Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Howto add a constant column to the text file Post 302676703 by angel12345 on Wednesday 25th of July 2012 04:24:23 AM
Old 07-25-2012
Cna you please explain me this?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert some constant text at beginig of each line within a text file.

Dear Folks :), I am new to UNIX scripting and I do not know how can I insert some text in the first column of a UNIX text file at command promtp. I can do this in vi editor by using this command :g/^/s//BBB_ e,g I have a file named as Test.dat and it containins below text: michal... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muhammad Afzal
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add new column in Text File

I have one text file which is result of bdf command that have 6 fields separated by space and I want to add one new column in the beginning which is the name of the server because I have to insert whole thing into oracle table consisting of 7 fields THis is not a complete list but it looks... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how I can add a constant to a field without changing the file format

Hi, I need to edit a file Protein Data Bank (pdb) and then open that file with the program VMD but when I edit the file with awk, it changes pdb format and the VMD program can not read it. I need to subtract 34 to field 6 ($ 6). this is a pdb file : ATOM 918 N GLY B 103 -11.855 8.675... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bio_
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to add a constant value to a column in a file using unix command

I have a file like this 1 chr1 3661579 3662579 2 chr1 4350395 4351395 3 chr1 4399322 4400322 4 chr1 4486494 4487494 5 chr1 4775807 4776807 6 chr1 4775807 4776807 7 chr1 4775807 4776807 8 chr1 4796973 4797973 9 chr1 4846774 4847774... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsnow86
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add a new column to a tab delimited text file

I want to add a new column to a tab delimited text file. It will be the first column and it will just be 1's. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to insert text(constant) at the beginning of file

I am very new to scripting and I know this request is simple but I am having no luck with it. I have a file a.dat with the following data in it. aa bb cc dd I need to run a script that will take each line of a.dat and put dsjc/ubin/ in front of each record, so the output looks like ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add a column of 0's to a text file

Hi, I have a text file with many column (1,000,000+). I want to add a column of 0's as the third column. I tried: awk '{$3=0}1' input file > output file But it simply replaces the third column with 0's instead of adding a new column. How do I go about doing this? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies
EDOS-RPMCHECK(1)					      General Commands Manual						  EDOS-RPMCHECK(1)

NAME
Edos-pscheck - Check satisfiability of pkgsrc package dependencies SYNOPSIS
edos-pscheck [option] ... pkg-summary-file DESCRIPTION
edos-pscheck reads package descriptions from a file in the pkg_summary format of NetBSD. We say that a package is identified by the pair consisting of the package name and of the package version. A package (called goal) is called installable with respect to a set of packages if there exists a subset of the packages that - contains at most one version for each package name - contains the goal package (in any version, or a specific version) - all packages of the subset have their dependencies and conflicts satisfied in this subset. Edos-psmcheck checks whether every package in the set is installable with respect to the input set of packages. Specific versions can be specified by following the package name with the sign '=' and the version of the package (for instance, 'xemacs21=21.4.17-1'). If no pack- age name is given as argument then all packages of the input set are checked for satisfiability. The constraint solving algorithm is complete, that is it finds a solution whenever there exists one, even for multiple disjunctive depen- dencies and deep package conflicts. This problem is computationally infeasible in theory (that is, NP-complete), but can in practice be solved very efficiently. OPTIONS
-explain Explain the results -rules Print generated rules -failures Only show failures -successes Only show successes -base file Specifiy an additional file providing packages that are not checked but used for resolving dependencies -quiet Supress warnings and progress/timing messages -xml Output results in XML format -help, --help Display this list of options EXAMPLE
Check which packages in a particular distribution are not installable and why: edos-pscheck -failures -explain pkg_summary where pkg_summary is the file pertaining to that distribution. AUTHOR
Edos-pscheck has been written by Jerome Vouillon and Jaap Boender for the EDOS and Mancoosi projects. This man-page has been compiled by Ralf Treinen. SEE ALSO
<http://www.edos-project.org> is the home page of the EDOS project. edos-debcheck(1) and edos-rpmcheck(1) are the analogous tool for debian and rpm packages. EDOS
2009-05-25 EDOS-RPMCHECK(1)