Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find and add a field for an input file Post 302677171 by V1l1h1 on Wednesday 25th of July 2012 03:50:25 PM
Old 07-25-2012
Mead, Thank you.. I have a little bit more understanding now..
Although, Scott didn't use "," in his syntax..

I still need to use Scott's format..
nawk -F, '{$8=substr($8,1+index($8,"_")) OFS $8}1' OFS=, phi_pep.txt > phiPep.txt ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find script with input pattern file

Howdy: I have a file with 140+ file name patterns. Each prefix can have dozens of files with different extension names. e.g. 1-S51 1113-G6V 1117-G6V 1119-G6V 1127-G6V 12XW-AF5W 14-UA8N I need to search in 12 directories, (/data/lgc1/basin_mas to /data/lgc12/basin_mas) for all the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: iguanathompson
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Find Length of a Field in XML File

Hi I have a xml file with below data...have to find the length of the filedvalues... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-15" standalone="no"?><abc xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2000/XMLSchem... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naughty21
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines in text file with certain data in first field

Hi all, Sorry for the title, I was unsure how to word my issue. I'll get right to the issue. In my text file, I need to find all lines with the same data in the first field. Then I need to create a file with the matching lines merged into one. So my original file will look something like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rstev39147
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find top N values for field X based on field Y's value

I want to find the top N entries for a certain field based on the values of another field. For example if N=3, we want the 3 best values for each entry: Entry1 ||| 100 Entry1 ||| 95 Entry1 ||| 30 Entry1 ||| 80 Entry1 ||| 50 Entry2 ||| 40 Entry2 ||| 20 Entry2 ||| 10 Entry2 ||| 50... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FrancoisCN
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find uniq lines in file, using the first field of line

Hello all, new to unix and have just found the forum. I think I will be here quite often, and hope that in time i will be able to provide soem help, role on not being a newbie anymore :) I have a question which iI am hoping someone could help me with. If i have a file with lines in in thus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: grom
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check field formatting of input file?

Hi, I had input file with below data, abcdefghij;20100903040607;1234567891;GLOBAL; Having values of fields with seperated by semi-colon (;) and ended with line feed (\n). Through shell script, how can I check the field formatting? Thanks in advance. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a word in input file

Hi, I had a input file containing, abcdefghij;20100903040607;1234567891;GLOBAL; abc123;20100903040607;12345;09;thestdf; def456;20100903040607;67891;04;bnkim; I need to search word GLOBAL in my file. If it is found then do something else do other thing How can i write if loop for... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace in a directory using an input file

Hi folks, I need help to finish this script please. see below: I have an input file with all the IP address to names formated like so in a txt file addnsr1pri 166.7.3.105 addnsr1sec 166.2.100.22 addnsr2pri 166.2.220.121 addnsr2sec 166.3.68.45... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the position of a field/column in a flat file

Hi, Let say I have a file which has around 400 fields. SampleFile ========= PATIENTID|FACILITY|................|TIME_LAST_VISITED_BY_MD|.....|STATUS| How is it possible to find out which field is TIME_LAST_VISITED_BY_MD?fro example by seeing the above structure we can saw FACILITY... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find pattern in first field of file

Hello all I have two files. 1. Pattern.txt - It contains patterns to be matched. It has large number of patterns to be matched. Cat Pattern.txt Ram Shyam Mohan Jhon I have another file which has actual data and records are delimted by single or multiple spaces. 2.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
8 Replies
Graph::UnionFind(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Graph::UnionFind(3pm)

NAME
Graph::UnionFind - union-find data structures SYNOPSIS
use Graph::UnionFind; my $uf = Graph::UnionFind->new; # Add the vertices to the data structure. $uf->add($u); $uf->add($v); # Join the partitions of the vertices. $uf->union( $u, $v ); # Find the partitions the vertices belong to # in the union-find data structure. If they # are equal, they are in the same partition. # If the vertex has not been seen, # undef is returned. my $pu = $uf->find( $u ); my $pv = $uf->find( $v ); $uf->same($u, $v) # Equal to $pu eq $pv. # Has the union-find seen this vertex? $uf->has( $v ) DESCRIPTION
Union-find is a special data structure that can be used to track the partitioning of a set into subsets (a problem known also as disjoint sets). Graph::UnionFind() is used for Graph::connected_components(), Graph::connected_component(), and Graph::same_connected_components() if you specify a true "union_find" parameter when you create an undirected graph. Note that union-find is one way: you cannot (easily) 'ununion' vertices once you have 'unioned' them. This means that if you delete edges from a "union_find" graph, you will get wrong results from the Graph::connected_components(), Graph::connected_component(), and Graph::same_connected_components(). API add $uf->add($v) Add the vertex v to the union-find. union $uf->union($u, $v) Add the edge u-v to the union-find. Also implicitly adds the vertices. has $uf->has($v) Return true if the vertex v has been added to the union-find, false otherwise. find $uf->find($v) Return the union-find partition the vertex v belongs to, or "undef" if it has not been added. new $uf = Graph::UnionFind->new() The constructor. same $uf->same($u, $v) Return true of the vertices belong to the same union-find partition the vertex v belongs to, false otherwise. AUTHOR AND COPYRIGHT
Jarkko Hietaniemi jhi@iki.fi LICENSE
This module is licensed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2008-11-27 Graph::UnionFind(3pm)