Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get Data From CSV File and put into a txt file Post 302672057 by alister on Sunday 15th of July 2012 06:55:54 PM
Old 07-15-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by agama
One way (ksh or bash):

Code:
#/usr/bin/env ksh
(
    printf "S+\nC+\n"
    sed '1d; s/\t/ /g' file-A
    printf "C-\nS-\n"
) >file-B

Looks like there's a little bit more to it than that. Fields 2 and 3 need to be cut. I suppose you can pipe cut into sed or just do it in sed itself.

Regards,
Alister
This User Gave Thanks to alister For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK CSV to TXT format, TXT file not in a correct column format

HI guys, I have created a script to read 1 column in a csv file and then place it in text file. However, when i checked out the text file, it is not in a column format... Example: CSV file contains name,age aa,11 bb,22 cc,33 After using awk to get first column TXT file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdap
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want some selected data from first file and put into other file in specified format

I have a file with follwing content ---------------------------------- SCHEDULE XXXXXXXXX#JOBCOUNT ON EVERYDAY AT 0000 PRIORITY 50 SCHEDULE XXXXXXXXX#ABCDEFGH ON EVERYDAY AT 0001 PRIORITY 29 SCHEDULE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shreyas
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting txt file to csv file

Hi, Using rsync, I've sent the output to a text file. This is the text file : Pls help me on converting this text file to a csv file. Probably a script or sth to convert the text file to a csv file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine two files and put it in .csv file

Hi Freinds I have two .txt file gem1.txt and gem2.txt, Sample gem1.txt abstract (1.0.0) actionmailer (2.3.5, 2.2.2) actionpack (2.3.5, 2.2.2) activerecord (2.3.5, 2.2.2) activerecord-oracle_enhanced-adapter (1.1.9) activerecord-sqlserver-adapter (2.3.4) activeresource (2.3.5, 2.2.2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit_view24
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

split input data file and put into same output file

Hi All, I have two input file and need to generate a CSV file. The existing report just "GREP" the records with the Header and Tailer records with the count of records. Now i need to split the data into 25 records each in the same CSV file. id_file (Input file ) 227050994 232510151... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rasmith
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

txt file to CSV

hi.. I have a text file which looks likes this 2258 4569 1239 258 473 i need to convert it into comma seperated format eg:2258,4569,1239,258,437 pls help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: born
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy data to CSV file from txt output

Hi Everyone , Below is output from a TL1 , I want just the NE Name: and beside that the Temperature and the voltages in a csv file , Is this possible? > act-user:AB1S2a:ArshadFO:493::**********; AB1S2a 2016-02-07 10:13:24 M 493 COMPLD "ArshadFO:2016-02-07 10-04-55,0" ;... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: adgjmpt
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from a log file and put it in a file

Hi, I would like to seek your help for a script that will extract data from log file and put it in a file. Sample log file 2018-10-23 12:33:21 AI ERROR -- tpid: SAMPLE_TH account: 123456789 aiSessionNumber: 660640464 mapName: xxx to yyy errorDesc: Translation Error:ErrorNumber : 993 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neverwinter112
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert a txt file to a CSV file

Hi , I have a Txt file which consist of 1000's of SOAP request and response and i want the file to be converted to a csv file like column a should have a soap request and column b should have the soap response . can someone assist me in achieving this please ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarm8
2 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. SunOS 5.10 30 Aug 2004 getusershell(3C)