Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Live Upgrade Query
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Live Upgrade Query Post 302671779 by solaris_1977 on Saturday 14th of July 2012 02:08:06 PM
Old 07-14-2012
Thanks, I am able to start process

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Live upgrade Issue

Hi, I upgraded solaris 10 x86 from update 3 to update 7 with zones installed n UFS file system . The global zone was updated but the non global zone still shows update 3 what could be the reason for this and how can i update the local zones to update 7 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Live upgrade question

I want to basically update an ABE that someone created a few months back. I'm sure stuff has changed since it was made, and I was going to delete it and create a new one. But from what I'm looking at, the lumake appears like it would be a faster approach. I want to use live upgrade to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Live Upgrade Issue

I tried a live upgrade for one my solaris 10u8 server which didnt go sucessfull and after that i now have following mounts in memory. df: cannot statvfs /.alt.sol10u8_2/var: No such file or directory df: cannot statvfs /.alt.sol10u8_2/var/run: No such file or directory df: cannot statvfs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 Live Upgrade Issue

Hi Guys, having an issue with running Live Upgrade on a t5240 runiing Solaris 10 5/08. The system has the required patches 121430, and Live upgrade was updated from the install media sol-10-u10-ga2-sparc-dvd.iso The following boot environments were created solenv1 and solenv2 with the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Revo
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Live upgrade query

Hi All, Is it possible to use external san disk for creating alternate boot environment and boot from it.My root disk is about 70 gb and i want to use external san disk for 272gb to create alternate boot environment.If this is possible can you please redirect me some good documents, i had... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem in SVM after live upgrade

Hi I am new to live upgrade. I would like to tell you about my new setup, where my boot disk(c0d0) is mirrored with secondary disk(c0d1). I have remove the secondary whole disk(C0d1) from the mirror, so that I can do live upgrade on this secondary disk. I have done live upgrade on s0 partition... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Live upgrade first steps

Hello Guys, I am a little confused about the first step in the live upgrade process. I will be glad if someone can clarify this for me. The pre-live upgrade patch, when do you add this patch to the OS you want to upgrade? 1. before creating the new boot environment? or 2. after creating... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies
I386_GET_IOPERM(2)					      BSD System Calls Manual						I386_GET_IOPERM(2)

NAME
i386_get_ioperm, i386_set_ioperm -- manage per-process access to the i386 I/O port space LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <machine/sysarch.h> int i386_get_ioperm(unsigned int start, unsigned int *length, int *enable); int i386_set_ioperm(unsigned int start, unsigned int length, int enable); DESCRIPTION
The i386_get_ioperm() system call will return the permission for the process' I/O port space in the *enable argument. The port range starts at start and the number of contiguous entries will be returned in *length. The i386_set_ioperm() system call will set access to a range of I/O ports described by the start and length arguments to the state specified by the enable argument. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the value 0 is returned; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The i386_get_ioperm() and i386_set_ioperm() system calls will fail if: [EINVAL] An invalid range was specified by the start or length arguments. [EPERM] The caller of i386_set_ioperm was not the superuser. SEE ALSO
io(4) AUTHORS
This man page was written by Jonathan Lemon. BSD
July 27, 1998 BSD