Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NFS not mouting at boot
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers NFS not mouting at boot Post 302676025 by Scott on Tuesday 24th of July 2012 02:38:42 AM
Old 07-24-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlochacon
like I said when I type mount /share1 it automatically mounts the /share1 since it reads fstab in order to mount it
You had never said that!

Did you check the logfiles for problems during booting?

Can you show the relevant fstab entry and the output of who -r, chkconfig --list nfs and service nfs status (preferably just after a reboot).
This User Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Unable to mount NFS share during boot

Hello Everyone, I have a pseries machine running AIX 4.3.3 that has an invalid IP in /etc/hosts. During a boot the system hangs because it's trying to mount an NFS share to this invalid IP. I've tried to boot the system from a mksysb (not sure if the device was defined as rmt0) and AIX CD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlslhills
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS client subsystem hang up on boot

Hi, I have a Unix box running HP-UX 10.20 and it suddenly won't boot. Every time it goes down the boot checklist, it hangs on "NFS client subsystem" and just continues to say busy/wait. I have read something about the /etc/auto_master but don't quite understand what has to happen to fix it. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asheley Ryan
4 Replies

3. AIX

NFS does not mount on boot!

Hi, Can someone help me on this? I'm not able to enable a well working mounting process for NFS filesystems on boot time. On the server side (AIX 5.2) everything seems to be OK and correctly exported, seeing other clients (AIX 5.2) are able to mount normally on boot time. On a client in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: padawan75
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

NFS client Mount script after boot

Hi, I have 12 AIX P series servers. One has the NFS DB2data and the others are client mounts. NFS is not in /etc/filesystem because if NFS DB2data not up the client takes 7+ minutes to give up on nfsmnt and boot up. I'd like to check that nfs is up, then do the client mount all from a startup... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv2xs
0 Replies

5. AIX

AIX - boot - nfs problem

Hello Experts, I'm trying to boot my AIX server via network using another AIX as a boot server. I use tcpdump to monitor the process. After my boot client received .info file and mounted nfs resource (checked by 'showmount -a' from boot server) it hung. I noticed a lot of following entries: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jarekkk
0 Replies

6. Solaris

nfs export not working at boot

we have a Solaris 8 nfs server that exported two shares. entries are in /etc/dfs/dfstab. clients have been accessing these shares for several years. we just rebooted this nfs server and noticed that no share gets exported. I don't see relevant messages from dmsg nor messages file, is there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalite19
6 Replies

7. IP Networking

Boot Floppy with dd and nfs cleint

hi I'm looking for absolutly a minimal Unix or Linux installed on just 1 boot floppy with dd and nfs client. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Help mounting nfs on boot on Solaris 11

Hello, I am looking for some assistance in mounting an nfs drive on boot, on a Solaris 11 machine. On my Solaris 9/10 machines, I have an entry for my nfs mount in /etc/vfstab, however when I add the same entry to my vfstab on Solaris 11, the drive will not mount on boot. After booting up, I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

NFS does not start during boot process

Hello, I am facing some issues during boot process of rhel 6.2 It takes too long time (~10 min) for the node to come up... The boot process stuck while it trying to start NFS and does not continue until timeout. In the boot.log file i see Starting NFS quotas: Cannot register service:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies

10. Solaris

NFS mounts not automounting on boot

I have several Solaris 11.2 zones. when I reboot them I have to go in and do mountall to mount the NFS mounts. any ideas where to troubleshoot why they are not automounting? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
2 Replies
rpcdebug(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       rpcdebug(8)

NAME
rpcdebug - set and clear NFS and RPC kernel debug flags SYNOPSIS
rpcdebug -vh rpcdebug -m module rpcdebug -m module -s flags... rpcdebug -m module -c flags... DESCRIPTION
The rpcdebug command allows an administrator to set and clear the Linux kernel's NFS client and server debug flags. Setting these flags causes the kernel to emit messages to the system log in response to NFS activity; this is typically useful when debugging NFS problems. The first form in the synopsis can be used to list all available debug flags. The second form shows the currently set debug flags for the given module. The third form sets one or more flags, and the fourth form clears one or more flags. The value all may be used to set or clear all the flags for the given module. OPTIONS
-c Clear the given debug flags. -h Print a help message and exit. When combined with the -v option, also prints the available debug flags. -m module Specify which module's flags to set or clear. Available modules are: nfsd The NFS server. nfs The NFS client. nlm The Network Lock Manager, in either an NFS client or server. rpc The Remote Procedure Call module, in either an NFS client or server. -s Set the given debug flags. -v Increase the verbosity of rpcdebug's output. FILES
/proc/sys/sunrpc/{rpc,nfs,nfsd,nlm}_debug procfs-based interface to kernel debug flags. SEE ALSO
rpc.nfsd(8), nfs(5), syslogd(8). BUGS
Bugs can be found or reported at http://nfs.sf.net/. AUTHOR
Program by Olaf Kirch <okir@suse.de> and <frederic.jolly@bull.ext.net>. Manpage by Greg Banks <gnb@melbourne.sgi.com>. 5 Jul 2006 rpcdebug(8)