Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find with in loops and then difference Post 302676355 by methyl on Tuesday 24th of July 2012 12:43:11 PM
Old 07-24-2012
Quote:
I need to search for prence of thsi file in each sub directory and then compare it with subsequent test file.
By "subsequent" do you mean corresponding?
This User Gave Thanks to methyl For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between locate and find

I was wondering what the difference was between the two commands, I understand that locate won't search for files with certain permissions set. Are there any others? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: camerja1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find command loops in a sun Solaris 8 cluster

It has happended twice the past 3 months. The find command which is the standard part of unix accounting script "dodisk", which searches directories to find out how much disk space a user has used. On a particular cluster of 6 servers, several file systems, the find command has twice used all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottman
2 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

to find difference between two files

I have a file which gets appended with records daily..for eg. 1st day of the month i get 9 records ,2nd day 9 records .....till the last day in the month...the no of records may vary...i store the previous days file in a variable oldfile=PATH/previousdaysfile....i store the current days file in a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh_248
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find difference in two files

Hola, Tengo un texto texto1.txt con el siguiente contenido: Malaga Cadiz Sevilla Hola Y otro .txt texto2.txt con: Malaga Cadiz Sevilla Cordoba Huelva quiero obtener en otro .txt la diferencia entre estos dos archivos: (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: danietepa
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find difference between two files

I have two files as below File1: a b c d File2: a b When i find the difference the output would be c&d.. How can i get my requirement...pls help... Many thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadish_gaddam
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find difference between 2 files

I have 2 files as follows. file1.txt <cell>123</cell> <cell>345</cell> file2.txt <cell>123</cell> <cell>456</cell> out out should be output.txt <cell>456></cell> How do we achieve this> The difference betwenn the two files should be wirtten to the output file.. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanthrajgowda
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find difference between two files on a whole

Hi, The requirement is to compare two files that has single column of records each. Comparison is to happen on a whole and not line by line. File1.txt 314589929 315611087 304924413 315989094 301171509 302984393 315609549 314593632 File2.txt 315611087 304924413 315989094 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandek
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find time difference

I have a file wich contains time formats and i need to get the time difference TIME1 TIME2 =============== =================== 20120624192555.6Z 20120624204006.5Z which means first date 2012/6/24 19:25:55,second date 2012/6/24 20:40:06 so when i get the time... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: wnaguib
23 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find Difference

Hi Friends, I need to find the difference between two files , File_1 contained 4 columns, and File_2 contained 4 columns, I need to find the difference using 1st column, Or need to find the difference using 3st column, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shenbaga.d
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between WHILE and FOR loops

This might be a simple question, but I can't find the answer out there anywhere. I'm trying to write a loop to SSH to a server for me to then copy/paste some commands in. Once I'm done, I type 'exit' and the loop should then automatically SSH to the next server in line. The 'dbs_group' file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mccmjc
6 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)