Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: scan and edit in bash
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting scan and edit in bash Post 302674381 by Jaymz on Thursday 19th of July 2012 04:03:07 PM
Old 07-19-2012
ah yes! it works fine with that change Smilie
now it only needs to do the file editing I mentioned in the beginning and it's all done:
Code:
C:\blabla\more blahblah\myfile1

has to be replaced with:
Code:
myfile1

inside each line and each of the files.

---------- Post updated at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:24 PM ----------

I feel like maybe I didn't explain it clearly enough so sorry about that. All I needed is that the file content remains untouched except that absolute paths get reduced to just the file name they contain, which is now not happening as I see the original file being copied over as is. Thanks a lot for all your help so far!

---------- Post updated at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:53 PM ----------

I think sed is doing something wrong as it's not removing the path as it should.

---------- Post updated at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:12 PM ----------

nope it's not the sed it's the basename ! that line just copied the path as it is and then it pastes it over so obviously the final file remains unchanged Smilie help?

---------- Post updated at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:34 PM ----------

is it possible a unix/linux system does not interpret correctly Windows paths as in the examples I provided? that could be a cause nothing is changed from the original file. in this case how can I tell my unix system that the Windows path is really a path and not a regular string?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP Name scan

Hi. how to search a range of IP:s for their registed IP names? Like nslookup or host for all IPs 130.xxx.xxx.1 to 130.xxx.xxx.254 //nicke (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicke30
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

how to edit the bash shell?

Hello friends, I want to add some features to the bash shell.I logged in as the root.Even then could not view the source code of bash shell in RH 9,Fedora 8.It is in encrypted form.Can you please tell me how to include my code into bash shell. Please give me a sample code so that I can understand... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

In bash, read to a variable with a default value to edit

My script needs to read a variable from the user. But before the user types the input, I want to give a default value so the user can edit the default value for input. How can I implement it? My script is something like: #!/bin/sh read -p 'Port number: ' -e port_number echo "Port... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankai
7 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

grub, ok, bash, edit, kmdb and what else?

Hello There is a > prompt at Grub, # prompt for the console and $ for bash, but I am clueless about when and how to get into a specific prompt, how to move around between one prompt to another and how to exit. Is there a very basic guide anywhere that CLEARLY explains the type of shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani1413
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit csv file with bash

I' trying to use bash to edit a csv file from this format: "apples","oranges","grapes" "bread","butter","milk" To this: "apples oranges grapes" So that if I would open the csv file in open office, "apples oranges grapes" Would be in one single cell, and "bread (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

best way to scan?

i want to scan all open and closed ports on a server. how can i do this. i intend on using nmap, but if there are better ways to do it, please let me know. i understand there are a total of 6335 allowable ports on a server. so out of that 6335, i want to know which is open or closed. id... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plus edit and edit header

Dear Masters, i have a problem with unix script, till now i just know about how to create header. i want to change file below -63395.2 72653.5 -63361.3 72696.0 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ipatah
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - add/edit to file and save - sed?

I'm working on a script to execute a number of items. One being, editing particular files to add certain lines. I'm attempting to utilize sed, but, having issues when running from a bash script. Assistance is greatly appreciated. My example: sed -i '14 i\ # add these lines add these lines to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create automated scan of specific directory using bash

I am trying to use bash to automate the scan of a specific directory using clamav. Having this in place is a network requirement. The below is an attempt to: 1. count the extensions (.txt, .jpeg) in a directory and write them to a virus-scan.log (section in bold) 2. scan each folder in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan and remove if file infected using bash

The below bash runs clamav on all files in DIR and produces virus-scan.log. My question is the portion in bold is supposed to move the infected files, lines not OK, to /home/cmccabe/quarantine. Does the bash look correct? Thank you :). virus-scan.log Mon Jan 16 14:39:05 CST 2017... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
GET-IAB(1)						      General Commands Manual							GET-IAB(1)

NAME
get-iab - Fetch the arp-scan IAB file from the IEEE website SYNOPSIS
get-iab [options] DESCRIPTION
get-iab fetches the Ethernet IAB file from the IEEE website, and saves it in the format used by arp-scan. The IAB file contains all of the IABs (Individual Address Blocks) that have been registered with IEEE. Each IAB entry in the file speci- fies the first 36-bits of the 48-bit Ethernet hardware address, leaving the remaining 12-bits for use by the registering organisation. For example the IAB entry "0050C2003", registered to Microsoft, applies to any Ethernet hardware address from 00:50:c2:00:30:00 to 00:50:c2:00:3f:ff inclusive. Each IAB assignment represents a total of 2^12 (4,096) Ethernet addresses. Major Ethernet hardware vendors typically use an OUI registration rather than an IAB registration. See get-oui(1) for details. This script can be used to update the arp-scan IAB file from the latest data on the IEEE website. It is relatively rare to see Ethernet addresses from IAB registrations, so the IAB file is not as important as the OUI file. The IAB data is fetched from the URL http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/iab.txt and the output file is saved to the file ieee-iab.txt in the current directory. The URL to fetch the data from can be changed with the -u option, and the output file name can be changed with the -f option. The ieee-iab.txt file that is produced by this script is used by arp-scan to determine the Ethernet card vendor from its hardware address. The directory that arp-scan will look for the ieee-iab.txt file depends on the options used when it was built. If it was built using the default options, then it will look in /usr/local/share/arp-scan. OPTIONS
-h Display a brief usage message and exit. -f <fn> Write the output to the specified file instead of the default ieee-iab.txt. -u <URL> Use the specified URL to fetch the raw IAB data from instead of the default http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/iab.txt -v Display verbose progress messages. FILES
ieee-iab.txt The default output file. EXAMPLES
$ get-iab -v Renaming ieee-iab.txt to ieee-iab.txt.bak Fetching IAB data from http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/iab.txt Fetched 230786 bytes Opening output file ieee-iab.txt 1535 IAB entries written to file ieee-iab.txt NOTES
get-iab is implemented in Perl, so you need to have the Perl interpreter installed on your system to use it. get-iab uses the LWP::Simple Perl module to fetch the data from the IEEE website. You must have this module installed on your system for it to work. This module is available on most distributions, often called libwww-perl. It is also available in source form from CPAN. You can use a proxy server by defining the http_proxy environment variable. AUTHOR
Roy Hills <Roy.Hills@nta-monitor.com> SEE ALSO
arp-scan(1) get-oui(1) arp-fingerprint(1) http://www.nta-monitor.com/wiki/ The arp-scan wiki page. March 30, 2007 GET-IAB(1)