Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux telnet doesn't want to connect with mail servers Post 302672467 by Corona688 on Monday 16th of July 2012 11:40:39 AM
Old 07-16-2012
If it can telnet to some things but not others, it's not a problem with your box, but the destination.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Re-connect to floating telnet sessions

We use SCO OSR5 with TermLIte to create telnet sessions. If you accidently click X on the TermLite screen and exit the session you leave process running. I've heard of a program that will allow you to re-connect to these 'floating' sessions and then be able to carry on your session. Does anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikeh
2 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Linux mail servers benchmarks (Qmail, Sendmail,Postfix)

New Linux mail servers benchmarks website. Check out http://benchmarks.dmz.ro . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cipango
0 Replies

3. Solaris

connect whit Telnet without password

It's possible to connect whit Telnet (or rlogin) whithout password??? I must write a script (this script run on a windows machine), then after the connection on Unix machine, run a perl script and exit. I can know if an host can be consedered "Trusted" like SSH protocol? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raffyTxT
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

e-mail client supporting HTTP mail servers

Hi all I want to know, is there any e-mail client in linux which supports HTTP mail servers. i am using fedora2. as far as investigated or tried I only find POP or IMAP mail server configuration in mozilla mail, ximian and there were no option such as HTTP. I can easily see my e-mail while i am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: babayeve
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script to connect sftp servers

Dear friends, i need to connect sftp server from my home directory using script . Please can anyone help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect two servers in shell script

Hello all, I know that is a question which has made too many times, and I have been looking into the threads but all posted was not sucessfully for me so... I need a shell script which connect two unix servers, but NOT using ssh... Is there another way to do it? I've tried ssh but it didn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Geller
1 Replies

7. AIX

Connect HMC to remote servers

I'm trying to connect a few servers in different remote locations to my HMC. I added static IPs to the Service Processor through ASM, and did all the necessary network configurations, then connected those servers to our switch. Now my questions are: - in our site, do I need to connect these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dardeer
4 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

When i start CSF i cant connect VPS or download any data into it It appears i cant connect Linux VP?

It appears i cant connect linux VPS server via SSH or i cant SCP any file to it and i cant wget any file TO it (from inside it) while CSF (Config Server Firewall, LFD is running. Just after isntall in default configuration and after changing TESTING mode to LIVE mode. Trying to wget & install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can we connect multiple servers at a time?

help me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connect direct - SFTP - List of servers that I can connect

Greetings Experts, I am working for a bank client and have a question on connect-direct and SFTP. We are using Linux RedHat servers. We use connect-direct to transfer (NDM) files from one server to another server. At times, we manually transfer the files using SFTP from one server to another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies
ipsec_policy(1M)														  ipsec_policy(1M)

NAME
ipsec_policy - HP-UX IPSec policy tester SYNOPSIS
src_ip_addr] dst_ip_addr] src_port] dst_port] DESCRIPTION
is a utility program that allows the HP-UX IPSec Administrator to query the active policy database to determine which host IPsec Policy will be used for an IP packet based on a packet descriptor, or 5-tuple, and the direction. The packet descriptor consists of a source IP address, source port number, destination IP address, destination port number, and network protocol. If the host policy uses dynamic key Security Associations, also displays the authentication record and IKE policy selected. If the authentication record contains two values for the IKE (KMP) version, uses the first value and selects the IKE policy according to this value. If the host policy uses a tunnel pol- icy, also displays the tunnel policy used. requires the optional HP-UX IPSec software. You must have superuser capabilities to run the utility. Command-Line Arguments recognizes the following command-line options and arguments: Specifies the source IP address (src_ip_addr) of the packet. If the direction is out, this is the local IP address. If the direction is in, this is the remote IP address. Acceptable values: An IPv4 address in dotted-decimal notation or an IPv6 address in colon-hexadecimal notation. Default: If you omit the source address and destination address uses the wildcard IPv4 address If you omit the source address but specify the destination address, uses the wildcard IPv4 address or wildcard IPv6 address according to the type of IP address you specify for the destination address. Specifies the source port number (src_port) of the packet. If the direction is out, this is the local port number. If the direction is in, this is the remote port number. Range: An unsigned integer in the range 1 - 65535. Default: Any port number(0). If you are making a query for an outbound client-server application where the source port number can be any user-space port, specify a "dummy" user-space port number for the source port, such as 65535. Specifies the destination IP address (dst_ip_addr) of the packet. If the direction is out, this is the remote IP address. If the direction is in, this is the local IP address. Acceptable values: An IPv4 address in dotted-decimal notation or an IPv6 address in colon-hexadecimal notation. Default: If you omit the source address and destination address uses the wildcard IPv4 address If you omit the destination address but specify the source address, uses the wildcard IPv4 address or wildcard IPv6 address according to the type of IP address you specify for the source address. Specifies the destination port number (dst_port) of the packet. If the direction is out, this is the remote port number. If the direction is in, this is the local port number. Range: An unsigned integer in the range 1 - 65535. Default: If omitted, any port number is assumed. If you are making a query for an inbound client-server application where the client port number can be any user-space port, specify a "dummy" user-space port number for the destination (server) port such as 65535. Specifies the network_protocol of the packet. Acceptable values: (Mobile IPv6 Mobility Header), or Default: Any network protocol(0). Specifies the direction for the packet specification. Acceptable values: or Default: RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns 0; otherwise it returns 1. ERRORS
fails if any of the following conditions is encountered: o Command used incorrectly - Usage message is returned. o HP-UX IPSec subsystem is not running - returns the following message: EXAMPLES
IPv4 Example On system A you want to determine which host IPsec policy will be used for outbound telnet traffic to system B or when local users telnet to system B. Since the telnet clients on system A will use any unused user-space TCP port and the telnet daemons on system B will use TCP port 23, you could use the following command: On system A you want to determine which host IPsec policy will be used for inbound telnet traffic from system B or when users on system B telnet to the local system. Since the local telnet daemons will use TCP port 23 and clients on system B will use any unused user-space TCP port, you could use the following command: IPv6 example On system A you want to determine which host IPsec policy will be used for outbound telnet traffic to system B or when local users telnet to system B. Since the telnet clients on system A will use any unused user-space TCP port and the telnet daemons on system B will use TCP port 23, you could use the following command: On system A you want to determine which host IPsec policy will be used for inbound telnet traffic from system B or when users on system B telnet to the local system. Since the local telnet daemons will use TCP port 23 and clients on system B will use any unused user-space TCP port, you could use the following command: WARNINGS
requires the optional HP-UX IPSec software. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
ipsec_admin(1M), ipsec_config(1M), ipsec_config_add(1M), ipsec_config_batch(1M), ipsec_config_delete(1M), ipsec_config_export(1M), ipsec_config_show(1M), ipsec_migrate(1M), ipsec_report(1M). HP-UX IPSec Software Required ipsec_policy(1M)