Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux telnet doesn't want to connect with mail servers Post 302672429 by DavidMax on Monday 16th of July 2012 10:50:51 AM
Old 07-16-2012
Linux telnet doesn't want to connect with mail servers

Hi,
I have a problem which rely on the fact that I can't to connect from my Linux to any mail server (I have tried for example poczta.o2.pl 587 and poczta.onet.pl 587). It something strange because it works finely on Windows. Have you suggestions what can be source of troubles? I have tried to run telnet with an option -d but it doesn't give any information.

Thanks in advance for responses,
Greetings.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Re-connect to floating telnet sessions

We use SCO OSR5 with TermLIte to create telnet sessions. If you accidently click X on the TermLite screen and exit the session you leave process running. I've heard of a program that will allow you to re-connect to these 'floating' sessions and then be able to carry on your session. Does anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikeh
2 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Linux mail servers benchmarks (Qmail, Sendmail,Postfix)

New Linux mail servers benchmarks website. Check out http://benchmarks.dmz.ro . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cipango
0 Replies

3. Solaris

connect whit Telnet without password

It's possible to connect whit Telnet (or rlogin) whithout password??? I must write a script (this script run on a windows machine), then after the connection on Unix machine, run a perl script and exit. I can know if an host can be consedered "Trusted" like SSH protocol? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raffyTxT
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

e-mail client supporting HTTP mail servers

Hi all I want to know, is there any e-mail client in linux which supports HTTP mail servers. i am using fedora2. as far as investigated or tried I only find POP or IMAP mail server configuration in mozilla mail, ximian and there were no option such as HTTP. I can easily see my e-mail while i am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: babayeve
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script to connect sftp servers

Dear friends, i need to connect sftp server from my home directory using script . Please can anyone help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect two servers in shell script

Hello all, I know that is a question which has made too many times, and I have been looking into the threads but all posted was not sucessfully for me so... I need a shell script which connect two unix servers, but NOT using ssh... Is there another way to do it? I've tried ssh but it didn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Geller
1 Replies

7. AIX

Connect HMC to remote servers

I'm trying to connect a few servers in different remote locations to my HMC. I added static IPs to the Service Processor through ASM, and did all the necessary network configurations, then connected those servers to our switch. Now my questions are: - in our site, do I need to connect these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dardeer
4 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

When i start CSF i cant connect VPS or download any data into it It appears i cant connect Linux VP?

It appears i cant connect linux VPS server via SSH or i cant SCP any file to it and i cant wget any file TO it (from inside it) while CSF (Config Server Firewall, LFD is running. Just after isntall in default configuration and after changing TESTING mode to LIVE mode. Trying to wget & install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can we connect multiple servers at a time?

help me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connect direct - SFTP - List of servers that I can connect

Greetings Experts, I am working for a bank client and have a question on connect-direct and SFTP. We are using Linux RedHat servers. We use connect-direct to transfer (NDM) files from one server to another server. At times, we manually transfer the files using SFTP from one server to another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies
mconnect(1)							   User Commands						       mconnect(1)

NAME
mconnect - connect to SMTP mail server socket SYNOPSIS
mconnect [-p port] [-r] [hostname] DESCRIPTION
The mconnect utility opens a connection to the mail server on a given host, so that it can be tested independently of all other mail soft- ware. If no host is given, the connection is made to the local host. Servers expect to speak the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) on this connection. Exit by typing the quit command. Typing EOF sends an end of file to the server. An interrupt closes the connection immedi- ately and exits. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -p port Specify the port number instead of the default SMTP port (number 25) as the next argument. -r "Raw" mode: disable the default line buffering and input handling. This produces an effect similar to telnet(1) to port number 25. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: hostname The name of a given host. USAGE
The mconnect command is IPv6-enabled. See ip6(7P). FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.hf help file for SMTP commands ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
telnet(1), sendmail(1M), attributes(5), ip6(7P) Postel, Jonathan B., RFC 821, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, Information Sciences Institute, University of Southern California, August 1982. SunOS 5.10 9 Nov 1999 mconnect(1)