Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Wish to install Linux Mint 13, Mepis and Solus OS. Help! Post 302673173 by saad1gamer on Tuesday 17th of July 2012 02:55:56 PM
Old 07-17-2012
Yes I used Linux a few years ago. I used Linux Mint. I installed it myself and before it was easier to install it than now. I have read that Debian 6 stable is very stable. My earlier experience with Mint was not good. It was very buggy. So I thought to install a Debain stable based distro; thus I selected Solus OS for its Gnome DE and Mepis for its KDE DE. About wishing to install Linux Mint again I would say that I have read that the current version of Ubuntu 12.04 is very stable and not buggy and since Mint 13 is based on Ubuntu 12.04 I would like to use it as it works out of the box. I plan to use the distro which is the most stable and bug free. I require your help to install these distros so kindly help! Smilie

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Wireless issues in Linux Mint.

I am running Linux Mint Gloria on my PC. I have ADSL broadband connection which require login and pswd connection to connect. I have SmartAX MT841 modem which has wireless card free with it. I also have recently purchased DELL inspiron 1545 machine which have Vista preinstalled in it. Now I want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: budtuxy
0 Replies

2. Linux

Can not get wireless to register in linux mint?

I just installed linux mint 11 yesterday. I cannot get the wireless to register, it says that firmware is missing but I can not figure out how to make it work. I am still a newbie and would appreciate any help possible. Thank you. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: breebutner
7 Replies

3. Debian

Linux Mint 16

I use linux mint 16 and I'm new to live ux. what should I know? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cryptek
4 Replies
PK-DEBUGINFO-INSTA(1)						  [FIXME: manual]					     PK-DEBUGINFO-INSTA(1)

NAME
pk-debuginfo-install - Debugging Packages Installer SYNOPSIS
pk-debuginfo-install [--help] [--verbose] [--simulate] [--no-depends] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pk-debuginfo-install command. pk-debuginfo-install is the command line client for installing debuginfo packages. WHY DO I NEED DEBUGINFO PACKAGES
? When a program crashes, it's often useful to send the developer a backtrace which contains symbol names and variable contents, rather than memory addresses. To make this possible, extra packages called debug packages can be installed. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --help Show summary of options. --noninteractive Do not be interactive and skip the confirmation before the packages are installed. --verbose Show extra debugging information. --simulate Don't actually install any packages, only simulate what would be installed. --no-depends Do not scan for, or install dependencies of the core packages. --quiet Do not display information or progress to the terminal. RETURN VALUES
0 Success, at least one package was installed 1 Failed with miscellaneous internal error. 3 Failed to get software sources list. 4 Failed to enable software sources. 5 Failed as nothing to do. 6 Failed to find dependant packages. 7 Failed to install. 8 Failed to disable software sources. SEE ALSO
pkmon (1). pkcon(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Richard Hughes richard@hughsie.com. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Richard Hughes [FIXME: source] 29 July,2009 PK-DEBUGINFO-INSTA(1)