Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: scan and edit in bash
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting scan and edit in bash Post 302674327 by Jaymz on Thursday 19th of July 2012 11:21:51 AM
Old 07-19-2012
scan and edit in bash

so assume I have a dozen files in local directory and half of them are .txt and I only want to scan these text files and go inside each of them and replace absolute paths (e.g. C:\blabla\more blahblah\myfile.txt) with just the name of that file (myfile.txt) and then go to next line and look if there are more paths to replace, and when done go to next text file. can someone please show me how to do this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP Name scan

Hi. how to search a range of IP:s for their registed IP names? Like nslookup or host for all IPs 130.xxx.xxx.1 to 130.xxx.xxx.254 //nicke (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicke30
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

how to edit the bash shell?

Hello friends, I want to add some features to the bash shell.I logged in as the root.Even then could not view the source code of bash shell in RH 9,Fedora 8.It is in encrypted form.Can you please tell me how to include my code into bash shell. Please give me a sample code so that I can understand... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

In bash, read to a variable with a default value to edit

My script needs to read a variable from the user. But before the user types the input, I want to give a default value so the user can edit the default value for input. How can I implement it? My script is something like: #!/bin/sh read -p 'Port number: ' -e port_number echo "Port... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankai
7 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

grub, ok, bash, edit, kmdb and what else?

Hello There is a > prompt at Grub, # prompt for the console and $ for bash, but I am clueless about when and how to get into a specific prompt, how to move around between one prompt to another and how to exit. Is there a very basic guide anywhere that CLEARLY explains the type of shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani1413
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit csv file with bash

I' trying to use bash to edit a csv file from this format: "apples","oranges","grapes" "bread","butter","milk" To this: "apples oranges grapes" So that if I would open the csv file in open office, "apples oranges grapes" Would be in one single cell, and "bread (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

best way to scan?

i want to scan all open and closed ports on a server. how can i do this. i intend on using nmap, but if there are better ways to do it, please let me know. i understand there are a total of 6335 allowable ports on a server. so out of that 6335, i want to know which is open or closed. id... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plus edit and edit header

Dear Masters, i have a problem with unix script, till now i just know about how to create header. i want to change file below -63395.2 72653.5 -63361.3 72696.0 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ipatah
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - add/edit to file and save - sed?

I'm working on a script to execute a number of items. One being, editing particular files to add certain lines. I'm attempting to utilize sed, but, having issues when running from a bash script. Assistance is greatly appreciated. My example: sed -i '14 i\ # add these lines add these lines to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create automated scan of specific directory using bash

I am trying to use bash to automate the scan of a specific directory using clamav. Having this in place is a network requirement. The below is an attempt to: 1. count the extensions (.txt, .jpeg) in a directory and write them to a virus-scan.log (section in bold) 2. scan each folder in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan and remove if file infected using bash

The below bash runs clamav on all files in DIR and produces virus-scan.log. My question is the portion in bold is supposed to move the infected files, lines not OK, to /home/cmccabe/quarantine. Does the bash look correct? Thank you :). virus-scan.log Mon Jan 16 14:39:05 CST 2017... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
MAC-VENDOR(5)							File Formats Manual						     MAC-VENDOR(5)

NAME
mac-vendor - Ethernet vendor file for arp-scan SYNOPSIS
mac-vendor.txt DESCRIPTION
The mac-vendor.txt contains Ethernet MAC to vendor string mappings for arp-scan. It is used in addition to the IEEE OUI and IAB listings in ieee-oui.txt and ieee-iab.txt. It is for MAC-vendor mappings that are not covered by the IEEE manufacturer listings. Each line in the mac-vendor.txt file contains a MAC-vendor mapping in the form: <MAC-Prefix><TAB><Vendor> Where <MAC-Prefix> is the prefix of the MAC address in hex, and <Vendor> is the name of the vendor. The prefix can be of any length from two hex digits (one octet) to twelve hex digits (six octets, the entire Ethernet hardware address). The alphabetic hex characters [A-F] must be entered in upper case. For example: 012345 would match 01:23:45:xx:xx:xx, where xx represents any value; 0123456 would match 01:23:45:6x:xx:xx; and 01234567 would match 01:23:45:67:xx:xx. Blank lines and lines beginning with "#" are ignored. The order of entries in the file is not important. arp-scan will attempt to match larger prefixes before trying to match smaller ones, and will stop at the first match. FILES
/usr/local/share/arp-scan/mac-vendor.txt EXAMPLE
# From nmap Debian bug report #369681 dated 31 May 2006 525400 QEMU B0C420 Bochs # From RFC 2338: 00-00-5E-00-01-{VRID} 00005E0001 VRRP (last octet is VRID) # Microsoft WLBS (Windows NT Load Balancing Service) # http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/acs/reskit/acrkappb.mspx 02BF Microsoft WLBS (last four octets are IP address) AUTHOR
Roy Hills <Roy.Hills@nta-monitor.com> SEE ALSO
arp-scan(1) get-oui(1) get-iab(1) arp-fingerprint(1) http://www.nta-monitor.com/wiki/ The arp-scan wiki page. March 30, 2007 MAC-VENDOR(5)