Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed/awk is helpful for this?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed/awk is helpful for this? Post 302674901 by Scrutinizer on Friday 20th of July 2012 05:57:56 PM
Old 07-20-2012
Try:
Code:
awk -F', ' '$1="server"' file

or
Code:
sed 's/[^,]*,/server/' file

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Very Helpful Site

I haven't had to post a question in the forum for sometime now. I have been able to find the answers to all of my questions simply by looking around and usually find them just by reviewing the new posts. I just wanted to thank you all for having and participating in this site - it has been so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barb
0 Replies

2. AIX

Helpful AIX Commands to keep -Enjoy

List the licensed program productslslpp -L List the defined devices lsdev -C -H List the disk drives on the system lsdev -Cc disk List the memory on the system lsdev -Cc memory (MCA) List the memory on the system lsattr -El sys0 -a realmem (PCI) lsattr -El mem0 List system resources lsattr... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aix|Dr
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

String comparison tutorial not helpful

I have a bash string comparison which is not working, looked for help, and found this. = is equal to if http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/images/caution.gifNote the whitespace framing the =. if is not equivalent to the above. </DIV> I do not find this to be helpful because I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnwdavis
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How helpful are ssh keys?

Hi frnz, I work in an environment, where I need to login to multiple UNIX sessions(Always types my password when prompted for) I heard of ssh keys which provides us a valid authentication and that avoids us typing the password. Now I want to generate the ssh keys and use in my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnam9917
2 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

Helpful Ressources for HPC Admin

Hi Everyone I am new to this valuable forum and would like to ask members for some helpful resources to learn HPC administration and monitoring resources such as webinars, websites, forums, books, and moocs as I need them to get more competencies to my career. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akchired
0 Replies
asadmin-create-jms-resource(1AS)				   User Commands				  asadmin-create-jms-resource(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-create-jms-resource, create-jms-resource - registers the JMS resource SYNOPSIS
create-jms-resource --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s][--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] --restype resource_type [--enabled=true][--description text] [--property (name=value)[:name=value]*] jndi_name Registers the JMS resource. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. --interactive prompts you for the required options that are not already specified. --restype JMS resource type which can be: javax.jms.Topic, javax.jms.Queue, javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory, javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory. --enabled determines whether the resource is enabled at runtime. --description text description of the JMS resource. --property optional attribute name/value pairs for configuring the JMS resource. OPERANDS
jndi_name JNDI name of the JMS resource to be created. Example 1: Creating a JMS connection factory resource for durable subscriptions asadmin> create-jms-resource --user admin1 --password adminadmin1 --host pigeon --port 5001 --restype javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory --description "example of creating a JMS connection factory" --property ClientId=MyID jms/DurableTopicConnectionFactory Command create-jms-resource executed successfully Where: jms/DurableTopicConnectionFactory is the JNDI name of the resource, and the ClientId property sets a client ID on the connection factory so that it can be used for durable subsciptions. The JNDI name for a JMS resource customarily includes the jms/ naming subcontext. Example 2: Creating a JMS destination resource asadmin> create-jms-resource --user admin1 --password adminadmin1 --host pigeon --port 5001 --restype javax.jms.Queue --property Name=PhysicalQueue jms/MyQueue Command create-jms-resource executed successfully Where: jms/Queue is the JNDI name of the resource, and the Name property specifies the physical destination that the resource refers to. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-delete-jms-resource(1AS), asadmin-list-jms-resources(1AS), asadmin-create-jmsdest(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-create-jms-resource(1AS)