Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting DOS filetype to UNIX Post 302671987 by ksk on Sunday 15th of July 2012 01:37:57 PM
Old 07-15-2012
Thanks to both of you. In addition, my way of doing it (from ARCHIVED: How do I convert between Unix and Mac OS or Mac OS X text files? - Knowledge Base) is
Code:
   awk '{ gsub("\r", "\n"); print $0;}' macfile.txt > unixfile.txt

to go from Mac OS to Unix/Linux.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DOS to Unix translator

I know nothing of unix and didn't know where to start. I've heard of a DOS to Unix translator, and since I know DOS pretty well, I thought that this program would be perfect. Any help you could give me would be appreciated. Bryan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bferguson
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Shell script to Dos batch files

Hi friends! I am having some simple shell script files to build postgresql database and all. Now i want to convert those scripts to dos batch scripts(to run on windows XP/2000/NT) because there is no need of unix emulation for latest release of postgresql. Please somebody help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darwinkna
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Converting UNIX scripts to DOS

Is there a tool available to convert UNIX (BASH Shell) scripts to DOS scripts? I understand that DOS scripting is far inferior to unix scripting, and therfore this conversion may not be possible. Alternativley, perhaps I could convert my Unix scripts to C... then compile it for a windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crozz
2 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

telnet from unix to dos

hi eveybody, i use sco unix as server and dos as client . how i can connect from unix server to dos client ( how to telnet to dos and run commands?)? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrb78
1 Replies

5. SCO

telnet from unix to dos

hi eveybody, i use sco unix as server and dos as client . how i can connect from unix server to dos client ( how to telnet to dos and run commands?)? thanks. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

telnet from unix to dos

hi eveybody, i use sco unix as server and dos as client . how i can connect from unix server to dos client ( how to telnet to dos and run commands?)? thanks. (8 Replies)
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dos-Unix Connectivity

Hi, Is there any method to connect unix box(Excecuting unix commands through Batch Files) through DOS prompt. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar_ssm
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX/MS-DOs scipt

Is any one who know a good tutorial for Unix bash script and Ms-Dos scipt?? if yes, if is possible to upload it or give me the link??? What is the difference betwwen uvix and ms-dos script?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tom2
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting scripts from dos 2 unix format

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and exploring it , I have developed few sample shell script but I have developed them on windows xp notepad and then saving them on folder and then testing them on cywgin and running perfectly...but these scripts are in dos format and I want to convert them in unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul125
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting DOS Batch file to Shell Script

Hi, This is my DOS Batch file. @echo off echo "Program Name :" %0 rem echo "Next param :" %1 echo "Next param :" "Username/Password" echo "User Id :" %2 echo "User Name :" %3 echo "Request ID ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
4 Replies
PERLMACOS(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      PERLMACOS(1)

NAME
README.macos - Perl under Mac OS (Classic) SYNOPSIS
This document briefly describes perl under Mac OS (Classic). If you are running perl under Mac OS X, you don't want to be here (unless you are in the Classic environment under Mac OS X). When we say "Mac OS" below, we mean Mac OS 7, 8, and 9, and not Mac OS X. DESCRIPTION
The latest perl source itself builds on Mac OS, with some additional pieces. Support for Mac OS is now in the perl core, and MacPerl is kept in close sync with regular perl releases. To build perl for Mac OS (as an MPW tool), you will need the addition of the macos subdirectory, distributed separately. It includes extra source files, config files, and make files. It also includes extra Mac-specific modules. To build the MacPerl application, you will also need the macperl directory, which includes the source files for creating the application itself. All of this is available from the development site, via HTTP (in the MacPerl Installer, which includes all the source and binaries) and anonymous CVS. http://dev.macperl.org/ The source is also in the main perl repository in the macperl branch (the 5.6 source is in the maint-5.6/macperl branch). You will also need compilers and libraries, all of them freely available. These are linked to from the SourceForge site. Go that site for all things having to do with MacPerl development. MacPerl 5.6.1 and later are supported on Mac OS 8.1 and later, for 68040 and PowerPC architectures. The MPW tool may be used on Mac OS 7.5.5 and 68030 computers. MacPerl 5.2.0r4 is also available, on the CPAN and on SourceForge. It is based on perl 5.004, and works with Mac OS 7.5.5 and 68030 com- puters. AUTHOR
perl was ported to Mac OS by Matthias Neeracher <neeracher@mac.com>. It is currently maintained by Chris Nandor <pudge@pobox.com>. DATE
Last modified 2002.05.02. perl v5.8.9 2007-11-17 PERLMACOS(1)