Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Fun things to put in comments in scripts? Post 302676347 by zaxxon on Tuesday 24th of July 2012 12:19:30 PM
Old 07-24-2012
Good point, moving it.
This User Gave Thanks to zaxxon For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where to put shell scripts?

This could be a really dumb question, but for a newbie trying to learn, some help would be appreciated. When you write a shell script, what extension should it have, and more importantly, where do you put it???? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ober5861
7 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Fun with FreeBSD

Fun With Automounting on FreeBSD Link: Nice tips for FreeBSD Unix. http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200202/automounting.html (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

place to put statup scripts?

I have written a script to start websphere server, I dont know where to put the file in the OS . please put me the place to put the starup scripts in linux, solaris and AIX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaramanit
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to put the comments to 50 lines, using vi editor?

Hi All, Please let me know how I can put a comment (e.g // or #) to more than 50 lines using vi editor in a .cpp/.sh file. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: artikulkarni
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

fun scripts

Lets get a list of everyones funny scripts (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamieMurry
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fun with awk

uggc://ra.jvxvcrqvn.bet/jvxv/EBG13 #!/usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { for (n=0;n<26;n++) { x=sprintf("%c",n+65); y=sprintf("%c",(n+13)%26+65) r=y; r=tolower(y) } } { b = "" for (n=1; x=substr($0,n,1); n++) b = b ((y=r)?y:x) print b } ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

More fun with awk

#!/usr/bin/ksh ls -l $@ | awk ' /^-/ { l = 5*log($5) h = sprintf("%7d %-72s",$5,$8) print "\x1B ls command with histogram of file sizes. The histogram scale is logaritmic, to avoid very short bars for smaller files or very long bars for bigger files. Screenshot: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed script, changing all C-comments to C++-comments

I must write a script to change all C++ like comments: // this is a comment to this one /* this is a comment */ How to do it by sed? With file: #include <cstdio> using namespace std; //one // two int main() { printf("Example"); // three }//four the result should be: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_hawk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

New to Shell scripts and where do you put them

Hey all, I'm trying to setup an external XML feed for my site and I've received a script to make it all possible. This script places the feed in the MySQL datbasa and can remove the previous feed. Because I am new to this I would like to ask a simple question. Could somebody tell me where do I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisdegrote
3 Replies
intermomentary(6x)						XScreenSaver manual						intermomentary(6x)

NAME
intermomentary - Visualize the momentary and aggregate intersections between slowly moving circles. SYNOPSIS
intermomentary [-display host:display.screen] [-foreground color] [-background color] [-num-discs disc count] [-draw-delay delayms] [-max-riders maxr] [-max-radius maxradius] [-fps] DESCRIPTION
The Intersection Momentary is a fun visualization defining the relationships between objects with Casey Reas, William Ngan, and Robert Hod- gin. Commissioned for display at the Whitney Museum of American Art. A surface filled with 100 medium to small sized circles. Each circle has a different size and direction, but moves at the same slow rate. Display: A. The instantaneous intersections of the circles. B. The aggregate intersections of the circles. The circles begin with a radius of 1 pixel and slowly increase to some arbitrary size. Circles are drawn with small moving points along the perimeter. The intersections are rendered as glowing orbs. Glowing orbs are rendered only when a perimeter point moves past the inter- section point. Ported to XScreensaver from the art project "InterMomentary" at http://www.complexification.net by J.Tarbell OPTIONS
intermomentary accepts the following options: -num-discs disc count (Default: 85) Number of slowly moving and growing discs to use. The more discs, the more CPU power. -draw-delay delayms (Default: 30000) Delay in ms between drawing cycles. More delay, slower (but smoother and less CPU intensive.) art. -max-riders maxrider (Default: 40) Maximum number of 'riders', single dots moving around the edge of the discs. -max-radius maxradius (Default: 100) Maximum possible radius of a disc. -fps Display the current frame rate and CPU load. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY to get the default host and display number. XENVIRONMENT to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property. BUGS Setting the background to anything besides black confuses the intensity algorithm and will look terrible. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 by J. Tarbell (complex@complexification.net, http://www.complexification.net). Ported to XScreensaver 2004 by Mike Kershaw (dragorn@kismetwireless.net) AUTHOR
J. Tarbell <complex@complexification.net>, Jun-03 Mike Kershaw <dragorn@kismetwireless.net>, Oct-04 X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) intermomentary(6x)