Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting calling a shell script present on another server using perl script. Post 302672787 by PikK45 on Tuesday 17th of July 2012 02:14:14 AM
Old 07-17-2012
What have you tried?? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling CGI Perl in Shell script [urgent]

All I want to call a perl program from my shell script. Please help me. I want to call through URL only. Like " http://www.test.com/CGI-bin/test?test=value" Please help to write this script. Thanx in advance. Thanking you Regards Deepak Xavier (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a shell script from perl

Hi all, Not sure if this is the right forum to post query regarding perl script. I have a perl script which internally calls a shell script. My problem is that the shell script should be passed command line arguments. I call a shell script from perl using: system("sript.sh"); How do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a shell script from a perl script

Hi, I have one shel script which returns some value and I am calling this shell script from a perl script which needs the out put/return value of shell script. But I don't know how to collect the output/return value of the shell script. Can any one give some idea on it? For example: The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling perl script in shell program

How to call a perl script in shell program / shell scripting. PLS HELP ME (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hravisankar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling perl subroutine from shell script (sh)

Hi, ive a perl script, where it has a subroutine clear() in it, and i've one shell script which runs in background, from that shell script i wanted to call subroutine which is in perl script, that's perl script is not module, just simple script. Eg: perl script <test> #!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asarunkumar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to accept arguments in shell script when calling in perl

I have a shell script like this: #!/bin/sh $PYTHON MetarDecoder.py < ../data/mtrs/arg1/arg2 And I'm calling it with this in perl: my $output = `./metar_parse.sh --options`; It's successful when I put in actual values for arg1 and arg2 in the shell script, but I'd like to pass arguments... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: civilsurfer
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How we can pass the argument when calling shell script from perl script

Can someone let me know how could I achieve this In one of per script I am calling the shell script but I need to so one thing that is one shell script call I need to pass pne argument.In below code I am calling my ftp script but here I want to pass one argument so how could I do this (e.g:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Calling PERL from a Korn shell script

I am currently in Afghanistan and do not have access to some of the resources I normally do back in the US. Just accessed this site and it looks promising! Hopefully you will not find my question too much of a waste of your time. I write mostly Korn Shell and PERL on Solaris systems for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mseanowen
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a shell script from another server

hi All, There is a requirement where i need to call a script which is on another server(say server2). Any pointers on how i can achieve this? I tried the command ssh **ipaddress** /home/mqm/jay.sh but its not working...after typing in the command the cursor goes to the next line thats... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayii
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling perl from shell script

I am calling a perl script from shell script. $ cat mah_appln_bkp_oln.ksh #!/bin/ksh . /udb/home/udbappln/.profile . /udb/home/udbappln/sqllib/db2profile Com=/udb/udbappln/utility/systemscripts/currentUMR perl $Com/backup.pl -d dbname --tsm --purgetsmcopies 21 --purgetsmlogs exit 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
1 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)