Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: curl misbehaving
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting curl misbehaving Post 302676559 by jacobs.smith on Tuesday 24th of July 2012 10:43:13 PM
Old 07-24-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by alister
The for-loop is running curl once per word in the file, not once per line. This approach cannot be made to work (at least not without some IFS gymnastics). If you quote the cat command substitution, to prevent the word splitting, the file's entire contents are passed to curl at once.

<dejavu>A while-loop could do it.</dejavu>

Regards,
Alister
Can u help me with the while loop?

Thanks for your suggestion, though

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

curl

Aren't there any way to download files as below? For example, I want to download all .html files under the root directory of unix.com/ curl -O https://www.unix.com/*.html This won't work, but please tell me the way to do this. Well, the best way is to get the file list of the directory, but i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Euler04
6 Replies

2. AIX

use of curl

Hi guys , need some help I have to transfer a file from my aix box to another server using ftps protocol, how can i achieve this using curl preferably or any other utility. Thanks Sandeep (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayawantsandeep
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

use of curl

I have to transfer a file from my aix box to another server using ftps protocol, how can i achieve this using curl preferably or any other utility. Regards Sandeep (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayawantsandeep
0 Replies

4. Web Development

Finding which firefox thread is misbehaving

Hello, I am trying to find out how to determine which firefox thread is connected to what site. Using: top -H shows the threads but not what they are connected to. The purpose of this is that some sites run nasty cpu eating programs and trying to figure out which ones. Thanks, mgb (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgb
1 Replies

5. Programming

cURL and cgi

I have a CGI application done in c++ that communicates with PayPal. I've had an issue where the application dies when I try to perform a cURL operation. Upon further inspection it seems that I can run cURL examples from the command line. Upon even further inspection it seems that I can run... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tatebn
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using curl in a script

Hello everyone I'm currently using a script to upload files (different file names, but same date) to an ftp server (see below) #!/bin/sh # Set the variables HOST=<host> USER=<user> PASSWD=<password> ftp -i -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT user ${USER} ${PASSWD} mput... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using curl in commandline

Hi, I am using curl to hit a url using http in solaris 10 using commandline, I want to transfer an attachment(using multipart curl -F) also as a part of the request. If anyone has used kindly help me with the syntax. I am using below command: /usr/local/bin/curl -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manishmaha
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic cURL help!

hi!! this is my first post!! our university student search has this form which uses POST method(the website is swd.bits-goa.ac.in/searchform1)..now i tried sending post data from cURL... curl -o this.html --data "name=rohan&id=&hostel=&room=&branch=&search=Search"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: slotlocker
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with cURL

Hi all; first of all i need to clarify that i am new to apache2 server configuration and for some needs i want to transfer some files using curl to web directory,so please bear with me: following is the command i m running to transfer file to my web directory: curl -T "q"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arien001
4 Replies

10. SCO

Curl error

Hello I want to use the Curl and gives me this error. Can someone help me out # curl http : // www .google . es dynamic linker: curl: binder error: symbol not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fersys
3 Replies
break(1)							   User Commands							  break(1)

NAME
break, continue - shell built-in functions to escape from or advance within a controlling while, for, foreach, or until loop SYNOPSIS
sh break [n] continue [n] csh break continue ksh *break [n] *continue [n] DESCRIPTION
sh The break utility exits from the enclosing for or while loop, if any. If n is specified, break n levels. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosing for or while loop. If n is specified, resume at the n-th enclosing loop. csh The break utility resumes execution after the end of the nearest enclosing foreach or while loop. The remaining commands on the current line are executed. This allows multilevel breaks to be written as a list of break commands, all on one line. The continue utility continues execution of the next iteration of the nearest enclosing while or foreach loop. ksh The break utility exits from the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop, if any. If n is specified, then break n levels. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be exited. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop. If n is specified then resume at the n- th enclosed loop. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be used. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words that follow a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign, and also that word splitting and file name genera- tion are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), exit(1), ksh(1), sh( 1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Jul 2002 break(1)