Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Expanding horizons with a 10 distro test Post 302671917 by tbird222 on Sunday 15th of July 2012 05:47:59 AM
Old 07-15-2012
May not want to share /home

My own experience is that sharing /home between distros can lead to muddled configuration settings. I've recently switched to running with all of my data in a /Data partition, with shortcuts from each distros /home to /Data/documents, /Data/music, /Data/pictures, etc. That way all the distros get to share my data without them getting tangled in each others' config settings.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expanding shell variable

I have a question about expanding shell variables. Given the following piece of script: a="Some text" b="Other text" for i in a b do string1=$i echo $string1 --> returns 'a' string2=EXPRESSION_WITH_$i echo $string2 --> returns 'Some text' done ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lonar
2 Replies

2. AIX

expanding the size of vg

Hi, I have created the lun of 15gb and assigned to aix,but now I want to expand the size of lun 15gb to 30gb, I am having following queries. 1)wheather i have to umount that partition on aix side before increasing the size of lun on storage side or directly I can increase directly size... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

expanding alias from a variable

Hi ! I am making my first steps to make a script. Therefore i try to make a scp command more easier. Given is the following alias: 14='admin@x-abcd-def.xyz Now i want to let the script read three var's from the console to use them in the script and then build the scp string. echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: locutus01
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

5. Linux

Expanding slice

Hi all I am testing backupPC as a backup solution for machines, as far as i knew, backuppc cannot combine more than storage from different slices so it have to be in one slice my question is, what is the easy way to offer a virtual logical drive expanded/expandable to backuppc, i mean i want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expanding regex in quote

Hi Experts, I'm trying to match and perform the substitution (below) but failed. <File1> Attributes = "SampleAttributes" Attributes1 = "SampleAttributes1" Command: grep Attributes File1 | sed 's|Attributes\s=\s\"\"|Attributes = \"ReplaceAttributes\"|' Any ideas? :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: antderu
2 Replies

8. Solaris

expanding RAM

our sparc server has only 1Gb RAM. Since RAM is not very expensive anymore, it seems like a good idea to upgrade it. will it make server (and database on it) faster? I hope it would less 'abuse' hard drive.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expanding a globed variable name

Heyas I'm trying to give some information on used variables. While the first two work fine, the ones starting with a glob (is that the proper term?) fail. echo ${!TUI_*} ${!RET_*} ${!*_CLI} ${!*\_GUI} bash: ${!*_CLI}: bad substitution Same with @ or have them escaped. I found no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Longlist files without expanding

Hi, I want to long list files within a file.tar.Z/file.tar.gz file. I tried these: I'm working on HP UX 11iV3 OS tar -tvzf file.tar.gz -->not working as 'z' is not supported gunzip -c file.tar.gz | tar tvf - -->does this unizip the tar file? i don't want it to be unzipped. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
1 Replies
BLAZE-REMOVE(1) 					    BlazeBlogger Documentation						   BLAZE-REMOVE(1)

NAME
blaze-remove - removes a post or page from the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-remove [-fipqPV] [-b directory] id... blaze-remove -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-remove removes a blog post or a page with the specified id from the BlazeBlogger repository. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -p, --page, --pages Tells blaze-remove to remove a page or pages. -P, --post, --posts Tells blaze-remove to remove a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -f, --force Disables requiring manual confirmation of each blog post or page removal. This is the default option. -i, --interactive Enables requiring manual confirmation of each blog post or page removal. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. EXAMPLE USAGE
Remove a blog post: ~]$ blaze-remove 10 Successfully removed the post with ID 10. Remove a page: ~]$ blaze-remove -p 4 Successfully removed the page with ID 4. Remove multiple blog posts: ~]$ blaze-remove 10 4 6 Successfully removed the post with ID 10, 4 and 6. Remove multiple blog posts safely: ~]$ blaze-remove -i 10 4 6 Remove the post with ID 10 titled `Debian and Fedora Packages'? y Remove the post with ID 4 titled `BlazeBlogger 0.8.0 RC2'? y Remove the post with ID 6 titled `BlazeBlogger 0.8.1'? y Successfully removed the post with ID 10, 4 and 6. SEE ALSO
blaze-config(1), blaze-add(1), blaze-list(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-REMOVE(1)