Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need IBM PowerVM
Operating Systems AIX Need IBM PowerVM Post 302673171 by babinlonston on Tuesday 17th of July 2012 02:54:20 PM
Old 07-17-2012
No Other way like vmware player or vmware workstation or like virtual box ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

PowerVM Express and IVM limitations

When using PowerVM Express and IVM (no HMC) on a Power6 P520 , can I configure 2 LPARs in addition to a VIO server, or does the VIO Server count as one of the two LPAR's that PowerVM Express allows? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JodyTek
1 Replies

2. AIX

PowerVM HA questions

hi guys, i need to develop following setup for a customer: high availability oracle database on aix7 and linux in 2 different LPAR using dual ps700 blande a ds3400 and HMC. the question is, it is possible to have automatic vioc failover(aix,linux) when for example 1 vios goes down? in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gullio23
6 Replies

3. AIX

IBM VIOS POWERVM IVM error

Hi, When I try to login on my vios ivm website http://vios through the browser -- all three of them -- firefox , chrome , Internet Explorer , i get this error http://vioserver/j_security_check I have java installed on the machine from where i am trying to open up the IVM/VIOS webpage. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

4. AIX

IBM Power Pseries Open Firmware boot / VIOS POWERVM VET CODE

Hello, I installed PowerVM IVM Virtual I/O on P-550 but later found out that the machine isn't activated for CoD VET code for virtualization. So when booted , it goes into OPEN Firmware I/O Hosting requires a hosting partition boot not permitted exit called > ok Panel shows > IO... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

5. AIX

Some questions about Intellistation 285 and powervm

Some simple questions about Intellistation 285 and powervm. I want to learn AIX,so i will buy an used I285 from ebay. 1)Will support aix 7.1? 2)Is powervm avaliable?Where to download or buy it? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
3 Replies

6. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies

7. AIX

PowerVM/lpar creation problems

Hi, I'm a newbie to PowerVM and LPARs ( I work with VmWare and Oracle VM Server for Sparc) .recently we purchased an 8202-e4b server, with two enclosures for add'l disk capacity. it is licensed for PowerVM standard,came preloaded as such, AIX 7.1. I've set up HMC v8.2, and run it through a VM on... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: computron
30 Replies

8. AIX

PowerVM SEA etherchannel performance ?

Hello, POWER7 machine. 4 x 1Gbit port ethernet adapter is dedicated to vios. 8023ad etherchannel is created using those 4 ports. Etherchannel adapter is shared to lpars using SEA. If I test network performance directly from vios partition (using iperf) I'm geting nice 4Gbit throughput. But if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies

9. AIX

Revisiting IBM PowerVM VIOS AIX

coming from this thread: https://www.unix.com/aix/211107-ibm-power-pseries-open-firmware-boot-vios-powervm-vet-code.html PowerVM, formerly known as Advanced Power Virtualization (APV), is a chargeable feature of IBM POWER5, POWER6, POWER7, POWER8, and POWER9 servers and is required for support... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

10. AIX

Powervm ivm vios

Hello, After installing on P6 which is POWERVM IVM VIOS enabled (VET CODE D21C77ACD9229817CA1F00002C10004164 ) i get this message "I/O hosting requires a hosting partition - boot not permitted". HMC was connected to the machine then HMC was removed through ASMI Searching on... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
PMDAVMWARE(1)						       Performance Co-Pilot						     PMDAVMWARE(1)

NAME
pmdavmware - VMware performance metrics domain agent (PMDA) DESCRIPTION
pmdavmware is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which exports metric values from a (possibly remote) VMware virtualisation host. This implementation uses the VMare Perl API (refer to the online docs at http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/viperltoolkit). VIPerl is a prerequisite for this PMDA, it needs to be installed and configured before attempting to use this agent. It is highly recommended that you test your VIPerl installation using the demo programs that are shipped with VIPerl, before attempting to use this PMDA. INSTALLATION
In order to access performance data using the VIPerl API, it is necessary to be able to login to the metrics source. Hence, a valid VMware server name, user name and pass word are needed by the PMDA. These can be passed in on the command line (via the pmcd.conf file) or via a vmware.conf file in the PMDA directory. # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/vmware # [ edit vmware.conf ] This file should contain three lines, such as: $server = 'vm.server.net'; $username = 'XXXX'; $password = 'YYYY'; Once this is setup, you can access the names and values for the vmware performance metrics by doing the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/vmware # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/vmware # ./Remove pmdavmware is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. FILES
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/vmware/vmware.conf configuration file for the pmdavmware agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/vmware/Install installation script for the pmdavmware agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/vmware/Remove undo installation script for the pmdavmware agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/vmware.log default log file for error messages from pmdavmware SEE ALSO
pmcd(1). 3.8.10 Performance Co-Pilot PMDAVMWARE(1)