Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find and copy files based on todays date and search for a particular string Post 302672853 by mail.chiranjit on Tuesday 17th of July 2012 05:54:36 AM
Old 07-17-2012
Question Find and copy files based on todays date and search for a particular string

Hi All,
I am new to shell srcipting.

Problem :

I need to write a script which copy the log files from /prod/logs directory based on todays date like (Jul 17) and place it to /home/hzjnr0 directory and then search the copied logfiles for the string "@ending successfully on Thu Jul 17". If this string is not found then a mail will be sent to specific user.

The logs are generated everyday in a /prod/logs directory location and with datestamp like (Jul 10).

Can anyone suggest any logic to implement this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on modification date

How to copy files from a location to a directory <YYMM> based on last modification date? This will need to run daily. I want to copy those file for May to 0905 and Jun to 0906. Appreciate your guidance.:) Thanks. -rw-rw-rw- 1 ttusr tgrp 4514 May 29 21:49 AB24279J.lot_a... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on date

Hi all i am having so many files in my directory.Is there any option to copy files based on date. example i am having file this -rw-rw-r-- 1 ram user 1 Feb 2 17:12 abc -rw-rw-r-- 1 ram user 1 Feb 2 17:12 bnw -rwxrwxr-x 1 ram user 21122 Feb 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files having todays date and hostname in its name.

Hello, I am quite new to unix/shell and want to write a script using bash which will process the files. Basically i want to search files having name as "date+hostname+somestring.out" i am using below variables and then will use them in find command :- TODAY_DATE=$('date +%d')... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apm
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on last created date

Hi, I have a requirement to copy files from a windows network drive to a Linux server using shell script based on the last created date. Ex: FileName CreatedDate/Time F1 05-01-2012 3:00 PM F2 05-01-2012 3:15 PM F3 05-01-2012 2:00 PM When i run the shell script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lee_10
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to find date based on search string for continuesly updating file

Hi All, I am very new to UNIX and I have tried this for a longtime now and unable to crack it.... There is a file that is continuously updating. I need to search for the string and find the date @ which it updated every day..... eg: String is "work started" The log entry is as below: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nithz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to compare two files of todays date and yesterday's date

hi all, How to compare two files whether they are same are not...? like i had my input files as 20141201_file.txt and 20141130_file2.txt how to compare the above files based on date .. like todays file and yesterdays file...? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to keep todays files based on Timestamp

Hi i need to keep todays files based on timestamp and archive the remaining files ex: Managerial_Country_PRD_20150907.csv Managerial_Country_PRD_20150907.csv Managerial_Country_PRD_20150906.csv Managerial_Country_PRD_20150905.csv (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram1228
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find and copy .zip file based on today's date

Hi Team, I'm new to unix and i have a requirement to copy or move files from one directory to another based on current date mentioned in the .zip file name. Note that i need to copy only the recent zip file. please help me with the code i tried the code as: #! /usr/bin/sh find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find string based on pattern and search for its corresponding rows in column

Experts, Need your support for this awk script. we have only one input file, all these column 1 and column 2 are in same file and have to do lookup for values in one file(column1 and column2) but output we need in another file Need to grep row whose string contains 9K from column 1. When found... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
6 Replies
FAXCRON(8)						      System Manager's Manual							FAXCRON(8)

NAME
faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ] DESCRIPTION
faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked from cron(8) on behalf of the fax user (often the ``fax'' user is uucp) once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for the fax user: 25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster The faxcron script does the following work: o report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week. o report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile received in the past week. o report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the associated trace log; o purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine information directory; o delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log files; o remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day; o remove files in the received facsimile queue that are 7 days or older; o report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and o force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept with protection mode 644. OPTIONS
-n Forces faxcron to run without updating any files. -l lastrun Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of the form ``MM/DD/YY HH:MM'' (the date(1) format string ``%D %H:%M''). -info n Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n days. -log n Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days. -rcv n Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile queue to be n days. -tmp n Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be n days. -mode m Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command line argument to chmod(1)). NOTES
This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date (1) program that supports the ``+format'' option. If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It should also be run with ``-mode 0600'' so that session log files are not publicly readable.) FILES
/var/spool/hylafax spooling area /var/spool/hylafax/status/lastrun timestamp of last run /usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics /usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls SEE ALSO
cron(8), faxq(8), faxgetty(8), faxsend(8), xferfaxstats(8), recvstats(8), hylafax-server(5) May 12, 1996 FAXCRON(8)