Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Protocol Jokes (Lame)
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Protocol Jokes (Lame) Post 302676809 by shitson on Wednesday 25th of July 2012 06:40:25 AM

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

lame question

i have one stupid question... so please don't laught at me :-) actually i have linux on my pc, but i want to install a solaris... i heard that solaris is not free, but my friend said that there is a free solaris dostridution in gnu licence... is it real? if yes where can i get it? if no -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgas
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

lame php question

When do PHP variables/objects vanish? Say, I have a database structure in index.php, I called connect(). Then I sent the user another page, say index2.php. Should I create a fresh database structure and call connect() again, or is there a way around this? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rayne
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Another lame 'vi' question......

This is a long shot, but there are many bright folks on here ;) My next vi drama involves a using a prototype file for a makefile. I have an old prototype file but its not in correct format. It's formated as: /the/old/path/file1 <garbage> <garbage> /the/old/path/file2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yinzer955i
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with 'batch conversion using lame' shell script

Hi. I am trying to write an sh script that will: 1. take each wav file in ~/Documents 2. convert each into mp3 format using "lame" encoder 3. save the new mp3 in ~/Documents/newmp3s. It has to follow the 3 steps in this order for each wav file before taking the next file. I tried a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingzy
8 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)