Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: is there a backup running
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers is there a backup running Post 302673459 by Noewon on Wednesday 18th of July 2012 02:13:08 AM
Old 07-18-2012
Thanks for your assistance. /var/spool/cron had a single line calling a script from another directory. In that script, the line doing all the work is:

Code:
find . -path './mnt' -prune -o -path './tmp' -prune -o -path './sys' -prune -o -path './proc' -prune -o -print | cpio -ocB >$TAPE 2>&1

TAPE is /dev/st0

Any ideas on how to verify/view the contents of the archive?

Last edited by Noewon; 07-18-2012 at 03:40 AM.. Reason: included code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to prevent job1 from running while job2 is running..

Hi, Please I need your expert advise on how to prevent/lock from execution job1 while job2 is still running in Unix... THanks:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tikang
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check backup file size on backup tape

Hi, I performed backup on tape and I want to append more files to my previous backup on the same backup tape. But before I do that I need to know the backup file size of the first backup I performed so that I know the available size on the backup tape. Can someone help me what command I will use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
0 Replies

3. SCO

Backup to SCSI Tape Backup aborts

I am trying to make a full backup of my system using the cpio command. The Tape Unit is a SCSI DDS. The process started fine but after about 30 minutes, it just stopped and showed the following message: 1755 Signal 31 - Core dumped Any idea of what is causing this and how to fix it? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionpc
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Running from Shell Vs running from RC script

Hi, i have a script which need to do behave differently when run as a startup process from init.d/ rc2.d script and when run manually from shell. How do i distinguish whether my script is run by init process or by shell?? Will the command /proc/$$/psinfo | grep "myscript" work well???... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

backup a file and keep every version of the backup

I am trying to backup my .bash_history and I want to keep every version of the backup. I am thinking to put one of these in my crontab. 0 0 * * 0,3 cat .bash_history > boo 0 0 * * 0,3 cp .bash_history boo I would like the backups to be called boo1, boo2, boo3, etc. I would like to keep... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup script / Test if script is already running

Hello everyone, I have 2 questions : 1) I have a backup shell script, let's call it backup.sh, that is called every hour as a cron job. As a matter of fact a backup could last more than one hour. It mounts a NAS and then do some rsync on important directories, so really I don't want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

CRON JOB not running - for tape backup from root user

I am trying a cron on root user to backup to tape using TAR command here is the cron entry 11 08 * * 6 /erdhot1cron 2>&1 >> /test3/scripts/dba/erdhot1cron.log here is script inside - edhot1cron #!/bin/bash vsysdt=`date +%d%m%y` date tar -cvf /dev/st0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaymec50
4 Replies
GIT-PRUNE(1)							    Git Manual							      GIT-PRUNE(1)

NAME
git-prune - Prune all unreachable objects from the object database SYNOPSIS
git prune [-n] [-v] [--expire <expire>] [--] [<head>...] DESCRIPTION
Note In most cases, users should run git gc, which calls git prune. See the section "NOTES", below. This runs git fsck --unreachable using all the refs available in refs/, optionally with additional set of objects specified on the command line, and prunes all unpacked objects unreachable from any of these head objects from the object database. In addition, it prunes the unpacked objects that are also found in packs by running git prune-packed. Note that unreachable, packed objects will remain. If this is not desired, see git-repack(1). OPTIONS
-n, --dry-run Do not remove anything; just report what it would remove. -v, --verbose Report all removed objects. -- Do not interpret any more arguments as options. --expire <time> Only expire loose objects older than <time>. <head>... In addition to objects reachable from any of our references, keep objects reachable from listed <head>s. EXAMPLE
To prune objects not used by your repository nor another that borrows from your repository via its .git/objects/info/alternates: $ git prune $(cd ../another && $(git rev-parse --all)) NOTES
In most cases, users will not need to call git prune directly, but should instead call git gc, which handles pruning along with many other housekeeping tasks. For a description of which objects are considered for pruning, see git fsck's --unreachable option. SEE ALSO
git-fsck(1), git-gc(1), git-reflog(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-PRUNE(1)