Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cygwin - cannot execute binary file Post 302672277 by jlliagre on Monday 16th of July 2012 06:52:08 AM
Old 07-16-2012
Cygwin is not Linux. Quoting Cygwin main page:

Cygwin is not a way to run native Linux apps on Windows. You must rebuild your application from source if you want it to run on Windows.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

cannot execute binary file

We are getting one error when we execute the binary file below mentioned, and ownership goes to root:nobody, how to resolve this problem. sh /home/pub/bin/awk: cannot execute binary file :confused: Pls help me out . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to execute a binary file in solaris?

How to execute a binary file in solaris? I used ./setup.bin . I got the error ./setup.bin not found. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarwal
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot execute binary file

HI, i am trying to execute one .bin file which is a pre-installed (not compiled by me). But I am getting the error "cannot execute binary file".I checked the permissions and everything is ok. also I checked ldd <bin-filename> andit showed a msg "not a dynamic executable" Can anyone help in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhag281
4 Replies

4. SuSE

can not execute binary file

When I am trying to execute a script created by Perl2exe in Linux SLES 8.1 running with virtual machine on mainframe s/390 ....I am getting "cannot execute binary file".... In the linux server which are not in mainframe the scripts are fine..... Thanks for help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anu10
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert a .tr file to binary in cygwin

I would like to convert a .tr file to a binary file to use for trace purposes. Can anyone provide any insight? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparklezilla3
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot execute binary file

As root, I receive the error message, "cannot execute binary file" when running some commands such as /usr/bin/clear or /usr/sbin/brctl or /usr/sbin/lsof. The system is running RHEL5.5. File permissions are 755. noexec is NOT set on the partitions where these files live. I've spent a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmithJ
6 Replies

7. Linux

I'm trying to install JasperReports Server 4.1 on Linux Ubuntu (release 11.04) as root and have following message: -bash: ./jasperreports-server-cp-4.1.0-linux-x64-installer.run: cannot execute binary file Is any idea what should I do in order to install Jasper? Previously, I installed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pots06
6 Replies

8. Fedora

Hi all, Probably somewhat of an obvous problem here but i'm no pro. I just bought a PengPod1000 at pengpod.com On it I have an image of Fedora 18. I am trying to run an application I wrote for Fedora 14 32 bit desktop on this tablet. With all permissions setup using chmod but I get... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora18
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Hi, When i was trying to execute binary file i am getting the below " cannot execute binary file " error message." My Unix Version is : Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.1 (Tikanga) Logged in as Sudo user and $PATH Value is below ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nandy
1 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Xterm logging on Cygwin/X - binary data in log file.

I have Cygwin/X installed on Windows 7. In an xterm, I turned on logging via Main Options > Log to File. When I open my log file with Vim I get a warning that it might be binary. Looking through the file I see what I think are VT datastream escape characters. It makes it hard to use the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gctaylor
1 Replies
File::Spec::Cygwin(3pm) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   File::Spec::Cygwin(3pm)

NAME
File::Spec::Cygwin - methods for Cygwin file specs SYNOPSIS
require File::Spec::Cygwin; # Done internally by File::Spec if needed DESCRIPTION
See File::Spec and File::Spec::Unix. This package overrides the implementation of these methods, not the semantics. This module is still in beta. Cygwin-knowledgeable folks are invited to offer patches and suggestions. canonpath Any "" (backslashes) are converted to "/" (forward slashes), and then File::Spec::Unix canonpath() is called on the result. file_name_is_absolute True is returned if the file name begins with "drive_letter:", and if not, File::Spec::Unix file_name_is_absolute() is called. tmpdir (override) Returns a string representation of the first existing directory from the following list: $ENV{TMPDIR} /tmp $ENV{'TMP'} $ENV{'TEMP'} C:/temp Since Perl 5.8.0, if running under taint mode, and if the environment variables are tainted, they are not used. case_tolerant Override Unix. Cygwin case-tolerance depends on managed mount settings and as with MsWin32 on GetVolumeInformation() $ouFsFlags == FS_CASE_SENSITIVE, indicating the case significance when comparing file specifications. Default: 1 COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004,2007 by the Perl 5 Porters. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 File::Spec::Cygwin(3pm)