Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: remove bad records.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove bad records. Post 302676581 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 25th of July 2012 12:40:12 AM
Old 07-25-2012
You can also use:

Code:
grep -Ev "^MCM|\\$|\\#|\\@" file_name > file_fixed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with bad records

I have a data file with around 1 million records and i have 12 data fileds in each record seperated by 11 pipes. The file also has some bad records where there is only one pipe in some of the records. I want to print all this records with only one pipe in them. These bad records are broken... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing bad records from a text file

Hi, I have an requirement where i need to remove few bad records(bad records I mean email id's are part of the 1st field, where a numeric value expected) from the text file delimited by ",". file1.txt --------- 1234,,DAVID,MAX abc@email.com,,JOHN,SMITH 234,,ROBERT,SEN I need to remove... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen_sangam
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Duplicate Records

Hi frinds, Need your help. item , color ,desc ==== ======= ==== 1,red ,abc 1,red , a b c 2,blue,x 3,black,y 4,brown,xv 4,brown,x v 4,brown, x v I have to elemnet the duplicate rows on the basis of item. the final out put will be 1,red ,abc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: imipsita.rath
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove particular records from a file???

I need to remove header(H) and trailer(T) from a file keeping other records as such. The source file will look as below I have to remove H|20120203_000500|20120203_000500 and T| 10111246 from the above file. Please let me know how to do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: siteregsam
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove records which have 2 same fields

how can i remove records which have 2 same fields? my file: saeed 1 2 sa vahid 2 3 45 reza 212 33 sa amir 1 1 ui reza 21 33 sa i want to remove records which first and 3rd field of that are as the same, here line 3 and 5 must be removed. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saeed.soltani
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to remove certain records off a file.

New to unix. I have a couple files of 5 million records. I have a key field on those records. I have about 300 keys that I need to remove off the file, and I don't want to write a program to do it. I have used grep -v in the past and that works great for a few records, but I can't see myself... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script remove bad character

I was curious to know how to write into my shell script to remove a character. The character I want to remove is  within a .html file. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: graphicsman
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove bad records from file and move them into a file then send those via email

Hi my requirement is that i want pull the bad records from input file and move those records in to a seperate file. that file has to be sent via email.. any suggentions please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sxk4999
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Bad exchange descriptor : not able to remove files under zpool

Hi , One of my zone went down and when i booted it up i could see the pool in degraded state with some check sum errors . we have brought the pool online after scrubbing. But few files are showing this error Bad exchange descriptor Please let me know how to remove these files (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate records

Hi, i am working on a script that would remove records or lines in a flat file. The only difference in the file is the "NOT NULL" word. Please see below example of the input file. INPUT FILE:> CREATE a ( TRIAL_CLIENT NOT NULL VARCHAR2(60), TRIAL_FUND NOT NULL... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
3 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)