Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Pass arguments to the library .so Post 302671983 by chercheur857 on Sunday 15th of July 2012 01:23:42 PM
Old 07-15-2012
Pass arguments to the library .so

Hello,

Please, how can i pass arguments to my lib.so ? my lib.so is written in c and i need some arguments in the code ..
LD_PRELOAD=lib.so ./program

Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass arguments to called program

Thank you very much. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShellUser
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pass Kill with arguments

Dude, I want to kill a process, but the processid is in a text file. I have to read the text file for the process id and pass it as parameter to the kill command. Example $ cat prcid.txt 18650 I want to pass the value 18650 as a process id to kill command. $ kill -9 <value read from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksmuralee
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to pass arguments to shell script

Hi, I have a shell script called ftp.sh which is running continously in background. I tried passing arguments to this script but it did not worked out. Below is ftp.sh script. Please help me case $param in start) sleep_func "300" echo "!ksh $scr_ddir/ftp.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhargav20
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help to pass arguments in script

Hi, I have a my script here-- print "The Perl Script does the User health check and system health check...\n"; print "---------------------------------------------------------------------\n"; # use strict; my($OS); $OS = $^O; # need to test @ARGV before GetOptions shifts it if (@ARGV... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do we pass multiple arguments into awk

How do we pass multiple arguments into awk : name=john age=12 now i have to pass both age and name into awk.. how to do it? like : awk -v var=... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinav192
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to pass arguments to an interactive script

Hey guys, I have an interactive script that is quite critical to our production environmentl thus updating it to run non-interactively is not an option. The script takes a varying number of arguments, which it ques untill user confirm end of data entry e.g of user input : 1 2 y ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: geek.ksa
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass arguments unchanged

Hi, I have to use ksh on HP-UX for some scripting. I usually use "set -e -u" in scripts to stop if errors occur or a typo is in a variable name. Now I try to use "$@" to pass the arguments unchanged to another function, which works without problems - unless I try to call the script without... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: michas
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To pass arguments to makefile using script

Hi, I want to run a target of makfile using script by passing different arguments to it again n again. I i need to grep certain things from the log file. eg make abc KAB=8 BAC=8 >& KAB_BAC.log grep "timeA" KAB_BAC.log grep "timeB" KAB_BAC.log (i want to store the difference of the two time... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdhingra123
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass arguments to bash script

myscript.sh #!/bin/bash ARGA=$1 if ; then echo "${ARGA}:Confirmed" else echo "${ARGA}:Unconfirmed" fi when I run the above script from the command line, i run it as: ./myscript.sh jsmith now some times, i need to runn it this way: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass arguments to an interactive script?

I've tried to find a solution to this, but I"m stumped. OS - RH Linux 5.9 I have a bash script <myProgram.sh> that gets executed manually and creates a small response file. I'm trying to automate the running of this script. When myProgram.sh runs, it prompts the user to enter 2 pieces of... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: progkcp
13 Replies
TORSOCKS(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  TORSOCKS(1)

NAME
torsocks - Shell wrapper to simplify the use of the torsocks(8) library to transparently allow an application to use a SOCKS proxy. Basi- cally a renamed, patched tsocks. SYNOPSIS
torsocks [application [application's arguments]] or torsocks [on|off] or torsocks DESCRIPTION
torsocks is a wrapper between the torsocks library and the application what you would like to run socksified. SUMMARY
By default, torsocks will assume that it should connect to the SOCKS proxy running at 127.0.0.1 on port 9050. This is the default address and port for Tor's socks server on most installations. In order to use a configuration file, you must set the environment variable TORSOCKS_CONF_FILE with the location of the file. If TORSOCKS_CONF_FILE is not set, torsocks will attempt to read the configuration file at /etc/torsocks.conf. If that file cannot be read, torsocks will use sensible defaults for most Tor installations, i.e. it will assume that you want to use a SOCKS proxy running at 127.0.0.1 (localhost) on port 9050. For further information on configuration, see torsocks.conf(5). OPTIONS
[application [application's arguments]] run the application as specified with the environment (LD_PRELOAD) set such that torsocks(8) will transparently proxy SOCKS connec- tions in that program [on|off] this option adds or removes torsocks(8) from the LD_PRELOAD environment variable. When torsocks(8) is in this variable all executed applications are automatically socksified. If you want to use this function, you HAVE to source the shell script from yours, like this: "source /usr/bin/torsocks" or ". /usr/bin/torsocks" Example: ". torsocks on" -- add the torsocks lib to LD_PRELOAD ". torsocks off" -- remove the torsocks lib from LD_PRELOAD [show|sh] show the current value of the LD_PRELOAD variable <without any argument> create a new shell with LD_PRELOAD including torsocks(8). AUTHOR
This script was created by Tamas SZERB <toma@rulez.org> for the debian package of tsocks. It (along with this manual page) have since been adapted into the torsocks project and modified. TORSOCKS
TORSOCKS(1)