Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Disk quota exceeded (difference btw. du and df, again!) Post 302675107 by otheus on Saturday 21st of July 2012 05:09:31 PM
Old 07-21-2012
gull04 and jlliagre are most probably correct. If you need a place to store stuff, here's what you can do in the mean-time:

Check the diskspace of /tmp and /var/tmp. Use df:
Code:
df /tmp /var/tmp

If it appears there is sufficient space on one of these, make a directory for yourself and create a soft-link to it.
Code:
mkdir /var/tmp/$USER
ln -s /var/tmp/$USER $HOME/tmp

Now you can store files via the "tmp" link in your home directory.
Be sure to clean it up and/ore move it back once your admin has freed up disk space for you.
This User Gave Thanks to otheus For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Disk Quota software for Linux

Hi all, Does anyone knows any good disk quota software for Linux? I am trying to assign different disk quota allocation for different users and directories. At moment I am using an FTP solution (Crush FTP, very good), I am able to specify quotas based on directories for each individual user, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDE Man
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I increase the disk quota for a directory?

I know very basic Unix commands s I would really appreciate the assistance of a Unix guru. I am installing an application on a Sun server, when attempting to install I get an error that says I do not have enough space allocated for my install directory (/ACEMS). Error says it has 7235m but needs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhack
1 Replies

3. Solaris

difference btw lofi and _lofi

Hi all, can you pls tell me the difference btw, LOFI_FAILED and _LOFI_FAILED these 2 are just variables in the script its used...it just stores values... However i have this vague idea that _LOFI_FAILED is something different .. in the sense that it starts from a _... so could that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increasing Disk Quota

I keep getting an error on my site that says: The server is a 250gb dedicated server so I would have thought I had more than enough space. What does this actually mean and can I increase the disk quota? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehaapyappy
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disk quota exceeded......

I keep on getting an error on my site saying I've got a 250GB dedicated server, and have used less than 200mb of that. The site has only been on the server for just over a month. What does this mean and how can I sort it? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehaapyappy
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disk Quota

Hi all, I am new to Unix admin. Can anyone tell me how to set disk quota for the users in /export/home directory? Pls specify the exact command. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris5.10
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

disk quota problem

Hi, I am executing following in the script file cat rampIdent.CARE*.txt | rsort.exe -T $BULK_TMP_DIR > rampIdent.ALL.tmp.txt The txt files are around 20 and each are of average size 60 MB. rsort.exe is a program that combines and sorts the input given to it and writes output onto... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadi
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Implememting disk quota on Red Hat

Hi , what are all the files will be edited when we are\ implememting disk quota for a user. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krish4linux
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Quota Exception while deleting the files

This is the full file name I get when I do ls -lt from my current directory. EXPORT_v1x0_20120811_11_T_065800_070000.dat.gz File names also consist of date as well. In the above file date is 20120811. So I am trying to delete all the files which starts with EXPORT_v1x0 and whose... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raihan26
7 Replies

10. Linux

Disk quota exceed

There is a special problem for my unix. Disk quota exceed. I use quota -v to check that I almost run out of my quota(I use 45M, limit for me is 50M). However, I try to use du -sh * to locate my file, it shows me that I only use 9M. I'm wandering if there is something wrong. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yayayouknow
3 Replies
DEBUG_PRINT_BACKTRACE(3)						 1						  DEBUG_PRINT_BACKTRACE(3)

debug_print_backtrace - Prints a backtrace

SYNOPSIS
void debug_print_backtrace ([int $options], [int $limit]) DESCRIPTION
debug_print_backtrace(3) prints a PHP backtrace. It prints the function calls, included/required files and eval(3)ed stuff. PARAMETERS
o $options - As of 5.3.6, this parameter is a bitmask for the following options: debug_print_backtrace(3) options +----------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ |DEBUG_BACKTRACE_IGNORE_ARGS | | | | | | | Whether or not to omit the "args" index, and | | | thus all the function/method arguments, to save | | | memory. | | | | +----------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ o $limit - As of 5.4.0, this parameter can be used to limit the number of stack frames printed. By default ($limit= 0) it prints all stack frames. RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. CHANGELOG
+--------+-----------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+-----------------------------------------+ | 5.4.0 | | | | | | | Added the optional parameter $limit. | | | | | 5.3.6 | | | | | | | Added the optional parameter $options. | | | | +--------+-----------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 debug_print_backtrace(3) example <?php // include.php file function a() { b(); } function b() { c(); } function c(){ debug_print_backtrace(); } a(); ?> <?php // test.php file // this is the file you should run include 'include.php'; ?> The above example will output something similar to: #0 c() called at [/tmp/include.php:10] #1 b() called at [/tmp/include.php:6] #2 a() called at [/tmp/include.php:17] #3 include(/tmp/include.php) called at [/tmp/test.php:3] SEE ALSO
debug_backtrace(3). PHP Documentation Group DEBUG_PRINT_BACKTRACE(3)