Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers While Connecting to Google networking. Error = Unusual traffic from your computer network. Post 302675043 by Swathe on Saturday 21st of July 2012 10:09:28 AM
Old 07-21-2012
Sounds like some malicious software is making your IP address the source of enough nasties to start getting blacklisted. I'd be analysing outgoing traffic to try and see if there is any illicit activity going on.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring network traffic

there are commands to monitor the memory, paging, io... how about network traffic. i mean commands to see whether the network traffic (LAN) is congested? the closest i got is netstat thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
6 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

How to capture network traffic

Hi, Can someone give me the clue on how to capture network traffic at gateway. Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting an external SCSI drive to a unix computer

I am interested in booting up my unix computer by connecting an external SCSI drive( intergraph) to it. The unix box is also an intergraph computer. Whenever I boot it, it gives me an error that says Drive not ready, Insert Boot Diskette in A. What am I doing wrong? Any input would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: teruotor
3 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Google Error: This site may harm your computer.

Anyone else seeing this error on every search result on Google today: This site may harm your computer. Which links to this page: Malware Warning Which says: (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
10 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Network Traffic

Hi all, Got a strange one here, well not so much strange, different :-) I need to work out if a server is particulary chatty, whether its talking / communicating heavily to a particular server, as Im planning to physically move the server to a different server, over a link. Hence the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

Monitoring traffic in the network

I Colleagues, Somebody can say me how to monitoring traffic in the network. also I am interested in monitoring memory. if somebody to know a guide with command advanced in unix welcome for me. Thank you for adcanced. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"Network error: No route to host" While connecting guest RHEL4 using putty

Hi, I have installed RHEL4 using vmware workstation.. Host OS: Windows XP Guest OS: RHEL4 Pls refer step 17 & 18 in below link... ORACLE-BASE - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and Centos 4 Installation 1) If i choose to assign IP automatically (using DHCP) means, i am able to connect RHEL4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
3 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

How do I know what traffic is in network port?

If I would like to know what connection , data , traffic in a network port ( eth0 ) , what can I do ? ps. because I always found the network is very slow , so I would like what the network port is doing . Thanks Login ID ust3 is currently in read-only mode for multiple infractions. Creating... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust03
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to throttle network traffic?

Hi All I am resilience testing an application that is spread across multiple servers. One thing I will need to do soon is throttle the network traffic for specific interfaces within the test cluster. Specifically, maybe make a connection take twice or three times as long to respond.... I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbq
3 Replies

10. IP Networking

I would like to monitor network traffic for a computer on my network

My son does homework on a school laptop. I was thinking about setting up a gateway on my home network, so that I can monitor web traffic and know if he is doing his homework without standing over his shoulder. Ideally I would like to use the Raspberry Pi Model b that I already have. However, I... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
15 Replies
ENC(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    ENC(4)

NAME
enc -- Encapsulating Interface SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device enc DESCRIPTION
The enc interface is a software loopback mechanism that allows hosts or firewalls to filter ipsec(4) traffic using any firewall package that hooks in via the pfil(9) framework. The enc interface allows an administrator to see incoming and outgoing packets before and after they will be or have been processed by ipsec(4) via tcpdump(1). The ``enc0'' interface inherits all IPsec traffic. Thus all IPsec traffic can be filtered based on ``enc0'', and all IPsec traffic could be seen by invoking tcpdump(1) on the ``enc0'' interface. What can be seen with tcpdump(1) and what will be passed on to the firewalls via the pfil(9) framework can be independently controlled using the following sysctl(8) variables: Name Defaults Suggested net.enc.out.ipsec_bpf_mask 0x00000003 0x00000001 net.enc.out.ipsec_filter_mask 0x00000001 0x00000001 net.enc.in.ipsec_bpf_mask 0x00000001 0x00000002 net.enc.in.ipsec_filter_mask 0x00000001 0x00000002 For the incoming path a value of 0x1 means ``before stripping off the outer header'' and 0x2 means ``after stripping off the outer header''. For the outgoing path 0x1 means ``with only the inner header'' and 0x2 means ``with outer and inner headers''. incoming path |------| ---- IPsec processing ---- (before) ---- (after) ----> | | | Host | <--- IPsec processing ---- (after) ----- (before) ---- | | outgoing path |------| Most people will want to run with the suggested defaults for ipsec_filter_mask and rely on the security policy database for the outer head- ers. EXAMPLES
To see the packets the processed via ipsec(4), adjust the sysctl(8) variables according to your need and run: tcpdump -i enc0 SEE ALSO
tcpdump(1), bpf(4), ipf(4), ipfw(4), ipsec(4), pf(4), tcpdump(8) BSD
November 28, 2007 BSD