Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to execute a program present on another server using SFTP in perl Post 302673447 by anandgodse on Wednesday 18th of July 2012 01:39:17 AM
Old 07-18-2012
Bug how to execute a program present on another server using SFTP in perl

Hi,
I want to execute a program which is present on another server.
i want to use SFTP in perl, is it possible? how ?
thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute java program from perl

hello all how can i run the java command that can eccept N numbers of args for example : java -cp .;foo.jar myApp 1 "ww" or java -cp .;foo.jar myApp 1 2 3 "ww" or java -cp .;foo.jar myApp "args1" "args2" "args3" Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp- file not present in the remote location

I'm able to connect to the remote server (server_name). But when i'm transferring the files, its getting transferred. But the file is not there in the remote location. I tried with a zero byte and 5 byte file sftp6 -P <port-no> --password=file:///<file having the pwd>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: help_scr_seeker
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a shell script present on another server using perl script.

Hi, I am working on a sever A. I want to write a perl script to execute a shell script persent on the server B. please help me in this. thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandgodse
3 Replies

5. Solaris

how to execute shell script present in unix machine remotely from windows

how to execute shell script present in unix machine remotely from windows? I having a shell script in my unix machine, need to execute the script remotely from my windows machine using Visual Basic or VBA macros. Thanks In Advance. --Suresh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshmani
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to execute shell script on remote server with in sftp session

Hi, I want to execute shell script with in sftp session for remote server. like i have a shell script test.sh that is on local server.i want to execute that script on remote server sftp user@192.168.56.10 sftp> test.sh ---execute for remote server not for local server. sftp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SAUD PASHA
3 Replies

7. Solaris

[Solved] No tty present and no askpass program specified!

Hi Guys, I use a script sdcmdeploy.ksh to deploy java application to respective dev/test environment. This script is being executed on SunOS. These apps are weblogic apps & the script internally calls weblogic deploy script to deploy application to weblogic cluster. But at this point it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj100
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute command present config file?

I have written the following shell script #!/bin/bash file="/home/CSV/data.csv" badfile="/home/CSV/bad/" while IFS= read -r line do num_fields=`echo "$line" | awk -F'|' '{print NF}'` field1=`echo "$line" | awk -F'|' '{print $1}'` echo $num_fields echo $field1 done <"$file" the code is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tomar
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

No tty present and no askpass program specified

I am trying to rsync files from NodeA to NodeB. Using the below command. /usr/bin/rsync -v -a -e "ssh" --rsync-path="sudo -u msd rsync" /home/ansible/templates/app/Sprint6/webapps eric@NodeB:/opt/msdp/ca/iam_cac I can only ssh into NodeB as eric user but I want files placed as msd user.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
4 Replies
libssh2_sftp_rmdir_ex(3)					  libssh2 manual					  libssh2_sftp_rmdir_ex(3)

NAME
libssh2_sftp_rmdir_ex - remove an SFTP directory SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> #include <libssh2_sftp.h> int libssh2_sftp_rmdir_ex(LIBSSH2_SFTP *sftp, const char *path, unsigned int path_len); DESCRIPTION
Remove a directory from the remote file system. sftp - SFTP instance as returned by libssh2_sftp_init(3) sourcefile - Full path of the existing directory to remove. sourcefile_len - Length of the full path of the existing directory to remove. RETURN VALUE
Return 0 on success or negative on failure. It returns LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN when it would otherwise block. While LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN is a negative number, it isn't really a failure per se. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_TIMEOUT - LIBSSH2_ERROR_SFTP_PROTOCOL - An invalid SFTP protocol response was received on the socket, or an SFTP operation caused an errorcode to be returned by the server. SEE ALSO
libssh2_sftp_init(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_sftp_rmdir_ex(3)