Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK script to parse a data in a file Post 302674581 by Ygor on Friday 20th of July 2012 05:22:18 AM
Old 07-20-2012
Paste will work but you have to pass in the list of delimiters...
Code:
$ paste -s -d '      \n' file1
QueueName= 'TEST1' CreateDate= '2009-10-30' CreateTime= '13.45.40' QueueType= Predefined QueueDefinitionType= Local QMinDepth= 0 QMaxDepth= 0
QueueName= 'TEST2' CreateDate= '2009-10-30' CreateTime= '13.51.12' QueueType= Predefined QueueDefinitionType= Local QMinDepth= 0 QMaxDepth= 6

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To parse through the file and print output using awk or sed script

suppose if u have a file like that Hen ABCCSGSGSGJJJJK 15 Cock ABCCSGGGSGIJJJL 15 * * * * * * : * * * . * * * : Hen CFCDFCSDFCDERTF 30 Cock CHCDFCSDHCDEGFI 30 * . * * * * * * * : * * :* : : . The output shud be where there is : and . It shud... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help!!! Shell script to parse data file.

I am faced with a :confused: tricky problem to parse a data file ( May not be a tricky problem to the scripting guru's ). Here is what I am faced with. I have a file with multiple rows of data and the rows are not of fixed length. "|" is used as a delimiters for individual columns and each row... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajaykumar
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse data using sh script

Hi, I am a newbie to unix/shell scripting and i have a question on how to parse a txt file using perl in a sh script. I have a txt file that contains hundreds of lines with data like this.... X, Y, Latitude, Longitude 1, 142, -38.000000, -91.000000, 26.348 2, 142, 60.000000, -90.000000,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moonbaby
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse data between parenthesis using shell script

Hi I am using shell script and i need to parse the data between parenthesis.How do i do it using shell script. Ex: section(name). I want to extract name from the above string using shell script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: julie_s
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse config file data to script variable

I have a script with few pre defined variables. Also have a config file. Something like this. # config file # Define Oracle User MOD1_TAG=abcde MOD2_TAG=xyzabc MOD3_TAG=def I need to parse the config file and have each of the value copied to different variables. Please suggest what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: souryadipta
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : Filter a set of data to parse header line and last field of multiple same match.

Hi Experts, I have a data with multiple entry , I want to filter PKG= & the last column "00060110" or "00088150" in the output file: ############################################################################################### PKG= P8SDB :: VGS = vgP8SOra vgP8SDB1 vgP8S001... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to split and parse unpredictable data

data.txt: CRITICAL: iLash: 97.00%, SqlPlus: 99.00%. Warning/critical thresholds: 95/98% I need to pull only the disknames: iLash and SqlPlus The following command will only pull iLash: echo "CRITICAL: iLash: 97.00%, SqlPlus: 99.00%. Warning/critical thresholds: 95/98%" | awk -F":"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to parse case with information in two fields of file

The below awk parser works for most data inputs, but I am having trouble with the last one. The problem is in the below rules steps 1 and 2 come from $2 (NC_000013.10:g.20763686_20763687delinsA) and steps 3 and 4 come from $1 (NM_004004.5:c.34_35delGGinsT). Parse Rules: The header is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parse result that match data from file

i run command that return this result,example : gigabitethernet2/2/4:NotPresent, gigabitethernet2/1/17:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/10:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/5:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/9:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/36:DOWN, gigabitethernet2/1/33:DOWN, gigabitethernet2/1/8:UP,... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanttolearn1
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk , parse data from stacked columns

I am trying to rearrange stacked columns. Below is an excerpt of my data file: You can see there are two data columns stacked vertically. ITERATION ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sav0
1 Replies
PASTE(1)							   User Commands							  PASTE(1)

NAME
paste - merge lines of files SYNOPSIS
paste [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Write lines consisting of the sequentially corresponding lines from each FILE, separated by TABs, to standard output. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -d, --delimiters=LIST reuse characters from LIST instead of TABs -s, --serial paste one file at a time instead of in parallel --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
Written by David M. Ihnat and David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report paste bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for paste is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and paste programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'paste invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 7.1 July 2010 PASTE(1)