Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Fun things to put in comments in scripts? Post 302676347 by zaxxon on Tuesday 24th of July 2012 12:19:30 PM
Old 07-24-2012
Good point, moving it.
This User Gave Thanks to zaxxon For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where to put shell scripts?

This could be a really dumb question, but for a newbie trying to learn, some help would be appreciated. When you write a shell script, what extension should it have, and more importantly, where do you put it???? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ober5861
7 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Fun with FreeBSD

Fun With Automounting on FreeBSD Link: Nice tips for FreeBSD Unix. http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200202/automounting.html (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

place to put statup scripts?

I have written a script to start websphere server, I dont know where to put the file in the OS . please put me the place to put the starup scripts in linux, solaris and AIX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaramanit
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to put the comments to 50 lines, using vi editor?

Hi All, Please let me know how I can put a comment (e.g // or #) to more than 50 lines using vi editor in a .cpp/.sh file. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: artikulkarni
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

fun scripts

Lets get a list of everyones funny scripts (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamieMurry
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fun with awk

uggc://ra.jvxvcrqvn.bet/jvxv/EBG13 #!/usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { for (n=0;n<26;n++) { x=sprintf("%c",n+65); y=sprintf("%c",(n+13)%26+65) r=y; r=tolower(y) } } { b = "" for (n=1; x=substr($0,n,1); n++) b = b ((y=r)?y:x) print b } ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

More fun with awk

#!/usr/bin/ksh ls -l $@ | awk ' /^-/ { l = 5*log($5) h = sprintf("%7d %-72s",$5,$8) print "\x1B ls command with histogram of file sizes. The histogram scale is logaritmic, to avoid very short bars for smaller files or very long bars for bigger files. Screenshot: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed script, changing all C-comments to C++-comments

I must write a script to change all C++ like comments: // this is a comment to this one /* this is a comment */ How to do it by sed? With file: #include <cstdio> using namespace std; //one // two int main() { printf("Example"); // three }//four the result should be: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_hawk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

New to Shell scripts and where do you put them

Hey all, I'm trying to setup an external XML feed for my site and I've received a script to make it all possible. This script places the feed in the MySQL datbasa and can remove the previous feed. Because I am new to this I would like to ask a simple question. Could somebody tell me where do I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisdegrote
3 Replies
PPI::Token::Comment(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    PPI::Token::Comment(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::Comment - A comment in Perl source code INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Comment isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element SYNOPSIS
# This is a PPI::Token::Comment print "Hello World!"; # So it this $string =~ s/ foo # This, unfortunately, is not :( bar /w; DESCRIPTION
In PPI, comments are represented by "PPI::Token::Comment" objects. These come in two flavours, line comment and inline comments. A "line comment" is a comment that stands on its own line. These comments hold their own newline and whitespace (both leading and trailing) as part of the one "PPI::Token::Comment" object. An inline comment is a comment that appears after some code, and continues to the end of the line. This does not include whitespace, and the terminating newlines is considered a separate PPI::Token::Whitespace token. This is largely a convenience, simplifying a lot of normal code relating to the common things people do with comments. Most commonly, it means when you "prune" or "delete" a comment, a line comment disappears taking the entire line with it, and an inline comment is removed from the inside of the line, allowing the newline to drop back onto the end of the code, as you would expect. It also means you can move comments around in blocks much more easily. For now, this is a suitably handy way to do things. However, I do reserve the right to change my mind on this one if it gets dangerously anachronistic somewhere down the line. METHODS
Only very limited methods are available, beyond those provided by our parent PPI::Token and PPI::Element classes. line The "line" accessor returns true if the "PPI::Token::Comment" is a line comment, or false if it is an inline comment. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Token::Comment(3)