Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Can't figure out why this repeats Post 302676391 by gull04 on Tuesday 24th of July 2012 01:21:20 PM
Old 07-24-2012
H,

Try it this way;

Code:
echo "$address,$port,$number,$answer" | tee -a $log >> /var/tmp/results.txt

But you will have to declare the $log variable.

Regards

Dave

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for repeats in text file - how?

I have a text file that I want to search for repeated lines and print those lines. These would be lines in the file that appear more than once. Is there a way to do this? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarondesk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cant figure out this..

Hi, I need a little help here. I am exporting user info from a PSQL database and everything is working with the exception of this: 10029008:dsAuthMethodStandard\:dsAuthClearText:classword:10029008:2004:10029008:10029008:/home/student/1002/90/08:10029008 It is putting a colon right before the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stud33
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk repeats counter

if I wanted to know if the word DOG(followed by several random numbers) appears in col 1, how many times will that same word DOG* appeared in col 2? This is a very large file Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: verse123
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed behaving oddly, repeats lines

Hi, all. Here's the problem: sed '/FOO/,/BAR/p' That should print anything between FOO and BAR, right? Well, let's say I have file.txt that contains just one line "how are you today?". Then I run something like the above and get: $ sed '/how/,/today/p' file.txt how are you... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pereyrax
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove brackets repeats and separate in columns

Hi all, I want to remove the remove bracket sign ( ) and put in the separate column I also want to remove the repeated entry like in first row in below input (PA156) is repeated ESR1 (PA156) leflunomide (PA450192) (PA156) leflunomide (PA450192) CHST3 (PA26503) docetaxel... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a large file for short tandem repeats

Hello, I am searching large (~25gb) DNA sequence data in fasta short read format: >ReadName ACGTACGTACGT... for short tandem repeats, meaning instances of any 2-6 character based run that are repeated in tandem a number of times given as an input variable. Seems like a reasonably simple... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ljk
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with change significant figure to normal figure command

Hi, Below is my input file: Long list of significant figure 1.757E-4 7.51E-3 5.634E-5 . . . Desired output file: 0.0001757 0.00751 0.00005634 . . . (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to rename files repeats previous filename in directory

In the below bash processes substitution, if there are 3 files in a directory /home/cmccabe/medex.logs/analysis.log, the filename variable is set to where these files are located. The code does execute, the problem is that if there is a renamed file in the output directory below, it gets... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
pure-statsdecode(8)						     Pure-FTPd						       pure-statsdecode(8)

NAME
pure-statsdecode - Show human-readable dates from a "stats" logfile SYNTAX
pure-statsdecode filename pure-statsdecode - DESCRIPTION
This program decodes Pure-FTPd's "stats" log files and converts timestamps into human-readable dates. OPTIONS
- means to read the standard input. filename is a log file produced with pure-ftpd -O ftpstats:/path/to/logfile EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: pure-statsdecode /var/log/pureftpd.log > /tmp/pureftpd.humanlog Alternativly you can run it as: cat /var/log/pureftpd.log | pure-statsdecode - | gzip --best > /tmp/pureftpd.humanlog.gz AUTHORS
Frank DENIS <j at pureftpd dot org> SEE ALSO
ftp(1), pure-ftpd(8) pure-ftpwho(8) pure-mrtginfo(8) pure-uploadscript(8) pure-statsdecode(8) pure-pw(8) pure-quotacheck(8) pure-authd(8) RFC 959, RFC 2228, RFC 2389 and RFC 2428. Pure-FTPd team 1.0.36 pure-statsdecode(8)