Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to annotate text on image files? Post 302677605 by Corona688 on Thursday 26th of July 2012 11:06:30 AM
Old 07-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bal_nair
1.script could able to get the numeras , but unable to annotate on the image
I'm not sure what you mean.
Quote:
2.multiple files are being wriiten for a particular png files
Could you give an example of what's happening?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stamping Text on an Image File

Hi all, again, I have lots of questions I guess. This one should be easier though :) . I have a goal to be able to put some preformatted text into a template (which is now a tiff file, but can be changed) and then output it to a printer. Right now we're thinking PostScript might work or some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pageld
0 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Unix text doc with a .gif image

I would like to insert a .gif image into a text file that is generated by a Unix-based database application. Can anyone please tell me how I can achieve this? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunita_rao
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create an Ignite image on tape from Online IgniteUX image

Hi, (HP-UX 11.11) I need to create a tape image of an igniteUX image created on our igniteUX server. That is to say. I have a "Online" image of the igniteUX of the targeted system but I now need to copy it to a useable TAPE (igniteUX) image so i can build an other server from it that is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect text to image file

How can I redirect text data to an image (png, jpg, gif... etc) file using perl on unix solaris environment?? Please suggest. Pooja (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wadhwa.pooja
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail with rich text / HTML with image

Hi, Is it possible to send mail from my HP-Ux system with images, rich text? I would like to program in such a way that I have my company's logo(.jpg) image attached in the mail geeting triggered. I would like to send a rich text/HTML email instead of plain text mail to the recipients. Is it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rythym05
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add text to image files

Hi to all, Some help here please. I have a several image files (photos, jpg files), let say 100 photos, and a list of 100 different little comments in a text file, each comment for each image. Somebody knows if I can add (like a watermark in the bottom) this text comments and how in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching image files to create one image

Hi, I have two sets of image files. Both sets have names A to Z but set 1 ends with .cdt.png and set 2 ends with .matrix.png. I want set 1 to match with set 2 if the names match (i.e. A.cdt.png will match with A.matrix.png) and with the convert image tool (program for images), it will merge the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to extract text from image file

Hi Folks, Could you please share your ideas on extracting text from image file(jpg,png and gif formats). Regards, J (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to convert text to image

Hi Can someone help me writing a script to convert the texts in a text file into images for each token? Thanks in advance. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
1 Replies

10. Web Development

Center image between two text paragraphs.

I want to show a page with an image between 2 any paragraphs. I tried the following script. But the image is not centered. SUSE Paste <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <style> center.center_1 { margin: auto; width: 60%; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)