Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Trouble appending string constant to variable Post 302673027 by buechler66 on Tuesday 17th of July 2012 10:58:08 AM
Old 07-17-2012
Thank you both. Have it working now. Thanks for your time.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending string to text file based on search string

Hi, I need to append string "Hi" to the beginning of the lines containing some specific string. How can I achieve that? Please help. Malay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
1 Replies

2. Programming

'strlen' of a constant string

In a declaration, I have: const char comment_begin = "<!--"; const char comment_end = "-->"; const int comment_begin_len = strlen(comment_begin); const int comment_end_len = strlen(comment_end); When I compile, I get the warnings: emhttpc.c:64: warning: initializer element is not... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleopard
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

choose random text between constant string.. using awk?

Hallo I have maybe a little bit advanced request.... I need to choose one random part betwen %.... so i have this.. % text1 text1 text1 text1 text1 text1 text1 text1 text1 % text2 text2 text2 text2 text2 % text3 text3 text3 tetx3 % this choose text between % awk ' /%/... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandwich
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending string, variable to file at the start and string at end

Hi , I have below file with 13 columns. I need 2-13 columns seperated by comma and I want to append each row with a string "INSERT INTO xxx" in the begining as 1st column and then a variable "$node" and then $2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9,$10,$11,$12,$13 and at the end another string " ; COMMIT;" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaddadi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with sed and substituting a string with special characters in variable

Hey guys, I know that title is a mouthful - I'll try to better explain my struggles a little better... What I'm trying to do is: 1. Query a db and output to a file, a list of column data. 2. Then, for each line in this file, repeat these values but wrap them with: ITEM{ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ampsys
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to solve awk: line 1: runaway string constant error?

Hi All ! I am just trying to print bash variable in awk statement as string here is my script n=1 for file in `ls *.tk |sort -t"-" -k2n,2`; do ak=`(awk 'FNR=='$n'{print $0}' res.dat)` awk '{print "'$ak'",$0}' OFS="\t" $file n=$((n+1)) unset ak doneI am getting following error awk:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
7 Replies

7. Programming

String Constant C

I wonder string constant exists permanently or temporary. For example, printf("hello, world"); the function printf access to it is through a pointer. Does it mean storage is allocated for the string constant to exist permanently in memory? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris26
4 Replies
mcd(1)							      General Commands Manual							    mcd(1)

NAME
mcd - mtools utility to change or report the DOS working directory SYNOPSIS
mcd [msdosdirectory] DESCRIPTION
Without arguments, the mcd command reports the current device and working directory. Otherwise, the mcd command changes the current device and current working directory relative to a DOS file system. Unlike the DOS command CD, the mcd command can be used to change to another device. The environment variable MCWD can be used to locate the file where the device and current working directory information is stored. The default is $HOME/.mcwd. The file is created if it does not exist and a msdosdirectory is specified. DOS pathnames that contain the '/' or '' separator are supported. If you use the '' separator or wildcards, you must enclose file names in quotes to protect them from the shell. The mcd command supports the use of to move back one directory in the tree, however, multiple relative moves such as are not supported and do not affect your current position in the directory tree. NOTES
At logout time, it is advisable to remove old files. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: Success. Failure. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of mcd: If set, this variable names the file that contains the name of the current mtools working directory as established by the mcd command. If this variable is not set, the file $HOME/.mcwd is used. FILES
Contains the name of the current mtools working directory as established by the mcd command. If this file does not exist, the default mtools working directory is A:. Executable file SEE ALSO
Commands: mdir(1), mtools(1) mcd(1)