Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting '*' vs. '@' in Korn Shell Array Variables Post 302672503 by Scott on Monday 16th of July 2012 12:17:24 PM
Old 07-16-2012
Hi.

The best definition I could find:

Quote:
When subscript is *, the list of array subscripts for vname is generated ... When subscript is @, same as above, except that when used in double quotes, each array subscript yields a separate argument.
This User Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle To Korn Shell Array

I'm attempting to populate an array in ksh using the following command: set -A $(SELECT_INVOICE | sed '/^$/d') SELECT_INVOICE is a function that executes the SQL query. Problem: Some of the invoice numbers have alpha characters with spaces(example: OVEN MICRO). The Korn shell is treating... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdst
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell array?

I read it is possible to provide values for an array with the -A option to the read statement; however, I have not been able to get this to work. When I execute a script with the -A option to the read statement, the shell complains that it is an illegal option. If this works, can someone provide... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables Naming in Korn Shell

Hi every body, I want to know what is the different between the following: $VAR1 ${VAR2} "${VAR3}" Are they equivalent? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

I can't decalar an array in my korn shell script

I have a script that contains #!/usr/bin/ksh set -A X 'hallo' 'world' echo ${X} echo ${X} when I execute it I get an errror message sh ./test.ksh ./test.ksh: -A: bad option(s) but if I do this at the command prompt I am able to create it set -A myarray '1' '2' '3' echo ${myarray}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zilla30066
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to: Parse text string into variables using Korn shell

I am writing a script to keep check on free disk space, and I would like to find a way to parse $LINE (see code below) into a numeric value (for free disk space percentage) and a string value (for mount point). If possible, I would like to avoid sed or any additional use of awk since I am not very... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shew01
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Accessing PL/SQL OUT variables in Korn Shell Script

Hello All, I was just wondering if there is any direct way to access PL/SQL OUT variables from Korn Shell Script. I could already figure out how to return a single value back from PL/SQL to Shell Script (using bind variable). But, what if we want to return multiple values? One option I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bright_future
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with korn shell array

I have a korn shell script that reads a file with just one column in the file. If the file has more than 5 entries it is split using split -5. This means that is we have 15 entries I will end up with 3 files with 5 entries/lines in each and if I have 23 entries I will end up with 5 files with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate array name at run time Korn shell

Hi, I am trying to define number of array based on constant derived during execution phase of a script. Here is what i am trying.. #First Part, Get LUN input from User lun_count=4 count=0 set -A my_lun while : do while ]; do read L?"Enter Lun "$count" Number:" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris2107
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

floating point variables korn shell

Hi I'm not using Korn93 but want to use floating point variable. Is there any solution to do that ? thx for help. ---------- Post updated at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:38 PM ---------- I have the following peace of code: for n in `cat log.January.1.array` do ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Array maximum value less than other value

I have a text file with several key words that I am trying to isolate. I have grepped for the unknowns in the text file, but each unknown has a corresponding location. I have created an array that holds all the unknowns and another array that holds all of the locations and compares them based on... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ther2000
12 Replies
PPI::Structure::Subscript(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      PPI::Structure::Subscript(3)

NAME
PPI::Structure::Subscript - Braces that represent an array or hash subscript SYNOPSIS
# The end braces for all of the following are subscripts $foo->[...] $foo[...] $foo{...}[...] $foo->{...} $foo{...} $foo[]{...} INHERITANCE
PPI::Structure::Subscript isa PPI::Structure isa PPI::Node isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
"PPI::Structure::Subscript" is the class used for square and curly braces that specify one element of an array or hash (or a slice/subset of an array or hash) METHODS
"PPI::Structure::Subscript" has no methods beyond those provided by the standard PPI::Structure, PPI::Node and PPI::Element methods. Got any ideas for methods? Submit a report to rt.cpan.org! SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Structure::Subscript(3)