Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting txt file into CSV using awk or sed Post 302672037 by alister on Sunday 15th of July 2012 04:58:34 PM
Old 07-15-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk
Once I'm done with this, there is one last step, but it might be easier to explain in a separate thread or perhaps once I am to get this master CSV file.
It's never a good idea to withhold information. Better too much than too little. I've lost count of how many times I've seen someone ask for help on some very specific task, and then, later add another requirement which makes it clear that a completely different approach would have been simpler, more efficient and more maintainable. When that happens, it's a waste of time for everyone involved, both the member seeking help and the members offering help.

Whatever it is, I'm sure agama can handle it. Smilie

Regards,
Alister
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to alister For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK CSV to TXT format, TXT file not in a correct column format

HI guys, I have created a script to read 1 column in a csv file and then place it in text file. However, when i checked out the text file, it is not in a column format... Example: CSV file contains name,age aa,11 bb,22 cc,33 After using awk to get first column TXT file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdap
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting xls file to txt file and xls to csv

I need to convert an excel file into a text file and an excel file into a CSV file.. any code to do that is appreciated thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bandar007
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting txt file to csv file

Hi, Using rsync, I've sent the output to a text file. This is the text file : Pls help me on converting this text file to a csv file. Probably a script or sth to convert the text file to a csv file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk/sed in handling csv file.

Please study the below script and the output Script: echo "Minimum ${host} ${process} response time=${min} ms" >> ${OUTDIR}/${OUTFILE}; echo "Maximum ${host} ${process} response time=${max} ms" >> ${OUTDIR}/${OUTFILE}; echo "Average ${host} ${process} response time=${avg} ms" >>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting txt file in csv

HI All, I have a text file memory.txt which has following values. Average: 822387 7346605 89.93 288845 4176593 2044589 51883 2.47 7600 i want to convert this file in csv format and i am using following command to do it. sed s/_/\./g <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkashif
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed/something else for csv file

Hi, I have a filename.csv in which there are 3 colums, ie: Name ; prefixnumber ; number root ; 020 ; 1234567 user1,2,3 ; 070 ; 7654321 What I want is to merge colum 2 and 3 that it becomes 0201234567 or even better +31201234567 so the country number is used and drop the leading 0.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: necron
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using csh / awk / sed to compare database sizes in a txt file

Hello, I have an output file showing database sizes across the 3 environments that I use (LIVE, TEST & DEVELOPMENT). I am trying to write a script that lets me know if the size of a db on one environment is different to its corresponding db on the other environments. Here is an example... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevie_g
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print value from txt file to csv

Hi, I want to print two columns from a .txt file to a .csv file using awk. data in text file: Application -------------------------------------------------- ----------- OS Related Issues 1 EMEA Solutions ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashu_g
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk for converting xml to txt

Hi, I have a xml script, I converted it to .txt with values comma seperated using awk function. But I want the output values should be inside double quotes My xml script (Workorders.xml) is shown like below: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <scbm-extract version="3.3">... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Viswanatheee55
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk, sed, shell all words in INPUT.txt find in column1 of TABLE.txt and replce with column2 in

Hi dears i have text file like this: INPUT.txt 001_1_173 j nuh ]az 001_1_174 j ]esma. nuh ]/.xori . . . and have another text like this TABLE.txt j j nuh word1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alii
6 Replies
iv_task(3)						    ivykis programmer's manual							iv_task(3)

NAME
iv_task_register, iv_task_unregister, iv_task_registered - deal with ivykis tasks SYNOPSIS
#include <iv.h> struct iv_task { void *cookie; void (*handler)(void *); }; void IV_TASK_INIT(struct iv_task *task); void iv_task_register(struct iv_task *task); void iv_task_unregister(struct iv_task *task); int iv_task_registered(struct iv_task *task); DESCRIPTION
The functions iv_task_register and iv_task_unregister register, respectively unregister, a task with the current thread's ivykis event loop. iv_task_registered on a task returns true if that task is currently registered with ivykis. A task is like a timer, but with an immediate timeout. When a task is registered, unless it is unregistered again first, the callback function specified by ->handler is guaranteed to be called once, in the thread that the task was registered in, some time after control returns to the ivykis main loop but before ivykis will sleep for more events, with ->cookie as its first and sole argument. When this hap- pens, the task is transparently unregistered. Tasks are mainly used for scheduling code for execution where it is not appropriate to directly run that code in the calling context (for example, because the current context might be run as a callback function where the caller expects certain conditions to remain invariant after the callback completes). The application is allowed to change the ->cookie and ->handler members at any time. A given struct iv_task can only be registered in one thread at a time, and a task can only be unregistered in the thread that it was regis- tered from. There is no limit on the number of tasks registered at once. See iv_examples(3) for programming examples. SEE ALSO
ivykis(3), iv_examples(3) ivykis 2010-08-15 iv_task(3)