Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCP File Transfer
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users SCP File Transfer Post 302676599 by Pash on Wednesday 25th of July 2012 01:34:32 AM
Old 07-25-2012
I agree with you Ranga...that CP command can be used...

But am executing my script( having scp command) through a program (ABAP code), also same script is used for transferring file to other server.

Also one thing when i manually execute SCP command, am able to transfer file within the server....

Before SCP, we were using RCP command which was working fine...i.e
transferring within server and transferring to other server successfully

Hence thought SCP should work in same fashion

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP file transfer command on solaris

I need to transfer multiple files using SCP between two solaris machines. Can somebody explain how to achieve that ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthum
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX - SCP File Transfer

Hi, How do i know if the files are transferred succesfully when i use SCP to transfer files between 2 servers. One more is i am trying to send all the files in a single shot by using * to save the connection time. So can i know when the scp breakes in the middle scp $sourcepath/*... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transfer using scp..

Hi Frdz I have a problem like. I need to transfer a file from source to destination (different systems with different IPs) using "scp" command and before transfer the file i have to check the file is available in destination or not, if it is there no need to transfer, otherwise we have to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File transfer using SCP

I have a shell script which uses SCP command to transfer the files from one server to another server. The files are getting transferred successfully, but the problem is the files transferred to the destination server didnot have the permissions as that of the files on the source server. Command... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarm
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp command for multiple file transfer.

FILE_LIST="{a.txt,b.txt,cal*}" scp -r $..$REMOTE_PATH$FILE_LIST $LOCAL_PATH This script passes only when all the three files are transfere, wat if only two file are transfered, but still I was to make the return code as pass. is it possible. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangea
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp command for file transfer

I am not able to throw a file from server173 to server067 i.e. wlsuser@server173> scp /tmp/harsha.txt wlsuser@server067:/tmp fails However, I am able to pull a file from server173 onto server067's /tmp dir wlsuser@server067> scp wlsuser@server173:/tmp/harsha.txt /tmp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCP - File transfer message

Whenever I transfer file through SCP between two server it gives below given message.....Is there a way to avoid it.... Target server : newyork $ scp ABC27801.iue newyork:./iABC/x0017801.iue Message ===== This system is for the use of authorized users only. Individuals using this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pash
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCP File Transfer

I have 3 AIX server namely - Server 1 , Server 2 and Server 3. And have done SCP setup between Server 1 and Server 2 so that i dont have to give password when i transfer file from Server 1 to Server 2 by setting public key between the server. Q1. If the unix password of the target server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pash
3 Replies

9. AIX

Problem using scp to transfer a file

I am testing the following command to transfer a file from my server (AIX 5.2) to another server. I was able to generate the keys and sent them the public key. scp -v -P 4030 /home/lawson/.ssh/jimtest.txt someuser@some.ftpsite.net:/Inbound/jimtest.txt > jimtest_out.txt 2>&1 Based on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Partial File Transfer using scp

I am trying to transfer a zip file of around 30 MB in my automation script using scp from system A to B. When I manually do scp, file is complete transferred but when automation shell script runs it, zip file is not completely transferred. Stack Trace while doing manual : Executing:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies
gdcmscu(1)							       GDCM								gdcmscu(1)

NAME
gdcmscu - Tool to execute a DICOM Query/Retrieve operation SYNOPSIS
gdcmscu [OPTION]...[OPERATION]...HOSTNAME...[PORT]... Execute a DICOM Q/R operation to HOSTNAME, using port PORT (104 when not specified) DESCRIPTION
The gdcmscu command line program is the tool to execute DICOM Query/Retrieve operation. It supports: o C-ECHO (SCU) o C-FIND (SCU) o C-STORE (SCU) o C-MOVE (SCU/SCP) C-MOVE operation are executed using two different ports (one for the SCU and one for the SCP). PARAMETERS
options options -H --hostname Hostname. -p --port Port number. --aetitle Set calling AE Title. --call Set called AE Title. mode options --echo C-ECHO (default when none). --store C-STORE. --find C-FIND. --move C-MOVE. C-STORE options -i --input DICOM filename -r --recursive recursively process (sub-)directories --store-query Store constructed query in file C-FIND/C-MOVE options --patientroot C-FIND Patient Root Model. --studyroot C-FIND Study Root Model. --patient C-FIND Query on Patient Info (cannot be used with --studyroot). --study C-FIND Query on Study Info. --series C-FIND Query on Series Info. --image C-FIND Query on Image Info. --key 0123,4567=VALUE for specifying search criteria (wildcard allowed) With --key, leave blank (ie, --key 10,10="") to retrieve values C-MOVE options -o --output DICOM filename / directory --port-scp Port for incoming associations --key 0123,4567=VALUE for specifying search criteria (wildcard not allowed) Note that C-MOVE supports the same queries as C-FIND, but no wildcards are allowed general options -h --help print this help text and exit -v --version print version information and exit -V --verbose verbose mode (warning+error). -W --warning warning mode, print warning information -E --error error mode, print error information -D --debug debug mode, print debug information --queryhelp print query help environment variable GDCM_ROOT_UID Root UID C-ECHO usage gdcmscu is a great tool to test if a DICOM server is up. For example to send a C-ECHO to server dicom.example.com using port 104, use: $ gdcmscu dicom.example.com or if you prefer being explicit: $ gdcmscu --echo dicom.example.com 104 Using basic security your DICOM server might require that you set the appropriate called AE-TITLE $ gdcmscu --echo dicom.example.com 11112 --call SERVSCP If you want to specifiy your own AE-TITLE (default is GDCMSCU), simply use: $ gdcmscu --echo dicom.example.com 11112 --call SERVSCP --aetitle MYSCU For example you could test on the DICOM server provided by DICOMObject team: $ gdcmscu www.dicomserver.co.uk 11112 C-STORE usage C-STORE is the operation that allow sending a DICOM file to a remote DICOM server. For instance to send a file called myfile.dcm $ gdcmscu --store dicom.example.com 104 myfile.dcm or if you prefer being explicit: $ gdcmscu --store dicom.example.com 104 -i myfile.dcm You can even send multiple files using the same association: $ gdcmscu --store dicom.example.com 104 myfile1.dcm myfile2.dcm myfile3.dcm ... C-FIND usage gdcmscu also allow querying a DICOM server. This is the C-FIND operation, for example to find all DICOM Instance where PatientsName match a particular pattern, usage is simply: $ gdcmscu --find --patient dicom.example.com 11112 --patientroot --key 10,10,"A*" We also support a DCMTK compatible convention: $ gdcmscu --find --patient dicom.example.com 11112 --patientroot --key 10,10="A*" When an attribute is set without a value it will be part of the output result: $ gdcmscu --find --patient dicom.example.com 11112 --call MI2B2 --patientroot -k 10,10="A*" -k 10,20 C-MOVE usage C-MOVE is the operation to retrieve a DICOM instance from a remote DICOM server. Most of the time, it is a subsequent operation after a C- FIND query. To retrieve a DICOM instance where PatientID is ABCD1234, simply execute: $ gdcmscu --move --patient --aetitle ACME1 --call ACME_STORE dicom.example.com 5678 --patientroot -k 10,20="ABCD1234" --port-scp 1234 WARNING For this operation to work you need information from the DICOM server you are communicating with. Only the DICOM server you are sending a C-MOVE query will be reponsible for sending back incoming associations (the actual C-STORE SCP). Therefore you need to make sure that you mapping of (AE-TITLE,PortNumber) is properly set on the DICOM server side as well as the port for incoming association (--port- scp). gdcmscu does not currently support external C-STORE association (C-STORE request sent to an external SCP application). patientroot notes The flag --patientroot is just simply a wrapper around the syntax --key 8,52=PATIENT For instance one would write using DCMTK syntax: findscu --patient dicom.example.com 11112 --key 8,52=PATIENT --key 10,10="F*" This would become using GDCM syntax: $ gdcmscu --find --patient dicom.example.com 11112 --patientroot --key 10,10="F*" Debugging This is sometime difficult to investigate why a connection to a remote DICOM server cannot be done. Some recommendations follows: Always try to do a simple C-ECHO at first. If you cannot get the C-ECHO to work none of the other operations will work Before trying to a C-MOVE operation, make sure you can execute the C-FIND equivalent query first. When doing a C-MOVE operation you really need to communicate with the PACS admin as the C-MOVE operation is different from the other lower level operation such as HTTP/GET. When doing a C-MOVE, the server will communicate back using another chanel (could be different port) using it's internal database to map an AE-TITLE back to the destination IP. Indeed the C-MOVE operation by design does not always use your incoming IP adress to send back the resulting dataset. Instead it uses a mapping of AE-TITLE to IP adress to send back any results. So pay particular attention to the spelling of your AE-TITLE and your incoming port (which may be different from the port to connect to the server). Port Warning Watch out that port ranging [1-1024] are reserved for admin and not easily accessible unless granted special priviliges. Therefore the default 104 DICOM port might be accessible to all your users. C-STORE Warnings When constructing a C-STORE operation, gdcmscu will always use the Media Storage as found in the file to be sent. For encapsulated DICOM file (eg. RLE Lossless) the receiving SCP server might not support this compression and will legitemely refuse the C-STORE operation. In this case users have to manually convert to a non-compressed form this particular file: $ gdcmconv --raw compressed.dcm non_compressed.dcm C-MOVE Warnings At the moment gdcmscu only supports non-compressed transfer syntax. It will always request DataSet using Implicit VR Little Endian Transfer Syntax during a C-MOVE operation. C-FIND IMAGE level (Composite Object Instance) One should pay attention that gdcmscu --find and findscu are not completely equivalent. Using gdcmscu --find, all Unique Keys will be added automatically. One can therefore execute something like this: $ gdcmscu --find --patientroot --image --key 8,18=1.2.3.4.5.6 dicom.example.com 11112 instead of the more explicit form $ gdcmscu --find --patientroot --image --key 8,18=1.2.3.4.5.6 dicom.example.com 11112 --key 10,20 --key 20,d --key 20,e This would also be equivalent to: $ findscu --patient --key 8,52=IMAGE --key 8,18=1.2.3.4.5.6 dicom.example.com 11112 --key 10,20 --key 20,d --key 20,e Storing the Query It is also possible to store the query: gdcmscu --find --patient --patientroot dicom.example.com 11112 --key 10,20="*" --key 10,10 --store-query query.dcm One can then check the DataSet values send for the query: $ gdcmdump query.dcm # Dicom-File-Format # Dicom-Meta-Information-Header # Used TransferSyntax: # Dicom-Data-Set # Used TransferSyntax: 1.2.840.10008.1.2 (0008,0005) ?? (CS) [ISO_IR 192] # 10,1-n Specific Character Set (0008,0052) ?? (CS) [PATIENT ] # 8,1 Query/Retrieve Level (0010,0010) ?? (PN) (no value) # 0,1 Patient's Name (0010,0020) ?? (LO) [* ] # 2,1 Patient ID The Specific Character Set was set to 'ISO_IR 192' as the locale encoding of the system was found automatically by gdcmscu to be UTF-8. This means that the following command line will properly setup the Query with the appropriate Charset to be executed correctly: $ gdcmscu --find --patient --patientroot dicom.example.com 11112 --key 10,10="*Jerome*" the query is always executed on the server side (SCP), some implementations does not support string matching with different Character Set. SEE ALSO
gdcmconv(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright Insight Software Consortium Version 2.2.0 Tue Feb 5 2013 gdcmscu(1)