Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script reg-exp , replace , open and write Post 302677103 by Corona688 on Wednesday 25th of July 2012 02:34:15 PM
Old 07-25-2012
Code:
# ocstr3.awk 

# If the code contains @"LBL_....", replace it with C_LBL_... and
# remember the labels for later.
match($0, /@"LBL_[0-9]*\"/) {
        S=$0; P=""

do        # Loop until there's nothing left in the right half
        {
                A[L=substr(S, RSTART+2, RLENGTH-3)]++; # Remember label
                P=P substr(S, 1, RSTART-1) "C_" L;
                S=substr(S, RSTART+RLENGTH);
        }
        while(match(S, /@"LBL_[0-9]*\"/)); # Keep hunting for more labels

$0=P S; # Update the line to be printed
}

# If the filename has changed, close the last file
(F != FILENAME) {
        if(F) close(F);
        F=FILENAME;
}

# If we are given file.pm, print into file.m
{       O=FILENAME;
        sub(/[.]m$/, ".pm", O);
        print > O;      }

END {
        for(L in A) printf("NSString *const C_%s = @\"%s\";\n", L, L);
}

Last edited by Corona688; 07-25-2012 at 03:40 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using reg. exp. variable in AWK??

Any idea please: How to pass a reg. exp. variable to awk call in a shell??? Thank u #!/bin/sh reg_exp=name awk '/reg_exp/{ print; }' $1 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy2000
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

usage...sed/awk/reg-exp ..in shell scripting

in shell scripting there is extensive usage of i> regular expression ii>sed iii>awk can anyone tell me the suitable contexts ...i mean which one is suitable for what kind of operation. like the reg-exp and sed seems to be doing the same job..i.e pattern matching (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mobydick
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg exp question

Hi, Should be a difference between ']]*' and ']+' ? I use them in bash with sed and grep. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ynir
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg exp for sed

$ cat file.txt asd <AA>dev <LL>def <RR>sha This works for me: $ sed -r 's/^ .*<LL>def/\t<LL>my/' file.txt asd <AA>dev <LL>my <RR>sha But, this does not work for me: $ sed -r 's/^\s+<LL>def/\t<LL>my/' file.txt asd ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: demoprog
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract a part of a path like (input: /etc/exp/home/bin ====> output: exp)

Hi, I need to make some extraction . with the following input to get the right output. input: /etc/exp/home/bin ====> output: exp and input: aex1234 ===> output: ex Thanks for your help, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeclota
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl reg exp

Hi, I am using the following piece of code for extracting some data from in between some tags ... $text =~ /<TAG1>(.*)<\/TAG1>.*<TAG2>(.*)<\/TAG2>.*<TAG3>(.*)<\/TAG4>.*<TAG5>(.*)<\/TAG5>/; $tag1=$1; print "\n$tag1"; But I am getting an error like Use of uninitialized value in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl reg-exp

$var1="LEN"; $VAR2="CODLENTT"; now, var2 contains var1(LEN).How do i check this in perl.... whether one string is a part of another..? if (<logic>) { my operation; } what'd be the logic.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_0209
4 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Need Help On REG EXP in unix

Respected All, I have a very big xml in that i want to search only below 3 lines. <target name ="UpgradePrimaryBox" depends ="configureBox1"> <echo> Finished Upgrading Primary Box </echo> </target> grep -i "<target.*UpgradePrimaryBox" this gives me the first line. then i need to match... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ameyrk
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - coloring reg. expressions in text

Hi all, is there anyone good at bash who will help me? I need to use syntax ${string/pattern/replacement} The problematic part where I am stuck is: #!bin/bash text="A cat is on a mat." exp="cat" newexp="SOMECODEcatSOMECODE" newtext=${${text}/${exp}/${newexp}} == > ERROR "wrong... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnnyM77
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use regular exp to replace the character in the file?

Hi Unix Gurus, yesterday I asked a question and got answer, it works fine. I have one more thing need to help in the code awk '{print substr($0,1,3)"xxx"substr($0,7)}' file If I have 50 charactor's need to be replaced, is there any easy way to use reg exp or I have to input 50 XXXXx......... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
12 Replies
MAILQ(1)						      General Commands Manual							  MAILQ(1)

NAME
mailq - print the mail queue SYNOPSIS
mailq [-Ac] [-q...] [-v] DESCRIPTION
Mailq prints a summary of the mail messages queued for future delivery. The first line printed for each message shows the internal identifier used on this host for the message with a possible status character, the size of the message in bytes, the date and time the message was accepted into the queue, and the envelope sender of the message. The second line shows the error message that caused this message to be retained in the queue; it will not be present if the message is being processed for the first time. The status characters are either * to indicate the job is being processed; X to indicate that the load is too high to process the job; and - to indicate that the job is too young to process. The following lines show message recipients, one per line. Mailq is identical to ``sendmail -bp''. The relevant options are as follows: -Ac Show the mail submission queue specified in /etc/mail/submit.cf instead of the MTA queue specified in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf. -qL Show the "lost" items in the mail queue instead of the normal queue items. -qQ Show the quarantined items in the mail queue instead of the normal queue items. -q[!]I substr Limit processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of the queue id or not when ! is specified. -q[!]Q substr Limit processed jobs to quarantined jobs containing substr as a substring of the quarantine reason or not when ! is specified. -q[!]R substr Limit processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of one of the recipients or not when ! is specified. -q[!]S substr Limit processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of the sender or not when ! is specified. -v Print verbose information. This adds the priority of the message and a single character indicator (``+'' or blank) indicating whether a warning message has been sent on the first line of the message. Additionally, extra lines may be intermixed with the recipients indicating the ``controlling user'' information; this shows who will own any programs that are executed on behalf of this message and the name of the alias this command expanded from, if any. Moreover, status messages for each recipient are printed if available. Several sendmail.cf options influence the behavior of the mailq utility: The number of items printed per queue group is restricted by MaxQueueRunSize if that value is set. The status character * is not printed for some values of QueueSortOrder, e.g., filename, random, modification, and none, unless a -q option is used to limit the processed jobs. The mailq utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
sendmail(8) HISTORY
The mailq command appeared in 4.0BSD. $Date: 2013-11-22 20:51:55 $ MAILQ(1)