Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unable to use FTP command to connect from one server to another Post 302675487 by mick_000 on Monday 23rd of July 2012 06:56:04 AM
Old 07-23-2012
Hi Jim,

I checked as told by u. When I gave the command "telnet serverB 20" , I got the below output

Trying...
telnet: connect: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation.

So, is it like ftp will work once the port 20 is enabled on the server B or the vsftpd package also has to be installed on that server for ftp to work?

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp script not able to connect to ftp server.

I have the following ftp script to get files from a remote location. However, on running the script I find that I am not even able to connect to ftp server. I am able to connect to ftp server using other GUI ftp tools like WS_FTP using the same IP. IP used here is a dummy IP. What can go... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gram77
3 Replies

2. AIX

Unable to connect to AIX server through xmanager

Hi, I have xmanager installed on my windows PC. But I am not able to connect to AIX server. It's giving the error as follows: The X11 forwarding request was rejected. Graphics mode is not coming up in AIX server. Please help as I have to install oracle patchset urgently. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to rename file in ftp server .Net:FTP perl

Hello All, I am trying to connect to ftp server and get the files. Also i need to rename the file in other ftp dir. rename method is not allowing me to rename the file in other dir. When i tried copy command by using net::FTP:FILE then perl says it is not installed. Can some body help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

unable to connect remote server using ssh

hi all i am unable to connect remote server using ssh but i am able to ping the server ssh service is running. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
5 Replies

5. Linux

Generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server

How to generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server to use in scripting. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Public key to connect from one ftp server to other server

How to generate public key to connect from one ftp server to other server to use in scripting. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
1 Replies

7. Linux

Unable to connect to Server machine from a client machine using ftp service

Hi, Could you please help me with the below issue.. I'm running RHEL6 OS on both server (192.168.0.10) and client machines (192.168.0.1). I'm trying to connect to server from the client machine using ftp service. I have installed vsftpd daemon on both the machines. I'm getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to connect sun server.

Hi, I am unable to connect sun server, server model is sun fire v440 on server 2 ports are there. serial management, and network management. I would like to know how to connect serial port if I dont have com port on my system? and on Network Management no ip address is configured. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to connect to new FTP server

Hi All, We have done new FTB setup. I am not able to to connect to this new target server. Here is the new setup to send files to the FTB : - Login : FTB-TAN-DEV-SAP - Protocol : SFTP - Port : 54322 - Hostname : ftb-dev.apj.hp - Env : DEV - Target ID : 3225 I tried connecting to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to connect using ftp

hi I am having issues when trying to connect using ftp, I am having the following error: User (10.100.48.73:(none)): moz 331 Password required for moza. Password: 530 Login incorrect. Login failed. ftp> by 221 Goodbye. I have created a user like this: useradd -g 10 -d /lam/moza -m -s... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
11 Replies
CONNECT-PROXY(1)					      General Commands Manual						  CONNECT-PROXY(1)

NAME
connect-proxy -- connect over SOCKS4/5 proxy SYNOPSIS
connect-proxy [-dnhst45] [-R resolve ] [-p local-port ] [-w secs ] [-H [user@]proxy-server[:port]] ] [-S [user@]socks-server[:port]] ] [-T proxy-server[:port] ] [-c telnet-proxy-command ] [host] [port] DESCRIPTION
connect-proxy open connection over SOCKS4/5 proxies Please, note that any HTTP-Proxy tunnel won't work with content-inspection firewall (unless using SSL). OPTIONS
-H specifies a hostname and port number of the http proxy server to relay. If port is omitted, 80 is used. You can specify this value in the environment variable HTTP_PROXY and pass the -h option to use it. -S specifies the hostname and port number of the SOCKS server to relay. Like -H, port number can be omitted and the default is 1080. You can also specify this value pair in the environment variable SOCKS5_SERVER and give the -s option to use it. -4 specifies SOCKS relaying and indicates protocol version to use. It is valid only when used with '-s' or '-S'. Default is '-5' (protocol version 5) -R method to resolve the hostname. Three keywords ("local", "remote", "both") or dot-notation IP address are acceptable. The key- word "both" means, "Try local first, then remote". If a dot-notation IP address is specified, use this host as nameserver. The default is "remote" for SOCKS5 or "local" for others. On SOCKS4 protocol, remote resolving method ("remote" and "both") requires protocol 4a supported server. -p will forward a local TCP port instead of using the standard input and output. -P same to '-p' except keep remote session. The program repeats waiting the port with holding remote session without disconnecting. To connect the remote session, send EOF to stdin or kill the program. -w timeout in seconds for making connection with TARGET host. -d used for debug. If you fail to connect, use this and check request to and response from server. USAGE
To use proxy, this example is for SOCKS5 connection to connect to "host" at port 25 via SOCKS5 server on "firewall" host. connect-proxy -S firewall host 25 SOCKS5_SERVER=firewall; export SOCKS5_SERVER; connect-proxy -s host 25 For a HTTP-PROXY connection: connect-proxy -H proxy-server:8080 host 25 HTTP_PROXY=proxy-server:8080; export HTTP_PROXY; connect-proxy -h host 25 To forward a local port, for example to use ssh: connect-proxy -p 5550 -H proxy-server:8080 host 22 ssh -l user To use it along ssh transparently: # file://~/.ssh/config # not using proxy on lan Host 192.* ProxyCommand connect-proxy %h %p # mandatory to access the internet Host * ProxyCommand connect-proxy -H proxyserver:8080 %h %p Or for all users ( /etc/ssh/ssh_config ) ENVIRONMENT
SOCKS5_USER, SOCKS5_PASSWORD, HTTP_PROXY_USER, HTTP_PROXY_PASSWORD, CONNECT_PASSWORD, LOGNAME, USER SEE ALSO
ssh (1). WWW
http://www.meadowy.org/~gotoh/projects/connect AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Philippe Coval rzr@gna.org for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. CONNECT-PROXY(1)