Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to output a line missing a number Post 302675325 by agama on Sunday 22nd of July 2012 10:55:56 PM
Old 07-22-2012
In future, having a sample of the input would really help.

This should eliminate file/and page:

Code:
tkxtrn | awk ' !(/File/ || /Page/) && NF > 2 && !$9 { printf( "%s %s\n", $5, $9 ); }'

This User Gave Thanks to agama For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert output into file at line number

I need to insert the output of a script into a specific line number of a txt file. I've read the Sed man page and searched the forums and it's not immediately clear how I would go about doing this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pluto7777
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to grep a number from output line

I`m having a output shown below, CFR 235,BBC DM-2 ALL CFR 111,BBC DM-2 ALL CFR 333,BBC DM-2 ALL from the above Output i want to use 235,111,333 as input for other purpose. these no always change every time i run script.so please suggest me the way i could do it with example,i have tried... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin_aaa27
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

join based on line number when one file is missing lines

I have a file that contains 87 lines, each with a set of coordinates (x & y). This file looks like: 1 200.3 -0.3 2 201.7 -0.32 ... 87 200.2 -0.314 I have another file which contains data that was taken at certain of these 87 positions. i.e.: 37 125 42 175 86 142 where the first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jackiev
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i find the first number in each line and insert dummy string into the missing columns?

Hi, I have one input file with the following content: MY_inpfile.txt Aname1 Cname1 Cname2 1808 5 Aname2 Cname1 1802 47 Bname1 ? 1819 22 Bname2 Cname1 1784 11 Bname3 1817 9 Zname1 Cname1 1805 59 Zname2 Cname1 Cname2 Cname3 1797 27 Every line in my input file have a 4 digit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Szaffy
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : print the sequence number without missing number

Dear Perl users, I need your help to solve my problem below. I want to print the sequence number without missing number within the range. E.g. my sequence number : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 12 13 14 my desired output: 1 -8 , 11-14 my code below but still problem with the result: 1 - 14 1 -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandai
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incorrect number of command line arguments and missing required files

I am developing a script. This script takes in one parameter which is the name of a file whose content is a list of names of some files. The script can check whether those files exist in current directory. Here is my question: If the number of provided parameters is less than one or one of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ray Sun
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe.

Sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe. Is it possible to replace a whole line piped from someother command into a file at paritcular line... here is some basic execution flow.. the line number is 412 lineNo=412 Now i have a line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print line number from piped output

i need to do something like this: script.sh #!/bin/sh echo "hello" echo "My First name is John" echo "My Last name is Smith" echo "I am here to save you a lot of work" sed -n 4,5p $0 i dont want to run the script. i just want to pull out specific line from it. so the logic here... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Insert the line number from text file to filename output

Hi everyone :) I have a file "words.txt" containing hundreds of lines of text. Each line contains a slogan. Using the code below i am able to generate an image with the slogan text from each line. The image filename is saved matching the last word on each line. Example: Line 1: We do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: martinsmith
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do we display specific row of an output from bottom given line number?

I pass a number to my script. Passing "1" below. ./getfile.sh 1 echo "User entered: $1" ls -ltr *.conf | sed -n '$p' I wish to use ls -ltr i.e list files in ascending order of time the latest showing at the bottom of the output. Number 1 should get me the last row of ls -ltr output i.e... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies
Data::Page(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     Data::Page(3)

NAME
Data::Page - help when paging through sets of results SYNOPSIS
use Data::Page; my $page = Data::Page->new(); $page->total_entries($total_entries); $page->entries_per_page($entries_per_page); $page->current_page($current_page); print " First page: ", $page->first_page, " "; print " Last page: ", $page->last_page, " "; print "First entry on page: ", $page->first, " "; print " Last entry on page: ", $page->last, " "; DESCRIPTION
When searching through large amounts of data, it is often the case that a result set is returned that is larger than we want to display on one page. This results in wanting to page through various pages of data. The maths behind this is unfortunately fiddly, hence this module. The main concept is that you pass in the number of total entries, the number of entries per page, and the current page number. You can then call methods to find out how many pages of information there are, and what number the first and last entries on the current page really are. For example, say we wished to page through the integers from 1 to 100 with 20 entries per page. The first page would consist of 1-20, the second page from 21-40, the third page from 41-60, the fourth page from 61-80 and the fifth page from 81-100. This module would help you work this out. METHODS
new This is the constructor, which takes no arguments. my $page = Data::Page->new(); There is also an old, deprecated constructor, which currently takes two mandatory arguments, the total number of entries and the number of entries per page. It also optionally takes the current page number: my $page = Data::Page->new($total_entries, $entries_per_page, $current_page); total_entries This method get or sets the total number of entries: print "Entries:", $page->total_entries, " "; entries_per_page This method gets or sets the total number of entries per page (which defaults to 10): print "Per page:", $page->entries_per_page, " "; current_page This method gets or sets the current page number (which defaults to 1): print "Page: ", $page->current_page, " "; entries_on_this_page This methods returns the number of entries on the current page: print "There are ", $page->entries_on_this_page, " entries displayed "; first_page This method returns the first page. This is put in for reasons of symmetry with last_page, as it always returns 1: print "Pages range from: ", $page->first_page, " "; last_page This method returns the total number of pages of information: print "Pages range to: ", $page->last_page, " "; first This method returns the number of the first entry on the current page: print "Showing entries from: ", $page->first, " "; last This method returns the number of the last entry on the current page: print "Showing entries to: ", $page->last, " "; previous_page This method returns the previous page number, if one exists. Otherwise it returns undefined: if ($page->previous_page) { print "Previous page number: ", $page->previous_page, " "; } next_page This method returns the next page number, if one exists. Otherwise it returns undefined: if ($page->next_page) { print "Next page number: ", $page->next_page, " "; } splice This method takes in a listref, and returns only the values which are on the current page: @visible_holidays = $page->splice(@holidays); skipped This method is useful paging through data in a database using SQL LIMIT clauses. It is simply $page->first - 1: $sth = $dbh->prepare( q{SELECT * FROM table ORDER BY rec_date LIMIT ?, ?} ); $sth->execute($page->skipped, $page->entries_per_page); change_entries_per_page This method changes the number of entries per page and the current page number such that the first item on the current page will be present on the new page. $page->total_entries(50); $page->entries_per_page(20); $page->current_page(3); print $page->first; # 41 $page->change_entries_per_page(30); print $page->current_page; # 2 - the page that item 41 will show in NOTES
It has been said before that this code is "too simple" for CPAN, but I must disagree. I have seen people write this kind of code over and over again and they always get it wrong. Perhaps now they will spend more time getting the rest of their code right... SEE ALSO
Related modules which may be of interest: Data::Pageset, Data::Page::Tied, Data::SpreadPagination. AUTHOR
Based on code originally by Leo Lapworth, with many changes added by by Leon Brocard <acme@astray.com>. CONTRIBUTORS
James Laver (ELPENGUIN) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-9, Leon Brocard LICENSE
This module is free software; you can redistribute it or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2013-08-25 Data::Page(3)