Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Grub installation fails in Linux BMR.. Post 302677599 by Corona688 on Thursday 26th of July 2012 11:00:04 AM
Old 07-26-2012
Well, what changed with grub between v5 and v6? Is it a different version of grub? Take a look at what files are present inside /boot between the two versions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

GRUB Error and Installation Failure

...I haven't been here in along time! Anyways, I didn't know where I should put this, as this involves practically three OSes, so if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it. Recently, I thought about this: installing OpenSUSE 10.1 on my Mac Mini's (Intel Core Duo) external hard... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danny_10
0 Replies

2. Solaris

X-windows Problem /GUI Installation fails

Guys, I am trying to install few products on my solaris 10 box. One of these installation would go as GUI installation. Whenever i run the setup, it throws an error message saying that GUI could not be started. What all things i need to check on server side as well as client (my windows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Management Center installation fails

Hi all I'm trying to install Sun Management Center 4.0 on a fresh installation of Solaris 10 on a Sun 280R server. The installation keeps failing (during the setup process). Below is an extract of the log file (where things start to go wrong): Starting Sun Management Center database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soliberus
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

make test fails for DBD::Oracle installation

I've already installed the DBI Perl Module with no issues and now I'm attempting to install the DBD::Oracle driver on a Red Hat Enterprise 4 server and am having some trouble. I've checked through the forums and haven't seen anything helpful at this point. Everything goes fine during the perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstrosnyder
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Can't have the GRUB menu for solaris x86 installation

Dears, I'm trying to install solaris x86 on sun x4170 M2 I started connecting consol to the machine but when I do the reset /SYS command nothing changed I can see that the /SYS is powered on but I can get the GRUB menu to start the installation of the solaris. the solaris DVD is already... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: engwzwz
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grub Installation fails with stage1 error

Hi, I have a problem in installing grub where the error thrown as " /grub/stage1 file not found" but the stage1, stage2 files are present in the /boot/grub/ folder. I do this grub install in the final step of the Linux BMR that i have designed. In the CentOs version above 6.0 the grub... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvarajvs
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Openvz installation fails

Hello, I have a problem So I want to install this openvz. I run command apt-get install linux-image-openvz-amd64 and after that I check whether everything went ok with uname -r. But it seems that openvz is nowhere to be found. Why is that? All I see is 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64. Also when I try to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linas
1 Replies

8. AIX

Phase 3 fails while performing alt disk installation.

Hi All, I have been trying to perform alt disk installation for AIX 6.1 server. Phas 3 fails and bosboot is not getting updated. when i tried only phase 1 and phase 3 by skipping phase 2 for just testing purpose, then boot image was getting updated. But when i try phase3 after phase 2, boot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
3 Replies

9. AIX

DB2 10.5 un-installation Fails

AIX 7.1 on Power7 Platform. I am doing this as root. OK, somehow my instance is stuck and I cannot create any new instances for the 10.5 (db2icrt gets to step 2 of creation and sits. Have let it sit for 45minutes). db2ilist shows the instance, but deleting it says there is no instance. Tried to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies

10. Linux

Ansible installation fails on standalone Oracle Linux

I have a standalone Oracle Linux server which has no connectivity to the internet. I was following a blog which directed me to download all ansible dependent setup files and install them using the below command. # yum localinstall -y python-crypto-2.6.1-1.el7.rf.x86_64.rpm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
GRUB-INSTALL(8) 					  System Administration Utilities					   GRUB-INSTALL(8)

NAME
grub-install - install GRUB to a device SYNOPSIS
grub-install [OPTION] install_device DESCRIPTION
Install GRUB on your drive. -h, --help print this message and exit -v, --version print the version information and exit --modules=MODULES pre-load specified modules MODULES --boot-directory=DIR install GRUB images under the directory DIR/grub instead of the /boot/grub directory --grub-setup=FILE use FILE as grub-setup --grub-mkimage=FILE use FILE as grub-mkimage --grub-mkrelpath=FILE use FILE as grub-mkrelpath --grub-mkdevicemap=FILE use FILE as grub-mkdevicemap --grub-probe=FILE use FILE as grub-probe --no-floppy do not probe any floppy drive --allow-floppy Make the drive also bootable as floppy (default for fdX devices). May break on some BIOSes. --recheck probe a device map even if it already exists --force install even if problems are detected --disk-module=MODULE disk module to use INSTALL_DEVICE can be a GRUB device name or a system device filename. grub-install copies GRUB images into /boot/grub, and uses grub-setup to install grub into the boot sector. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
grub-mkconfig(8), grub-mkimage(1), grub-setup(8), grub-mkrescue(1) The full documentation for grub-install is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-install programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-install should give you access to the complete manual. grub-install (GRUB) 1.99-12ubuntu5 October 2011 GRUB-INSTALL(8)