Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using awk to get specific section of lines in logs Post 302672945 by CarloM on Tuesday 17th of July 2012 09:46:58 AM
Old 07-17-2012
What do you want to do with it? Output just the datim, or check for lines that contain a specified date?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing lines with specific awk NF

I have this files: ./frm/lf_mt1_cd.Ic_cell_template.attr ./die/addgen_tb_pumd.Ic_cell_template.attr ./min_m1_n.Ic_cell_template.attr When I use: awk -F\/ '{print NF}' Would result to: 3 3 2 I would like to list the files with 3 fields on it. Any Suggestions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jehrome_rando
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print specific lines with awk

Hi! How can I print out a specific range of rows, like "cat file | awk NR==5,NR==9", but in the END-statement? I have a small awk-script that finds specific rows in a file and saves the line number in an array, like this: awk ' BEGIN { count=0} /ZZZZ/ { list=NR ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bugenhagen
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a specific section and modify within

Hi, I am n00b to shell scripting and I am learning Ksh, sed and awk. I have a requirement and need your help. 1) How to read a specific section of a file. I have a file and I want to read the contents between say "Page Number:1" to "End of Page 1" 2) Within the section of the file that was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kn.naresh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or Awk to remove specific lines

I have searched the forum for this - forgive me if I missed a previous post. I have the following file: blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah alter table "informix".esc_acct add constraint (foreign key (fi_id) references "informix".fi ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : deleting specific incorrect lines

Hello friends, I searched in forums for similar threads but what I want is to have a single awk code to perform followings; I have a big log file going like this; ... 7450494 1724465 -47 003A98B710C0 7450492 1724461 -69 003A98B710C0 7450488 1724459 001DA1915B70 trafo_14:3 7450482... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: enes71
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing over specific lines and replacing the lines with the sum using sed, awk

Hi friends, This is sed & awk type question. I have a text file which has numbers spread all over the file. I want to sum the series of numbers whenever i find it and produce an output file with the sum. For example ###start of input text file #### abc def ghi 1 2 3 4 kjld random... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a lines to specific section of the file.

Hello, I have to a add 2 lines to /etc/sudoers file under this section below, can someone please suggest script to add these two lines when execute this remotely on to a multiple servers. before ## Allow root to run any commands anywhere root ALL=(ALL) ALL After ## Allow root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep logs for errors and receive specific additional lines?

Hi there, I have a script that I've used to find errors in my Minecraft Server logs. But I'd like to refine that script to be more useful. Here is the script: grep -n "SEVERE" /minecraft/server.log | awk -F":" '{print $1-2 "," $1+10 "p"}' | xargs -t -i sed -n {} /minecraft/server.log >>... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to add value and text to specific lines

In the awk I have a very large tab-delimeted file that I am trying to extract the DP= value put it in $16 and add specific text to $16 with . (dot) in $11-$15 and $18. Only the lines (there are several) that have the formating below in file will have an empty $16. Other lines will be in a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)