Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare two files with different number of records and output only the Extra records from file1 Post 302675445 by Scrutinizer on Monday 23rd of July 2012 04:47:01 AM
Old 07-23-2012
@OP: It seems to me that you are looking for a solution where not all columns are significant, but then you would need to tell us which columns determine whether records are "equal" .
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Compare Files w/Multiline Records

I'm trying to compare the first column values in two different files that use a numerical value as the key and output the more meaningful value found in the second column of file1 in front of the matching line(s) in file2. My problem is that file2 has multiple records. For example given: FILE1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RacerX
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want records in file2 those are not exist in file1

I have two files - file1 and file2. Now I want records in file2 those are not exist in file1. How to grep this ? eg: file1 08941 08944 08945 08946 08947 file2 08942 08944 5 08942 08945 5 08942 08946 4 08942 08947 6 08942 08952 4 08942 08963 5 08942 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Based on num of records in file1 need to check records in file2 to set some condns

Hi All, I have two files say file1 and file2. I want to check the number of records in file1 and if its atleast 2 (i.e., 2 or greater than 2 ) then I have to check records in file2 .If records in file2 is atleast 1 (i.e. if its not empty ) i have to set some conditions . Could you pls... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavesum
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Records between to files and extract it

I am not an expert in awk, SED, etc... but I really hope there is a way to do this, because I don't want to have to right a program. I am using C shell. FILE 1 FILE 2 H0000000 H0000000 MA1 MA1 CA1DDDDDD CA1AAAAAA MA2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare data from 2 zip files and capture the new records from file2 to a new file

I have 2 zip files which have about 20 million records in each file. file 2 will have additional records than file 1. I want to compare the records in both the files and capture the new records from file 2 into another file file3. Please help me with a command/script which provides me the desired... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: koneru
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files having different number of columns and records

Hi , My requirement is to Compare 2 files having different number of columns and records and get the ouptut containing all the non-matching records from File A(with all column values ) .Example data below : File A contains following : Aishvarya |1234... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishvarya.singh
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare and find records of file1 not in file2

hi.. i am using solaris system and ksh and using nawk to get records of file1 not in file2(not line by line comparison). code i am using is nawk 'NR==FNR{a++} !a {print"line:" FNR"->" $0} ' file2 file1 same command with awk runs perfectly on darwin kernel(mac) but in solaris it does line by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - compare records of 1 file with 3 files

hi.. I want to compare records present in 1 file with those in 3 other files and print those records of file 1 which are not present in any of the files. for eg - file1 file2 file3 file4 1 1 5 7 2 2 6 9 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files to pull changed records only

Hi, I am using Sun Solaris - SunOS. I have two fixed width files shown below. I am trying to find the changes in the records in the Newfile.txt for the records where the key column matches. The first column is a key column (example: A123). If there are any new or deletion of records in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script when scheduled in Crontab gives extra records in output

Hi, We have created a script that's checks the latency of IIDR subscription by fetching details from a config file (that contains subscription details) and running the CHCCLP command. The out put is then concatenated in a csv file. Once all subscription details are saved the script send a mail... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab095
7 Replies
sgelsx.f(3)							      LAPACK							       sgelsx.f(3)

NAME
sgelsx.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine sgelsx (M, N, NRHS, A, LDA, B, LDB, JPVT, RCOND, RANK, WORK, INFO) SGELSX solves overdetermined or underdetermined systems for GE matrices Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine sgelsx (integerM, integerN, integerNRHS, real, dimension( lda, * )A, integerLDA, real, dimension( ldb, * )B, integerLDB, integer, dimension( * )JPVT, realRCOND, integerRANK, real, dimension( * )WORK, integerINFO) SGELSX solves overdetermined or underdetermined systems for GE matrices Purpose: This routine is deprecated and has been replaced by routine SGELSY. SGELSX computes the minimum-norm solution to a real linear least squares problem: minimize || A * X - B || using a complete orthogonal factorization of A. A is an M-by-N matrix which may be rank-deficient. Several right hand side vectors b and solution vectors x can be handled in a single call; they are stored as the columns of the M-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B and the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. The routine first computes a QR factorization with column pivoting: A * P = Q * [ R11 R12 ] [ 0 R22 ] with R11 defined as the largest leading submatrix whose estimated condition number is less than 1/RCOND. The order of R11, RANK, is the effective rank of A. Then, R22 is considered to be negligible, and R12 is annihilated by orthogonal transformations from the right, arriving at the complete orthogonal factorization: A * P = Q * [ T11 0 ] * Z [ 0 0 ] The minimum-norm solution is then X = P * Z**T [ inv(T11)*Q1**T*B ] [ 0 ] where Q1 consists of the first RANK columns of Q. Parameters: M M is INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix A. M >= 0. N N is INTEGER The number of columns of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS NRHS is INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of matrices B and X. NRHS >= 0. A A is REAL array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the M-by-N matrix A. On exit, A has been overwritten by details of its complete orthogonal factorization. LDA LDA is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,M). B B is REAL array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) On entry, the M-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B. On exit, the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. If m >= n and RANK = n, the residual sum-of-squares for the solution in the i-th column is given by the sum of squares of elements N+1:M in that column. LDB LDB is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,M,N). JPVT JPVT is INTEGER array, dimension (N) On entry, if JPVT(i) .ne. 0, the i-th column of A is an initial column, otherwise it is a free column. Before the QR factorization of A, all initial columns are permuted to the leading positions; only the remaining free columns are moved as a result of column pivoting during the factorization. On exit, if JPVT(i) = k, then the i-th column of A*P was the k-th column of A. RCOND RCOND is REAL RCOND is used to determine the effective rank of A, which is defined as the order of the largest leading triangular submatrix R11 in the QR factorization with pivoting of A, whose estimated condition number < 1/RCOND. RANK RANK is INTEGER The effective rank of A, i.e., the order of the submatrix R11. This is the same as the order of the submatrix T11 in the complete orthogonal factorization of A. WORK WORK is REAL array, dimension (max( min(M,N)+3*N, 2*min(M,N)+NRHS )), INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Definition at line 178 of file sgelsx.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 sgelsx.f(3)