Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cygwin - cannot execute binary file Post 302672273 by @man on Monday 16th of July 2012 06:46:31 AM
Old 07-16-2012
Question Cygwin - cannot execute binary file

Hey all,

I am using Cygwin on a machine running windows 7 64bits. I am about to use the following command:
Code:
$ faToTwoBit in.fa out.2bit

In the manual on sourceforge it mentioned:
"Download blat and faToTwoBit and set the blat_bin and fatotwobit_bin entries in config.txt to the fully qualified paths of the blat and faToTwoBit binaries." SourceForge.net: Comrad 0.1.0 - fusioncomrad

I downloaded blat and faToTwoBit and put them in /Usr/bin
But when I try to run the command I see this error:
Code:
-bash: /usr/bin/faToTwoBit: cannot execute binary file

BTW, I checked the file that I downloaded and it is an ELF 64-bit LSB executable.
Code:
$ file /usr/bin/faToTwoBit
/usr/bin/faToTwoBit: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, stripped

Anyone can help me?! :|
Tnx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

cannot execute binary file

We are getting one error when we execute the binary file below mentioned, and ownership goes to root:nobody, how to resolve this problem. sh /home/pub/bin/awk: cannot execute binary file :confused: Pls help me out . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to execute a binary file in solaris?

How to execute a binary file in solaris? I used ./setup.bin . I got the error ./setup.bin not found. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarwal
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot execute binary file

HI, i am trying to execute one .bin file which is a pre-installed (not compiled by me). But I am getting the error "cannot execute binary file".I checked the permissions and everything is ok. also I checked ldd <bin-filename> andit showed a msg "not a dynamic executable" Can anyone help in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhag281
4 Replies

4. SuSE

can not execute binary file

When I am trying to execute a script created by Perl2exe in Linux SLES 8.1 running with virtual machine on mainframe s/390 ....I am getting "cannot execute binary file".... In the linux server which are not in mainframe the scripts are fine..... Thanks for help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anu10
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert a .tr file to binary in cygwin

I would like to convert a .tr file to a binary file to use for trace purposes. Can anyone provide any insight? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparklezilla3
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot execute binary file

As root, I receive the error message, "cannot execute binary file" when running some commands such as /usr/bin/clear or /usr/sbin/brctl or /usr/sbin/lsof. The system is running RHEL5.5. File permissions are 755. noexec is NOT set on the partitions where these files live. I've spent a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmithJ
6 Replies

7. Linux

I'm trying to install JasperReports Server 4.1 on Linux Ubuntu (release 11.04) as root and have following message: -bash: ./jasperreports-server-cp-4.1.0-linux-x64-installer.run: cannot execute binary file Is any idea what should I do in order to install Jasper? Previously, I installed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pots06
6 Replies

8. Fedora

Hi all, Probably somewhat of an obvous problem here but i'm no pro. I just bought a PengPod1000 at pengpod.com On it I have an image of Fedora 18. I am trying to run an application I wrote for Fedora 14 32 bit desktop on this tablet. With all permissions setup using chmod but I get... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora18
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Hi, When i was trying to execute binary file i am getting the below " cannot execute binary file " error message." My Unix Version is : Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.1 (Tikanga) Logged in as Sudo user and $PATH Value is below ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nandy
1 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Xterm logging on Cygwin/X - binary data in log file.

I have Cygwin/X installed on Windows 7. In an xterm, I turned on logging via Main Options > Log to File. When I open my log file with Vim I get a warning that it might be binary. Looking through the file I see what I think are VT datastream escape characters. It makes it hard to use the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gctaylor
1 Replies
Inline-Support(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Inline-Support(3)

NAME
Inline-Support - Support Information for Inline.pm and related modules. DESCRIPTION
This document contains all of the latest support information for "Inline.pm" and the recognized Inline Language Support Modules (ILSMs) available on CPAN. SUPPORTED LANGUAGES
The most important language that Inline supports is "C". That is because Perl itself is written in "C". By giving a your Perl scripts access to "C", you in effect give them access to the entire glorious internals of Perl. (Caveat scriptor :-) As of this writing, Inline also supports: - C++ - Java - Python - Tcl - Assembly - CPR - And even Inline::Foo! :) Projects that I would most like to see happen in the year 2001 are: - Fortran - Ruby - Lisp - Guile - Bash - Perl4 SUPPORTED PLATFORMS
"Inline::C" should work anywhere that CPAN extension modules (those that use XS) can be installed, using the typical install format of: perl Makefile.PL make make test make install It has been tested on many Unix and Windows variants. NOTE: "Inline::C" requires Perl 5.005 or higher because "Parse::RecDescent" requires it. (Something to do with the "qr" operator) Inline has been successfully tested at one time or another on the following platforms: Linux Solaris SunOS HPUX AIX FreeBSD OpenBSD BeOS OS X WinNT Win2K WinME Win98 Cygwin The Microsoft tests deserve a little more explanation. I used the following: Windows NT 4.0 (service pack 6) Perl 5.005_03 (ActiveState build 522) MS Visual C++ 6.0 The "nmake" make utility (distributed w/ Visual C++) "Inline::C" pulls all of its base configuration (including which "make" utility to use) from "Config.pm". Since your MSWin32 version of Perl probably came from ActiveState (as a binary distribution) the "Config.pm" will indicate that "nmake" is the system's "make" utility. That is because ActiveState uses Visual C++ to compile Perl. To install "Inline.pm" (or any other CPAN module) on MSWin32 w/ Visual C++, use these: perl Makefile.PL nmake nmake test nmake install Inline has also been made to work with Mingw32/gcc on all Windows platforms. This is a free compiler for Windows. You must also use a perl built with that compiler. The "Cygwin" test was done on a Windows 98 machine using the Cygwin Unix/Win32 porting layer software from Cygnus. The "perl" binary on this machine was also compiled using the Cygwin tool set ("gcc"). This software is freely available from http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/ If you get Inline to work on a new platform, please send me email email. If it doesn't work, let me know as well and I'll see what can be done. SEE ALSO
For general information about Inline see Inline. For information about using Inline with C see Inline::C. For sample programs using Inline with C see Inline::C-Cookbook. For information on writing your own Inline Language Support Module, see Inline-API. Inline's mailing list is inline@perl.org To subscribe, send email to inline-subscribe@perl.org AUTHOR
Brian Ingerson <INGY@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2000-2002. Brian Ingerson. Copyright (c) 2008, 2010, 2011. Sisyphus. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.18.2 2012-11-19 Inline-Support(3)