Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s) Post 302676313 by Corona688 on Tuesday 24th of July 2012 11:50:41 AM
Old 07-24-2012
I'm working on some code. So far I haven't encountered the error you did, so I'm a bit puzzled.

It's better to look for COMPND than to reject ANTIBODY, more specific and less special cases.

But then, I don't think your data is the same as the stuff you posted, since your data contains no ATOM lines at all, the things necessary to find any results. Can you post something more complete?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: need to extract a line before a pattern

Hello , I need your help to extract a line in a big file , and this line is always 11 lines before a specific pattern . Do you know a way via Awk ? Thanks in advance npn35 (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: npn35
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract pattern from text line

Hi, the text line looks like this: "test1" " " "test2" "test3" "test4" "10" "test 10 12" "00:05:58" "filename.bin" "3.3MB" "/dir/name" "18459" what's the best way to select any of it? So I can for example get only the time or size and so on. I was trying awk -F""" '{print $N}' but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract pattern from text line

The text line has the following formats: what.ever.bla.bla.C01G06.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.C11G33.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.01x03.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.03x05.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.Part01.BLA.BLA2 and other similar ones, I need a way to select the "what.ever.bla.bla" part out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract two lines before and after the 'search text'

Hi Guys, I have a situation wherein I need to extract two lines from below the search string. Eg. Current: $ grep "$(date +'%a %b %e')" alert.log Mon Apr 12 03:58:10 2010 Mon Apr 12 12:51:48 2010 $ Here I would like the display to be something like Mon Apr 12... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: geetap
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract specific line if the search pattern is found

Hi, I need to extract <APPNUMBER> tag alone, if the <college> haas IIT Chennai value. college tag value will have spaces embedded. Those spaces should not be suppresses. My Source file <Record><sno>1</sno><empid>E0001</empid><name>Rejsh suderam</name><college>IIT ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekar1
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a pattern from multiple lines in a file

I have a file that has some lines starts with * I want to get these lines, then get the word between "diac" and "lex". ex. file: ;;WORD AlAx *0.942490 diac:Al>ax lex:>ax_1 bw:Al/DET+>ax/NOUN+ gloss:brother pos:noun prc3:0 prc2:0 prc1:0 prc0:Al_det per:na asp:na vox:na mod:na gen:m num:s... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Viernes
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines that match a pattern

Hi all, I got a file that contains the following content, Actually it is a part of the file content, Installing XYZ XYZA Image, API 18, revision 2 Unzipping XYZ XYZA Image, API 18, revision 2 (1%) Unzipping XYZ XYZA Image, API 18, revision 2 (96%) Unzipping XYZ XYZA Image, API 18,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kashyap
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract fields before search pattern

Hi, I have below file structure and need to display hours, minutes and seconds as different fields. Incase hour or minute field is not there it should default to zero. *** Total elapsed time was 2 hours, 54 minutes and 40 seconds. *** Total elapsed time was 42 minutes and 36 seconds.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fristyguy
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract some characters from lines based on pattern

Hi All, i would like to get some help regarding extracting certain characters from a line grepped. blahblah{1:F01IRVTUS30XXXX0000000001}{2:I103IRVTDEF0XXXXN}{4:blah blahblah{1:F01IRVTUS30XXXX0000000001}{2:I103IRVTDEF0XXXXN}{4:blah... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad man
10 Replies
sem_post(2)							System Calls Manual						       sem_post(2)

NAME
sem_post - unlock a POSIX semaphore SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
is used to post the semaphore referenced by sem. The calling thread will not return from its call to unless it can either: increment the semaphore value, if there are no blocked threads on this semaphore; give the semaphore to a blocked thread, if there are any blocked threads on this semaphore; or have an error condition. If the semaphore value is < 0, the semaphore has blocked threads, waiting for it to become available (the absolute value of the semaphore's value indicates the number of waiters at that moment). If the semaphore value is >= 0, the semaphore has no waiters. If the semaphore has no waiters at the time its value is checked, the semaphore's value will be atomically incremented, with respect to the checking of its value, up to its maximum value as specified by If the semaphore has waiters at the time its value is checked, the semaphore value is not changed. Instead, the calling thread will attempt to wake up a waiter. If the semaphore has waiters having realtime priori- ties, the thread must wake up the highest priority waiter. Otherwise the thread at the head of the channel queue is woken up. When a waiter is successfully woken, the semaphore being posted will be given to the woken waiter. In other words, the state of the sema- phore remains unchanged. Instead, the semaphore being posted will be inherited by the waiter being woken from this call to If the specified semaphore referred to by sem is a named semaphore, then this semaphore must have been opened by the calling process with The calling process must have both read and write permissions on the semaphore to perform this operation. The routine may be called asyn- chronously, i.e. from a signal handler. To use this function, link in the realtime library by specifying on the compiler or linker command line. EXAMPLES
The following call to will post the semaphore sem. RETURN VALUE
A successful call to will return 0 and the calling thread would have posted the semaphore. Otherwise, the call to will return -1 with errno set to the appropriate value of the error condition. ERRORS
fails and does not perform the requested operation if any of the following conditions are encountered: [EPERM] The calling process does not have the privileges necessary to post the semaphore. [EINVAL] The argument sem does not refer to a valid semaphore. SEE ALSO
<semaphore.h>. STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
sem_post(2)