Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cut or nawk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cut or nawk Post 302675557 by elixir_sinari on Monday 23rd of July 2012 09:30:57 AM
Old 07-23-2012
Run the command on the original file (I think it's ruta.txt)..not on the records you've extracted. And, awk, by no means, will change your original file, you'll need to redirect the output somewhere.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access values of awk/nawk variables outside the awk/nawk block?

i'm new to shell scripting and have a problem please help me in the script i have a nawk block which has a variable count nawk{ . . . count=count+1 print count } now i want to access the value of the count variable outside the awk block,like.. s=`expr count / m` (m is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saniya
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nesting - two nawk into one nawk

hi people; this is my two awk code: nawk '/cell+-/{r=(NF==8) ? $4FS$5FS$6 : NF==7 ? $4FS$5 : $4 ;c=split(r,rr);for (i=1;i<=c;i++){if(rr != "111111"){printf($3" %d ""\n",(i+3))}}printf("")}' /home/gc_sw/str.txt > /home/gc_sw/predwn.txt nawk -F'*' '{gsub(/ *$/,"")}$0=$1$($NF-2)'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Command error cut: Bad range

Hi Can anyone what I am doing wrong while using cut command. for f in *.log do logfilename=$f Log "Log file Name: $logfilename" logfile1=`basename $logfilename .log` flength=${#logfile1} Log "file length $flength" from_length=$(($flength - 15)) Log "from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk Problem - nawk out of space in tostring on

Hi.. i am running nawk scripts on solaris system to get records of file1 not in file2 and find duplicate records in a while with the following scripts -compare nawk 'NR==FNR{a++;next;} !a {print"line"FNR $0}' file1 file2duplicate - nawk '{a++}END{for(i in a){if(a-1)print i,a}}' file1in the middle... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cut command: can't make it cut fields

I'm a complete beginner in UNIX (and not a computer science student either), just undergoing a tutoring course. Trying to replicate the instructions on my own I directed output of the ls listing command (lists all files of my home directory ) to My_dir.tsv file (see the screenshot) to make use of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using :<<cut / cut to comment out block of bash script

I am using : << cut / cut to comment out block of code. Works fine on few lines of script, then it gives me this cryptic error when I try to comment out about 80 lines. The "warning " is at last line of script. done < results 169 echo "END read all positioning parameters" 170... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
8 Replies
EXIQSUMM(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       EXIQSUMM(8)

NAME
exiqsumm - Summarising the queue SYNOPSIS
exiqsumm [-a] [-c] DESCRIPTION
The exiqsumm utility is a Perl script which reads the output of exim -bp and produces a summary of the messages on the queue. Thus, you use it by running a command such as exim -bp | exiqsumm The output consists of one line for each domain that has messages waiting for it, as in the following example: 3 2322 74m 66m msn.com.example This lists the number of messages for the domain, their total volume, and the length of time that the oldest and the newest messages have been waiting. By default the output is sorted on the domain name, but exiqsumm has the options -a and -c, which cause the output to be sorted by oldest message and by count of messages, respectively. The output of exim -bp contains the original addresses in the message, so this also applies to the output from exiqsumm. No domains from addresses generated by aliasing or forwarding are included (unless the "one_time" option of the redirect router has been used to convert them into 'top level' addresses). BUGS
This manual page needs a major re-work. If somebody knows better groff than us and has more experience in writing manual pages, any patches would be greatly appreciated. SEE ALSO
exim(8), /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/ AUTHOR
This manual page was stitched together from spec.txt by Andreas Metzler <ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). March 26, 2003 EXIQSUMM(8)