Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCP File Transfer
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users SCP File Transfer Post 302676583 by Pash on Wednesday 25th of July 2012 12:47:23 AM
Old 07-25-2012
SCP File Transfer

On unix AIX server, when I am trying to transfer file from one directory to another directory on the same server through a program(where i call the script) it gives error "Lost Connection".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP file transfer command on solaris

I need to transfer multiple files using SCP between two solaris machines. Can somebody explain how to achieve that ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthum
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX - SCP File Transfer

Hi, How do i know if the files are transferred succesfully when i use SCP to transfer files between 2 servers. One more is i am trying to send all the files in a single shot by using * to save the connection time. So can i know when the scp breakes in the middle scp $sourcepath/*... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transfer using scp..

Hi Frdz I have a problem like. I need to transfer a file from source to destination (different systems with different IPs) using "scp" command and before transfer the file i have to check the file is available in destination or not, if it is there no need to transfer, otherwise we have to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File transfer using SCP

I have a shell script which uses SCP command to transfer the files from one server to another server. The files are getting transferred successfully, but the problem is the files transferred to the destination server didnot have the permissions as that of the files on the source server. Command... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarm
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp command for multiple file transfer.

FILE_LIST="{a.txt,b.txt,cal*}" scp -r $..$REMOTE_PATH$FILE_LIST $LOCAL_PATH This script passes only when all the three files are transfere, wat if only two file are transfered, but still I was to make the return code as pass. is it possible. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangea
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp command for file transfer

I am not able to throw a file from server173 to server067 i.e. wlsuser@server173> scp /tmp/harsha.txt wlsuser@server067:/tmp fails However, I am able to pull a file from server173 onto server067's /tmp dir wlsuser@server067> scp wlsuser@server173:/tmp/harsha.txt /tmp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCP - File transfer message

Whenever I transfer file through SCP between two server it gives below given message.....Is there a way to avoid it.... Target server : newyork $ scp ABC27801.iue newyork:./iABC/x0017801.iue Message ===== This system is for the use of authorized users only. Individuals using this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pash
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCP File Transfer

I have 3 AIX server namely - Server 1 , Server 2 and Server 3. And have done SCP setup between Server 1 and Server 2 so that i dont have to give password when i transfer file from Server 1 to Server 2 by setting public key between the server. Q1. If the unix password of the target server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pash
3 Replies

9. AIX

Problem using scp to transfer a file

I am testing the following command to transfer a file from my server (AIX 5.2) to another server. I was able to generate the keys and sent them the public key. scp -v -P 4030 /home/lawson/.ssh/jimtest.txt someuser@some.ftpsite.net:/Inbound/jimtest.txt > jimtest_out.txt 2>&1 Based on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Partial File Transfer using scp

I am trying to transfer a zip file of around 30 MB in my automation script using scp from system A to B. When I manually do scp, file is complete transferred but when automation shell script runs it, zip file is not completely transferred. Stack Trace while doing manual : Executing:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies
in.tftpd(1M)															      in.tftpd(1M)

NAME
in.tftpd, tftpd - Internet Trivial File Transfer Protocol server SYNOPSIS
in.tftpd [-s] [homedir] tftpd is a server that supports the Internet Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP). Before responding to a request, the server attempts to change its current directory to homedir; the default directory is /tftpboot. The use of tftp does not require an account or password on the remote system. Due to the lack of authentication information, in.tftpd will allow only publicly readable files to be accessed. Files may be written only if they already exist and are publicly writable. Note that this extends the concept of "public" to include all users on all hosts that can be reached through the network. This may not be appropriate on all systems, and its implications should be considered before enabling this service. in.tftpd runs with the user ID and group ID set to [GU]ID_NOBODY under the assumption that no files exist with that owner or group. How- ever, nothing checks this assumption or enforces this restriction. -d Debug. When specified it sets the SO_DEBUG socket option. -s Secure. When specified, the directory change to homedir must succeed. The daemon also changes its root directory to homedir. The in.tftpd server is IPv6-enabled. See ip6(7P). See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWtftp | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ svcs(1), tftp(1), inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), svcadm(1M), netconfig(4), attributes(5), smf(5), ip6(7P) Malkin, G. and Harkin, A. RFC 2347, TFTP Option Extension. The Internet Society. May 1998 Malkin, G. and Harkin, A. RFC 2348, TFTP Blocksize Option. The Internet Society. May 1998 Malkin, G. and Harkin, A. RFC 2349, TFTP Timeout Interval and Transfer Size Options. The Internet Society. May 1998 Sollins, K.R. RFC 1350, The TFTP Protocol (Revision 2). Network Working Group. July 1992. The tftpd server only acknowledges the transfer size option that is sent with a read request when the octet transfer mode is specified. The in.tftpd.1m service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/tftp/udp6:default Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). Responsibil- ity for initiating and restarting this service is delegated to inetd(1M). Use inetadm(1M) to make configuration changes and to view config- uration information for this service. The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. Unlike most smf(5) services, a manifest for the tftp service is not included in the system. To create one and enable this service, the administrator should: 1. Edit /etc/inet/inetd.conf and uncomment the tftp entry. 2. Run /usr/sbin/inetconv. After you run inetconv, the svc:/network/tftp/udp6:default service is created and enabled. 8 Mar 2005 in.tftpd(1M)