Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change col to row using shell script..Very Complex Post 302673989 by asavaliya on Wednesday 18th of July 2012 06:08:02 PM
Old 07-18-2012
Bug Change row to col using shell script

Hi guys

I have file A with Below Data
Code:
ABC123	X1  X2  X3 
ABC123	Y1 Y33 Y4
ABC123	Z1 ZS2 ZL3
ABC234	P1 PP3 PP9
ABC234	Q1
ABC234	R1 P09 PO332 PO331 OKI12  

Now I want file B as below

Code:
ABC123	X1 X2 X3;Y1 Y33 Y4;Z1 ZS2 ZL3
ABC234	P1 PP3 PP9;Q1;R1 P09 PO332 PO331 OKI12

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by methyl; 07-18-2012 at 11:12 PM.. Reason: please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script add each row value

Hi, I wrote below small script which will add up each row value from a file and print the total, but it is not.plz let me know what is wrong.script hangs and not displaying anything. ----------------- while read line ; do sum=0; sum=$sum+$line; done echo $sum; exit 0; ------------------... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep_script
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Print line based on highest value of col (B) and repetion of values in col (A)

Hello everyone, I am writing a script to process data from the ATP world tour. I have a file which contains: t=540 y=2011 r=1 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=2 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=3 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=4 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=1 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=2 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=3 p=N409 The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imahmoud
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script: Traverse Database Table Row by Row

Hello Everyone, My issue is that I want to traverse a database table row by row and do some action on the value retrieved in each row. I have gone through a lot of shell script questions/posts. I could find row by row traversal of a file but not a database table. Please help. Thanks &... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahsan.asghar
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to join files with diff col # and row #?

I am a new user of Unix/Linux, so this question might be a bit simple! I am trying to join two (very large) files that both have different # of cols and rows in each file. I want to keep 'all' rows and 'all' cols from both files in the joint file, and the primary key variables are in the rows.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BNasir
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing from col x to end of line, except last col

Hello, I have some tab delimited data and I need to move the last col. I could hard code it, awk '{ print $1,$NF,$2,$3,$4,etc }' infile > outfile but it would be nice to know the syntax to print a range cols. I know in cut you can do, cut -f 1,4-8,11- to print fields 1,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying col values based on another col

Hi, Please help with this. I have several excel files (with and .xlsx format) with 10-15 columns each. They all have the same type of data but the columns are not ordered in the same way. Here is a 3 column example. What I want to do add the alphabet from column 2 to column 3, provided... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex calulation in shell script

Hi , I need one help to do some complex calculation in shell script. here is what i need to do:- a=2 b=2 c=2 d=2 result=a+(b/(20*c))+(c/(10*d)) is there any thing special there so that i can group intermdiate results. Please help me if you have any idea. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harpal singh
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read little complex values

Dear All, I have attached a file. In that I want to read some of the values like 1. ExecutionTime 2. ClockTime etc. I want to read at a specified time. How can I do that? Thanks & Regards, linuxUser_ (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to mark the row based on col value.?

Hi Gurus, I have requirement to identify the records based on one column value. the sample file as below: ID AMT, AMT1 100,10, 2 100,20, 3 200,30, 0 200, 40, 0 300, 20, 2 300, 50, 2 400, 20, 1 400, 60, 0 for each ID, there 2 records, if any one record amt1 is 0, the in 4th col add... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
5 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Read values in each col starting 3rd row.Print occurrence value.

Hello Friends, Hope all are doing fine. Here is a tricky issue. my input file is like this 07 10 14 20 21 03 15 27 30 32 01 10 11 19 30 02 06 14 15 17 01 06 20 25 29 Logic: 1. Please print another column as "0-0-0-0-0" for the first and second rows. 2. Read the first column... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
4 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Component - Base graphical unit DESCRIPTION
A Component is an entity with a graphical representation. SYNOPSIS
my $c = Graphics::Primitive::Component->new({ origin => Geometry::Primitive::Point->new({ x => $x, y => $y }), width => 500, height => 350 }); LIFECYCLE
prepare Most components do the majority of their setup in the prepare. The goal of prepare is to establish it's minimum height and width so that it can be properly positioned by a layout manager. $driver->prepare($comp); layout This is not a method of Component, but a phase introduced by the use of Layout::Manager. If the component is a container then each of it's child components (even the containers) will be positioned according to the minimum height and width determined during prepare. Different layout manager implementations have different rules, so consult the documentation for each for details. After this phase has completed the origin, height and width should be set for all components. $lm->do_layout($comp); finalize This final phase provides and opportunity for the component to do any final changes to it's internals before being passed to a driver for drawing. An example might be a component that draws a fleuron at it's extremities. Since the final height and width isn't known until this phase, it was impossible for it to position these internal components until now. It may even defer creation of this components until now. It is not ok to defer all action to the finalize phase. If you do not establish a minimum hieght and width during prepare then the layout manager may not provide you with enough space to draw. $driver->finalize($comp); draw Handled by Graphics::Primitive::Driver. $driver->draw($comp); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Component. Instance Methods background_color Set this component's background color. border Set this component's border, which should be an instance of Border. callback Optional callback that is fired at the beginning of the "finalize" phase. This allows you to add some sort of custom code that can modify the component just before it is rendered. The only argument is the component itself. Note that changing the position or the dimensions of the component will not re-layout the scene. You may have weird results of you manipulate the component's dimensions here. class Set/Get this component's class, which is an abitrary string. Graphics::Primitive has no internal use for this attribute but provides it for outside use. color Set this component's foreground color. fire_callback Method to execute this component's "callback". get_tree Get a tree for this component. Since components are -- by definiton -- leaf nodes, this tree will only have the one member at it's root. has_callback Predicate that tells if this component has a "callback". height Set this component's height. inside_bounding_box Returns a Rectangle that defines the edges of the 'inside' box for this component. This box is relative to the origin of the component. inside_height Get the height available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. inside_width Get the width available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. margins Set this component's margins, which should be an instance of Insets. Margins are the space outside the component's bounding box, as in CSS. The margins should be outside the border. maximum_height Set/Get this component's maximum height. Used to inform a layout manager. maximum_width Set/Get this component's maximum width. Used to inform a layout manager. minimum_height Set/Get this component's minimum height. Used to inform a layout manager. minimum_inside_height Get the minimum height available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. minimum_inside_width Get the minimum width available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. minimum_width Set/Get this component's minimum width. Used to inform a layout manager. name Set this component's name. This is not required, but may inform consumers of a component. Pay attention to that library's documentation. origin Set/Get the origin point for this component. outside_height Get the height consumed by padding, margin and borders. outside_width Get the width consumed by padding, margin and borders. finalize Method provided to give component one last opportunity to put it's contents into the provided space. Called after prepare. padding Set this component's padding, which should be an instance of Insets. Padding is the space inside the component's bounding box, as in CSS. This padding should be between the border and the component's content. page If true then this component represents stand-alone page. This informs the driver that this component (and any children) are to be renderered on a single surface. This only really makes sense in formats that have pages such as PDF of PostScript. prepare Method to prepare this component for drawing. This is an empty sub and is meant to be overridden by a specific implementation. preferred_height Set/Get this component's preferred height. Used to inform a layout manager. preferred_width Set/Get this component's preferred width. Used to inform a layout manager. to_string Get a string representation of this component in the form of: $name $x,$y ($widthx$height) visible Set/Get this component's visible flag. width Set/Get this component's width. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-geometry-primitive at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Geometry-Primitive <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Geometry-Primitive>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2009 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2011-06-02 Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)