Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat SSH connection drops in 5 minutes Post 302676191 by aixlover on Tuesday 24th of July 2012 08:15:55 AM
Old 07-24-2012
I did and found no problem:

Quote:
$ echo $TMOUT
$
I also copied root's .bash_profile and .bash_logout to the user's home.

What make it different between root and regular users on session termination? I really don't understand.

Thank you!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh connection

pls how do i connect to my freebsd server via ssh from a windows client?? I have sshd running on d freebsd server. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lealyz
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 9 remote login (ssh) drops connection

Hello All, I wonder if you can help me... Let me give you some set-up details before I ask you the question. I have Ultra-60 at home with Solaris 9 and recommended patch cluster installed. The machine is connected to a Linksys WAG54G ADSL router/modem through RJ45 ethernet cable. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmerin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh connection

Hi @ all! I've a problem with a ssh-connection. I want to establish a ssh-connection between an AIX-System and an SunOS-System without a password. The Users are different one's. Command : user1@server1 /home/user1 > ssh user2@server2 Is it possible? Greetings olli-h (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: olli-h
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH Connection drops - but does my script keep running?

Hello there. I'm fairly new to Linux, but I am connecting via SSH and PuTTY to a remote server, and I am running a fairly heavy MySQL script in a PHP page. Our connection here is dodgy to say the least and I get continuous disconnections. My question is, when I get disconnected, does my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: christatedavies
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Ssh connection

hi, I have ssh connection between two servers for a functional Id for SFTP purpose. I aim is to setup this for is only work when below command is used by a .ksh script. ssh userid@servername:/directory Unfortunately users who have access to functional id are manually using above command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddy26615
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection-less using ssh

Hi! I know its a recurring problem, but I am failing to sort this out, I have two servers ( A and B), in which I am able to connect without having to put password from server B to server A, but the connect from server A to server B. takes 7 minutes to establish??? on Server A, I have the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
7 Replies

8. BSD

Connection SSH to remote by ssh

Hello guys! I am setting up a script to access a unix remote server. My problem is that when I put the ssh line "my host", the script does not wait for the server response asking for the password to execute the line in which I put the password, that is, I need to put a form in which script has a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aroucasp
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies
FTPUSERS(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						       FTPUSERS(5)

NAME
ftpusers, ftpchroot -- ftpd(8) access control file DESCRIPTION
The ftpusers file provides user access control for ftpd(8) by defining which users may login. If the ftpusers file does not exist, all users are denied access. A ``'' is the escape character; it can be used to escape the meaning of the comment character, or if it is the last character on a line, extends a configuration directive across multiple lines. A ``#'' is the comment character, and all characters from it to the end of line are ignored (unless it is escaped with the escape character). The syntax of each line is: userglob[:groupglob][@host] [directive [class]] These elements are: userglob matched against the user name, using fnmatch(3) glob matching (e.g, 'f*'). groupglob matched against all the groups that the user is a member of, using fnmatch(3) glob matching (e.g, '*src'). host either a CIDR address (refer to inet_net_pton(3)) to match against the remote address (e.g, '1.2.3.4/24'), or an fnmatch(3) glob to match against the remote hostname (e.g, '*.NetBSD.org'). directive If ``allow'' or ``yes'' the user is allowed access. If ``deny'' or ``no'', or directive is not given, the user is denied access. class defines the class to use in ftpd.conf(5). If class is not given, it defaults to one of the following: chroot If there is a match in /etc/ftpchroot for the user. guest If the user name is ``anonymous'' or 'ftp'. real If neither of the above is true. No further comparisons are attempted after the first successful match. If no match is found, the user is granted access. This syntax is backward-compatible with the old syntax. If a user requests a guest login, the ftpd(8) server checks to see that both ``anonymous'' and ``ftp'' have access, so if you deny all users by default, you will need to add both ``anonymous allow'' and ``ftp allow'' to /etc/ftpusers in order to allow guest logins. /etc/ftpchroot The file /etc/ftpchroot is used to determine which users will have their session's root directory changed (using chroot(2)), either to the directory specified in the ftpd.conf(5) chroot directive (if set), or to the home directory of the user. If the file does not exist, the root directory change is not performed. The syntax is similar to ftpusers, except that the class argument is ignored. If there's a positive match, the session's root directory is changed. No further comparisons are attempted after the first successful match. This syntax is backward-compatible with the old syntax. FILES
/etc/ftpchroot List of normal users who should have their ftp session's root directory changed by using chroot(2). /etc/ftpusers This file. /usr/share/examples/ftpd/ftpusers A sample ftpusers file. SEE ALSO
fnmatch(3), inet_net_pton(3), ftpd.conf(5), ftpd(8) BSD
July 17, 2000 BSD