Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Show distinct values of a key from a single line Post 302676013 by elixir_sinari on Tuesday 24th of July 2012 02:19:50 AM
Old 07-24-2012
1) The regular expression qry="[^"]*" will match the literal qry=" followed by any number of any characters except a ", and followed by the literal ". This is needed as an expression such as .* will otherwise match as many characters as is possible including ".

2) Since you asked just about RLENGTH-6, I assume that you have idea about the match function and the system variables set by it. The number will depend on what you have as the "label" (qry in this case). As I am advancing the position in substr function by 5 (from RSTART, to match the length of qry-"), the length in substr will be reduced by 5 + 1(for the last ").

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read line with a single key press...

I would really like to have a script that will accept the key press from the user with out having to press the enter key afterwards. i.e. echo "Press Y to print \c" read YesNo At this point the user has to press the enter key to continue. Is there a way to accept the key press from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through only the distinct values in a file

Datafile has the following data seperated by : FIELD1:FIELD2:FIELD3 D1:/opt/9.1.9:Y D2:/opt/10.1.10:Y D3:/opt/9.1.9:Y D4:/opt/8.1.8:Y D5:/opt/8.1.8:Y D6:/opt/9.1.9:Y D7:/opt/9.1.9:Y D8:/opt/10.1.10:Y D9:/opt/9.1.9:Y D10:/opt/10.1.10:Y I want to do some operations only on the distinct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbekal
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting Distinct values from second field in a file....

Hi I have a pipe delimited file. I am trying to grab the DISTINCT value from the second field. The file is something like: 1233|apple|ron 1234|apple|elephant 1235|egg|man the output I am trying to get from second field is apple,egg (apple coming only once) Thanks simi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simi28
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep distinct values

this is a little more complex than that. I have a text file and I need to find all the distinct words that appear in a line after the word TABLESPACE when I grep for just the word tablespace, I get: how do i parse this a little better so i have a smaller file to read? This is just an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

distinct values of all the fields

I am a beginner to scripting, please help me in this regard. How do I create a script that provides a count of distinct values of all the fields in the pipe delimited file ? I have 20 different files with multiple columns in each file. I needed to write a generic script where I give the number... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vukkusila
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

distinct values of all the fields

I am a beginner to scripting, please help me in this regard. How do I create a script that provides a count of distinct values of all the fields in the pipe delimited file ? I have 20 different files with multiple columns in each file. I needed to write a generic script where I give the number... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vukkusila
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

average of distinct values with awk

Hi guys, I am not an expert in shell and I need help with awk command. I have a file with values like 200 1 1 200 7 2 200 6 3 200 5 4 300 3 1 300 7 2 300 6 3 300 4 4 I need resulting file with averages of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saif
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find distinct values

Hi, I have two files of the following format file1 chr1:345-456 chr2:123-456 chr2:455-678 chr3:456-789 chr3:444-555 file2 chr1:345-456 chr2:123-456 chr3:456-789 output (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Map values of blocks in a single line

Hello to all in forum, Maybe some awk expert could help me. I have this sample input: <MGISP:IMSIS=99995626; MT IMSI NUMBER SERIES ANALYSIS DATA OPERATING TABLE IMSIS M NA ANRES 99995626 6-77182 4 OBA-200 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch the values based on a Key using awk from single file

Hi, Please help to fetch the values for a key from below data format in linux. Sample Input Data Format 11055005|PurchaseCondition|GiftQuantity|1 11055005|PurchaseCondition|MinimumPurchase|400 11055005|GiftCatalogEntryIdentifier|Id|207328014 11429510|PurchaseCondition|GiftQuantity|1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
2 Replies
GRIB_GET_DATA(1)						   User Commands						  GRIB_GET_DATA(1)

NAME
grib_get_data - Print a latitude, longitude, data values list DESCRIPTION
Print a latitude, longitude, data values list USAGE
grib_get_data [options] grib_file grib_file ... OPTIONS
-M Multi-grib support off. Turn off support for multiple fields in single grib message -m missingValue The missing value is given through this option. Any string is allowed and it is printed in place of the missing values. Default is to skip the missing values. -p key[:{s/d/l}],key[:{s/d/l}],... Declaration of keys to print. For each key a string (key:s) or a double (key:d) or a long (key:l) type can be requested. Default type is string. -R out_file_name Redirect the standard output to "out_file_name". Faster than the shell redirect (>) because buffered. -F format C style format for values. Default is "%.10e" -w key[:{s/d/l}]{=/!=}value,key[:{s/d/l}]{=/!=}value,... Where clause. Grib messages are processed only if they match all the key/value constraints. A valid constraint is of type key=value or key!=value. For each key a string (key:s) or a double (key:d) or a long (key:l) type can be specified. Default type is string. -f Force. Force the execution not to fail on error. -G GRIBEX compatibility mode. -7 Does not fail when the message has wrong length -V Version. AUTHOR
This manpage has been autogenerated by Enrico Zini <enrico@debian.org>from the command line help of grib_get_data. grib_get_data April 2009 GRIB_GET_DATA(1)