessandri@nasel.com.ar> November 24 2011 THEMOLE(1)