Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Time difference command in Sun sorlaris Post 302674041 by methyl on Wednesday 18th of July 2012 10:53:50 PM
Old 07-18-2012
Quote:
Other eg's
Please post your Operating System and version and what Shell you use.
Please post whether you have the GNU date command.

Please post sample input data (already done), a better description of the process, and expected matching output data.

Last edited by methyl; 07-18-2012 at 11:56 PM.. Reason: deleted question which has been answered
This User Gave Thanks to methyl For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between sun solaris and linux?

Hi All, Iam curious to know wat are the differences between a sun machine and a linux machine?( In terms of architecture,applications etc) Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time difference

Hi All, I know there has been a lot of things that have been written about date arithmetic, but perhaps I have missed something.. The following script takes the input from a file name fail.txt with the following format: CLASSDB 20060328122808 CPPARMS 20060814222056 Where $1 is a file name... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Segwar
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Difference Sun Vs Linux

Hi All, I have a script in which an array is defined. when i run that on Linux box its fine but when i run on SunOS its points to the line where array is defined as below : syntax error at line 9 : `(' unexpected array defined as ID=( ~Hog ~Todd ~Mike ) Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Difference between Sun Cluster 3.1 and 3.2

Hi All, Can you please help to understand the major differences between Sun cluster 3.1 and 3.2. Thanks, Deepak (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time difference

Hi, I have a tab delimited file with GMT time. How to convert the GMT to PST time and store the line only if date falls to 2 days ago date. Say today is 16, date should be of 14. or else remove the line abc - - efg - - hij - - kln - - ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate time difference between start and end time of a process!

Hello All, I have a problem calculating the time difference between start and end timings...! the timings are given by 24hr format.. Start Date : 08/05/10 12:55 End Date : 08/09/10 06:50 above values are in mm/dd/yy hh:mm format. Now the thing is, 7th(08/07/10) and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
16 Replies

7. SCO

Time difference

Need some help please. I am running SCO Openserver 5.07 on a Windows 2003 Server with VMware Server 1 If I run # ps -ef|grep /etc/cron the date that it shows the cron process started is older than the date I get from running the uptime command. In other words it looks like the date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wjace
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time Difference

Is this way of finding the time difference a correct way of doing it or is it error-prone. #****Check if lastrun exist. If exists check if the difference is 1 hour or not and act accordingly*********************** if ; then lastrun_time=`cat $LOG_DIR/lastrun` curr_time=`date +%s` ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreekanthragi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time difference between two time stamps

Hi Friends, I have 2 varaibles which contain START=`date '+ %m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S'` END=`date '+ %m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S'` i want the time difference between the two variables in Seconds. Plz help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date difference in Sun OS 5.10

Hi, I need to find the difference between 2 dates in SunOS 5.10 input will be in(yyyymmdd) date1: 20131011 date2:20131012 my output shold be diff between two dates i.e 0,1,2,3 date2 is always greater than date1. if it handles even leap year then it wil be more helpful. thank u... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
2 Replies
BLAZE-ADD(1)						    BlazeBlogger Documentation						      BLAZE-ADD(1)

NAME
blaze-add - adds a blog post or a page to the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-add [-pqCPV] [-b directory] [-E editor] [-a author] [-d date] [-t title] [-k keywords] [-T tags] [-u url] [file...] blaze-add -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-add adds a blog post or a page to the BlazeBlogger repository. If a file is supplied, it adds the content of that file, otherwise an external text editor is opened for you. Note that there are several special forms and placeholders that can be used in the text, and that will be replaced with a proper data when the blog is generated. Special Forms <!-- break --> A mark to delimit a blog post synopsis. Placeholders %root% A relative path to the root directory of the blog. %home% A relative path to the index page of the blog. %page[id]% A relative path to a page with the supplied id. %post[id]% A relative path to a blog post with the supplied id. %tag[name]% A relative path to a tag with the supplied name. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -E editor, --editor editor Allows you to specify an external text editor. When supplied, this option overrides the relevant configuration option. -t title, --title title Allows you to specify the title of a blog post or page. -a author, --author author Allows you to specify the author of a blog post or page. -d date, --date date Allows you to specify the date of publishing of a blog post or page. -k keywords, --keywords keywords Allows you to specify a comma-separated list of keywords attached to a blog post or page. -T tags, --tags tags Allows you to supply a comma-separated list of tags attached to a blog post. -u url, --url url Allows you to specify the url of a blog post or page. Allowed characters are letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores. -p, --page, --pages Tells blaze-add to add a page or pages. -P, --post, --posts Tells blaze-add to add a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -C, --no-processor Disables processing a blog post or page with an external application. For example, if you use Markdown to convert the lightweight markup language to the valid HTML output, this will enable you to write this particular post in plain HTML directly. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. ENVIRONMENT
EDITOR Unless the core.editor option is set, BlazeBlogger tries to use system-wide settings to decide which editor to use. EXAMPLE USAGE
Write a new blog post in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-add Add a new blog post from a file: ~]$ blaze-add new_packages.txt Successfully added the post with ID 10. Write a new page in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-add -p Write a new page in nano: ~]$ blaze-add -p -E nano SEE ALSO
blaze-init(1), blaze-config(1), blaze-edit(1), blaze-remove(1), blaze-make(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-ADD(1)